This is the easiest route, right?

jtowntoflorida

Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney
We start our Disney trip on October 18th. We'll be staying at Universal for a few days prior to the 18th.

Our plan for the 18th is to start the day at Universal and get to the MK by 3:00 for FoF. The 18th is a party night and we're not going to the party. We're going to MK just for the parade and for the FP+s that we have booked. We have a dinner ADR at 1900 Park Fare at 7:25 and we're staying at VWL. We have APs and TIW. We'll have a rental car.

I think the easiest way to get from VWL to MK, then to the GF, and back to VWL after dinner is to drive to GF, valet park, take either the monorail or ferry to MK, take the monorail or ferry back to GF when the MK closes, have dinner at 1900 Park Fare, and then drive back to VWL. It seems like having a car at the GF is going to be the quickest way to get back to VWL after dinner, rather than having to travel from the GF to MK and then MK to VWL, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally, I would just leave my car at WL. Then you only have to take the bus or boat to MK. Then for your dinner at GF, I would take the boat since it stops first at GF. The monorail would mean you are the 4th stop. After dinner, I would just take the monorail to CR and then walk out to the boat dock to take the boat to WL.

If you are more concerned about getting back from GF to WL quickly, then your option for parking at GF would be fine.

Personally, I would just leave my car at WL. Then you only have to take the bus or boat to MK. Then for your dinner at GF, I would take the boat since it stops first at GF. The monorail would mean you are the 4th stop. After dinner, I would just take the monorail to CR and then walk out to the boat dock to take the boat to WL.

If you are more concerned about getting back from GF to WL quickly, then your option for parking at GF would be fine.

That boat from the Contemporary to WL has bit us in the butt before. I don't consider that to be a fast way between the resorts. Fun, sure, but not fast.

Time will definitely be of the essence on getting from GF to WL because it will have been a long day, so I want to do it as quickly as possible. I just Google Mapped it, and it's .9 miles/5 minutes to drive from GF to WL. It will take less time to drive it than to wait for the monorail.

ETA: I was looking more closely at the map and Google Maps is dumb. They had the Polynesian marked at the GF! The GF is 1.9 miles from the WL, not .9 miles. Still faster than transferring at the MK.

Since you are more concerned about getting back quickly at night, then drive and valet at GF. I would suggest taking the monorail to MK from GF as the MK is the next stop. The ferry would go to Poly and then to MK so it would take about 15 minutes more. Now, going from MK to GF, I would suggest the ferry as it is the first stop.

Since you are more concerned about getting back quickly at night, then drive and valet at GF. I would suggest taking the monorail to MK from GF as the MK is the next stop. The ferry would go to Poly and then to MK so it would take about 15 minutes more. Now, going from MK to GF, I would suggest the ferry as it is the first stop.

Thank you! I'm not familiar with transport to/from the GF so I didn't know about the Poly stop first.

The Valet is amazing at GF. So helpful, we did shopping at MK and a haircut for dgs, it was the next stop on the monorail. When I paid valet the woman at the desk told me it was for 24 hours. I had her repeat it. I went on to HS and ds returned to GF and picked up the car to meet me at HS. It took to the third bus to get to HS. The first too full for a wheelchair, the second couldn't take us because of a wheelchair but folded strollers and put them underneath. I requested to stow the wheelchair and ride the bus instead of waiting for the third bus which might be able to accommodate.
The buses were a total hit of miss, you could have one pull right up, or as leaving HS it took 45 min to get one to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter