This is our last day at BCV

kmermaid

DIS Veteran
and we are exhausted. After lunch at via napoli and a swim at the pool we are hanging out in our 2bdrm probably until the fireworks at Epcot tonight. Anyone have any questions?

Hi

May seem a silly question but do they still have the ducks who seem to like swimming in the quiet pool. I have a real fear of birds and this was the only thing that i really didn't enjoy at what otherwise was a fantastic resort.

Hi

May seem a silly question but do they still have the ducks who seem to like swimming in the quiet pool. I have a real fear of birds and this was the only thing that i really didn't enjoy at what otherwise was a fantastic resort.

Swam alone at the villa pool on Sunday EXCEPT for the family of ducks that joined me. They didn't come to the hot tub. Yes,the ducks are there and in SAB too.

yes the ducks are still here along with some adorable babies. I'm afraid they will never go away since they have a good thing going with guests feeding junk food to them. It drives me crazy when kids chase them and parents don't do anything.

and we are exhausted. After lunch at via napoli and a swim at the pool we are hanging out in our 2bdrm probably until the fireworks at Epcot tonight. Anyone have any questions?

YES!!! First and foremost, just how awesome is the 2 br at BCV??? What is your view like? What floor are you on?
We are going the 1st week of October for 7 nights. This will be our 1st stay at BCV and in a 2 br and are really looking forward to it. :yay:

We saw the ducks when we were at BCV last week. Our families immediately christened them cast members, as they were very tame and friendly.

yes the ducks are still here along with some adorable babies. I'm afraid they will never go away since they have a good thing going with guests feeding junk food to them. It drives me crazy when kids chase them and parents don't do anything.

I agree, when we stayed there last yr there were 2 children trying to jump on these poor ducks in the quiet pool and their (so called responsible adult) was heard saying oh they love all animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As much as i have a fear of birds, i thought this behaviour was outrageous.

YES!!! First and foremost, just how awesome is the 2 br at BCV??? What is your view like? What floor are you on?
We are going the 1st week of October for 7 nights. This will be our 1st stay at BCV and in a 2 br and are really looking forward to it. :yay:

Enjoy your stay, and the short walk to Epcot. We had a dedicated 2 bedroom that had a queen and queen sized sofa bed in the second bedroom. It was room 301 and at the end of the hall that was nearest the Porte-cochere. The position of the room gave us a shorter walk to SAB if we used the stairs and came out of the lobby but our view wasn't much to brag about. Prior togetting the 2 bedroom, we were in 549, a studio and we looked at the Tower of Terror from our balcony over the tops of trees.

They were working on the outside of BC and so, the back entrance path to EPCOT was blocked this was last week, or the week before.

Good for you that you got BCV during F&W time!

Bobbi:goodvibes

DUcks seem to hang out in most of the Disney pools--at least all that I've used (BC, YC, SSR, OKW--feature as well as quiet pools--but I don't recall seeing any at AKV pools or at BLT/CR pools)...

I'm not afraid of birds, but I don't like swimming with them...so I generally chase them away by splashing water at them...(one early morning--I tend to swim for excercise very early in the morning; often pre-dawn--a CM who was cleaning the pool thanked me for chasing them...she said they make the pool cleaners' jobs much more difficult)...

They are, I fear, a fact of life at most Disney pools during the hours when there aren't very many people out and about...

But I've never seen them trying to go swimming mid-day or evening time when there are lots of people about...so those hours may be "safe" for you to enjoy the pools...

The pathway is open now. I think it opened yesterday. We have a dedicated two bedroom with two queen beds in the 2nd bdrm. Not really an Epcot view, can see the Swan and Dolphin though, and the pathway. It's been incredibly hot here, and some downpours. Typical for summer, but exhausting. My only complaint, as usual is the smokers. Guy on the first floor by the walkway smoking a cigar at 10am, and a lady chain smoking on her 4th floor balcony with the door to the room open. :scared1:

Ok I have a little time - travel day is a killer now the laundry is calling me plus all the work I have to catch up on! Anyway we were in room 378 it overlooked the parking lot to the right and sort of the canel (mostly the wooded area between the canel and the sidewalk of the parking lot). Not the best view but it was sooo hot last week that we hardly were out there anyway. It was a 2bdr with 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. It was ofcourse very close to the parking and a short walk to quiet pool and not far from the bus stop. We didn't go commando this trip cuz of the heat and had 4 teenage girls who would sleep and take forever to get ready. I think if I went with the 2bdroom again I would go with a lockoff since there are more of them might have a better chance of a different view. The highlight of the trip for me was the Hoop De Doo. I was laughing the entire time, great show.
The rear path was closed the whole week until friday and even then it was a mess with debris from the workers. Everyday the main rear entrance was closed due to the huge lift machines then in the evening they could be used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter