This is the BESTEST time ever Gramma 14 days of seeing the magic Sept 5th -Sept 18th

:wave:Hi Hope everyone had a good weekend, went to "boo at the zoo" with Landen and Corri yesterday, so I did not get to post like I promised, So I going to catch up now:banana::cool1:

When I left off we where playing at a playground, and trying to decidie where to eat dinner, Corri suggusted a place called SALTWATER COWBOYS, we had seen a advertiment in a brochere we had pick up, David wanted a good sit down meal, as we had been fast food it alot, I can't wait until we get to WDW and get to do our meals we picked on the dining plan:woohoo:
We where surprise to find the resturant was a residential lneighborhood at the end of the street, located on a swappy area, David said look out for alligators,:scared1:
The resturant was pretty, big plants, and weathered seaside decor
. David had Boiled shimp, which he loved, said that they tasted like lobester. Corri had fish, and I had a steak, both where good, the resturant was nice and we all enjoyed our meals.
After dinner we decide to find a Walmart to see if there where any pictures on my chip from my camera, So off to walmart we go we find one on the GPS not to far away, We go the camera area and put the chip in one of one hour kishos, just like the one where I work, The pictures taken at Old Town are red streaked and some are totally blank. We decide to BUY a new camera, We look at cheap off name brands and decide to buy a Kodak one, I get a 8.1 mega pix one more than my old one:woohoo: I'm very happy to not have to worry about taking pictures now, We ask Corri if she want a new camera, she say she just get more batteries, and maybe her's at motel will work to morrow.
So we go back and relax, for tomoorow we are off to Orlando. And one day closer to Walt Disney World::MickeyMo

Going to stop for now, I need to work on my photo pass pictues my time is almost up.

Have a great Monday friends
Grace

I just came across your trip report and thought I would say "hi" to another Buckeye! Your beach pictures are gorgeous! Your grandson is a cutie. :)

How did you like the Equinox you rented? We bought one in April and have been thinking about driving it to Florida to visit family. I am wondering how it was for gas mileage, room and comfort. We haven't driven ours anywhere too far yet. :)

We were at Pop Century from 9/11-9/19 so I can't wait to read the rest of your report. :goodvibes

Hi Gracie !! Ineed a new camera too !! Iplan on giving LOTS of hints for Christmas !! Check out my PTR for 2010!! Look for Grannies and Hot Italians !!!!

Good to hear from you again Grace! You're getting closer and closer to your Disney report!
So glad you had a nice visit to the zoo this weekend. I haven't been to the Toledo zoo in SO long. Probably 3yrs. That's what happens when the kids get big.

Hi Friends:)
Hope you are still my friends, I'm SOOOOOO sorry it is taking me soooo Long to get this trip report done, But things keep getting the way of computer time. I really sorry, and I appreacate that some of you are still here with me. Thanks:goodvibes
Grace

I just came across your trip report and thought I would say "hi" to another Buckeye! Your beach pictures are gorgeous! Your grandson is a cutie. :)

How did you like the Equinox you rented? We bought one in April and have been thinking about driving it to Florida to visit family. I am wondering how it was for gas mileage, room and comfort. We haven't driven ours anywhere too far yet. :)

We were at Pop Century from 9/11-9/19 so I can't wait to read the rest of your report. :goodvibes
Hi :wave:and :welcome::welcome:to my trip report.
Thanks for joining in. hope you keep reading, and so sorry I did not reply sooner.

I have lived in Ohio all my life, I live in the Akron/Canton area. How about you?
Thanks the for the compliment about the beach pix, I was surprised that there were not more people on the beach, I though FL beaches are usually crowed.
My grandson is a cutie for :love:sure and I enjoy every mintue I get to spend with him, And am looking foward the day there will be more grandchildren.:goodvibes
The Equinox we rented was great!!! I thought we had lots of room. and the seats where quite comfortable, my DH says it handle well, and thought we got great gas mileage!!!
We were at Pop's from 9/10 thu /19 TOO!!!!!!!
I bet we saw each other and did not know it.
We stayed in the 70 section, Building#10. It was our 1st stay at Pop's and really like it.:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
How about you where did you stay?
Hopefully I will get to parts of the TR that are about WDW soon. I just having a hard time finding time lately.
Do you have a Trip Report, I would like to read it if you do.
Thanks again for join in, Hope to chat with you soon:)
Grace

Hi Gracie !! Ineed a new camera too !! Iplan on giving LOTS of hints for Christmas !! Check out my PTR for 2010!! Look for Grannies and Hot Italians !!!!
Bumping this upGracie !!!

Hi Rosie.
How are you? !I 'm O.K. But can't seem to find the time to work on TR like I like to do.:confused3
Hope you get the new camera for Christmas, I did check out your PTR, lucky you going again, wish I could go with you.
I will try to catch up on you TR and you new PTR soon.

Thanks for bumping me up.

Take care:goodvibes
Grace

Good to hear from you again Grace! You're getting closer and closer to your Disney report!
So glad you had a nice visit to the zoo this weekend. I haven't been to the Toledo zoo in SO long. Probably 3yrs. That's what happens when the kids get big.
Hi Lisa:)
Good to hear for you too:goodvibes
The zoo was fun, Landen is getting to know lots of the animals.

We have a zoo pass, that good until next summer. maybe will take a trip to The Toedo zoo and you can join us. And you so right kids get BIG so fast.
And, Yes!!!! Hopefully Soon I will be reporting on the DISNEY part of our trip:cool1:
Have a good day, and take care, and details on the Hawaii trip you can share?
Talk soon ,
Grace

Hi Gracie !! I too have been super busy !!! Can't wait for the WDW prt of the trip .Not that thebeach shots wern't great !! I am just such a Disney Nut:rotfl2:

Well my news is my May tripis OFF !!:sad2:But Good news I am going in Feb>!!!!!!!!:banana::banana: I have started a NEW PTR !! One Grannie in Search of Hot Italians !!!:rotfl2:

Here's goes a long awaited update!!!!!:cool1::banana::lmao:
Tuesday, Sept 8th, we get up and get our breakfast from the free breakfast in the lobby, stil in our pj. and bring it back to room to eat. I come up with the idea that if we could but just the things we need for the next two days in 1 suitcase, we would not have to take everying out of the car, so Corri and begin to try to organize things and Dave tries to straight out the car. We get things ready , David checks the room one last time, That something he always does on all our trips, he checks under the beds and all the drawers to mack sure we have not left anything and in all the years we been married (35) we never left anything yet.
So we off to ORLAND about 10:30 a.m., we have decided to drive down the I-1 A it a highway along the ocean, that someone at pool told us about. We find the highway after a little bit of turn around and are surprise to find it a toll highway, it cosy us $2.00. We drive down I-1A though the towns of Palm Coast, FalglerBeach, where I had check out a motel on the internet and though we might stay there was surprise to find it was quite far from St. Augustine. Ormond Beach, Holly Hill. we see lot of BIG beach homes and sometimes view of the ocean and we arrrive at Daytona Beach. I though we might try a drive on the beach but David did not want to take the car on the beach, which again surprised me.:confused3 Daytona hotel are big and TALL. and l of beach souviner shops, We come to I -4 and head
to Orlando:yay:
We see our 1st DISNEY sign:woohoo: And I see signs for I-192 where I was planning on getting a motel room. So we get off and decide to get something it eat it about 12:30, we are seeing lots of motels, shops and touist things, We get a meal at Sizzler we don't have any here, and it had a god buffet. I have the motel book in head and start to check out the ones in the book. I ask at the Ist and the clerk say that one is for Kissimee which is where I thought we where,
But we are in ORLANDO:woohoo:so we keep checking we see a Econolodge. it Big, we ask and our given a walk- in rate of 36.99 a nite, we take it and ask of a ground floor room. Our room is nice, we are happy with the area of the motel and the staff was very nice.
Corri was seen an ad for a "train and tolley musuem" and wants to take Landen there as he loves trains. The musuem is just down the street from our motel. The addmission is $10.00 and adult, but only$ 5.00 for senior citzen and David quality at 55 :rotfl2: so Poppa and Landen go see the trains.:goodvibes
(he was free)I give my camera to David but he does not take and pictures:confused3
Corri and I take a ride and find that we are only about 5 mintues from Sea World, Good news for tomorrow, We go in to a souviner shop, and see what they have and get some Postcard to send,:woohoo: I love to send postcards:goodvibes
We also stop in a imformation center, and get some pamplets. We pick up Poppa and Landen, they where there about and hour. Landen LOVED the train displays , David said it had a lot a intersesting things.I talk them into Driving To Kissimiee, to see if we made a good choice on the area. On the waY I see my 1st offical WDW signs:yay:

So happy:cheer2::yay::woohoo::cool1::banana:We are here!!!

The town of Kissimiee is nice, but for us I belive we made a great chioce in the hotel and area we choose and will stay there again.

We go back and Corri and Landen go swimming, The hotel has 3 pools , One small wading pool and a hot tub.
Corri had Landen had a good time swimming, both love the water.
After swimming we decide to go play miniature golf, which there 4 diifernt place on Inernational dr, which in the name on road our hotel is on. We choose Pirate's Cove. Landen had to have aregular putter Not the plastic kid one. This was he 1st time golfing , we had FUN:yay:
Can't seem to remember where we eat dinner it not in my notes:confused3I think it might have been chinese though.

After golf and dinner We finally convice Corri to let us buy her a new camera, so off to Walmart we go:lmao:
Corri get her new camera which makes me happy, because she take beautiful pictures, wait to you see her SW pictures
And I don't want her to be with out pictures of her son 1st trip to WDW:goodvibes
O.K. going to post this now, hopefully everthing work out O.. and I don't lose my post.
Thanks for sticking with me.
Grace

Hi :wave:and :welcome::welcome:to my trip report.
Thanks for joining in. hope you keep reading, and so sorry I did not reply sooner.

I have lived in Ohio all my life, I live in the Akron/Canton area. How about you?
Thanks the for the compliment about the beach pix, I was surprised that there were not more people on the beach, I though FL beaches are usually crowed.
My grandson is a cutie for :love:sure and I enjoy every mintue I get to spend with him, And am looking foward the day there will be more grandchildren.:goodvibes
The Equinox we rented was great!!! I thought we had lots of room. and the seats where quite comfortable, my DH says it handle well, and thought we got great gas mileage!!!
We were at Pop's from 9/10 thu /19 TOO!!!!!!!
I bet we saw each other and did not know it.
We stayed in the 70 section, Building#10. It was our 1st stay at Pop's and really like it.:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
How about you where did you stay?
Hopefully I will get to parts of the TR that are about WDW soon. I just having a hard time finding time lately.
Do you have a Trip Report, I would like to read it if you do.
Thanks again for join in, Hope to chat with you soon:)
Grace
Thanks!:goodvibes
I live in Tiffin. It's about and hour southeast of Toledo.
We really liked Pop as well. It was such a nice resort. We stayed in the 90's section close to the Rubik's cube stairs on the ground floor. If we cut through the parking lot we were right at the bus stops which was really nice. It cut out some of the walking. We probably did pass each other at some point.:)
I didn't do a trip report. I should have just to relive the trip.:)
Your trip report is off to a good start. I am looking forward to reading the rest.:goodvibes

Kelly, I know where Tiffin is. We lived in Findlay for about a year!

Grace, thank you for the update. I know it's hard to find the time to do things that you like. I just returned from a week in Mexico with my oldest DD and my DSIL. I LOVE HER! We had a very nice time, got to see Dolphins in the wild, baby sea turtles on the beach, and I drove a "Mexican Lexus" (1970's vw bug) It was a LOT of fun.
The details of Hawaii aren't much yet. All we have are dates and airline tickets. July 20-Aug 3.
I can't wait to see Corri's SW pics either!

Oh I'm so happy I found your TR!! :yay: We (DD, DGS 2 3/4, and me) were supposed to leave next Friday, but had to cancel due to H1N1. :sick::sad1:
BUT, we are rescheduled for the first of March!:cheer2::woohoo:

This trip was my idea, and I'm so excited to experience WDW with my grandson. I can't wait to hear all about your trip with your grandson. He is a cutie, just like mine.:lovestruc

Here he is in his Halloween costume.
halloween09056.jpg

Beth

Oh I'm so happy I found your TR!! :yay: We (DD, DGS 2 3/4, and me) were supposed to leave next Friday, but had to cancel due to H1N1. :sick::sad1:
BUT, we are rescheduled for the first of March!:cheer2::woohoo:

This trip was my idea, and I'm so excited to experience WDW with my grandson. I can't wait to hear all about your trip with your grandson. He is a cutie, just like mine.:lovestruc

halloween09056.jpg

Beth

You're right he is a cutie !!!!

Kelly, I know where Tiffin is. We lived in Findlay for about a year!

Wow, small world!:) We go to Findlay shopping all of the time. There is a little more to choose from there. In fact I was just there a week ago.:) It is a very nice town.

Hi, Grace! So glad I found your TR. Your Corri is lovely and Landen is precious! LOVE the photos of the beach - it's been years since I've been in St Augustine, but my grandbaby, DD and dsil were there last Feb (well, they go every Feb on the way to visit DSIL's family in Melbourne,FL).

Looking forward to reading all about Disney and how Landen liked everything! ::yes::

Remember when my 1st grand-daughter was born last year? Thought you might like to see Sophia now - she's already 14 mos and walking everywhere..sometimes running! I can't wait until she is Landen's age.
Sorry this is blurry - took it with a cell phone.
Sophia10-17-2009.jpg

Aw, Beth, he's darling!! You must be so excited to take him to WDW!! I can hardly wait until Sophia is old enough - we are going to wait until she is about 4 (we don't want to take a stroller), so still 3 more years to go!!
halloween09056.jpg

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter