This is off season?!

beckster2001

Earning My Ears
We just got in Friday night so have only spent one day here so far. We are at Pop Century and have went to DTD and all I have to say is "this is off season?!" Wow, I cannot imagine what it is like during the busy season! lol!!

You hit "convention season"!
Now through March is a very busy time for Orlando conventions.
Parks are typically slow during the day but the afternoons and evenings are busy, busy.

Yep! We went this week last year and I said the exact same thing!! I really don't think there is an "OFF" or "SLOW" season much anymore at Disney, just too many people in the world that go at all different times! I'm sure it's slower than holidays, but I don't think it's ever really dead anymore. Enjoy! We'll be there in 9 days! :thumbsup2

There really is no more low crowds season..There is just average,moderate and heavy crowds.Disney has definitely marketed well to bring all the crowds in even during traditionally off times.

There really is no more low crowds season..There is just average,moderate and heavy crowds.Disney has definitely marketed well to bring all the crowds in even during traditionally off times.

I agree. And certain times of the year that used to be value season pricing are now regular or peak season pricing.

Yes, I'm afraid there are no more "slow" periods also. We always went in September, put up with the heat to be able to just walk on rides, and have little to no crowds. Then came free Dining.....every September got busier and busier, so we tried January, not any better, and now we just go a couple weeks after Easter and accepted that there are no low crowd times so we will just go when they are moderate and the weather is nice.

Well, we all love our discounts, bouncebacks, and free dining offers. We shouldn't be surprised when they do exactly what they are supposed to do, bring people in. :)

wdw4rfam said:
Yes, I'm afraid there are no more "slow" periods also. We always went in September, put up with the heat to be able to just walk on rides, and have little to no crowds. Then came free Dining.....every September got busier and busier, so we tried January, not any better, and now we just go a couple weeks after Easter and accepted that there are no low crowd times so we will just go when they are moderate and the weather is nice.

We are in that same category. We have a,ways loved September. The past two years have been more crowded. None of the rides were walk on this past year. It's just one of those things we have learned to accept.

We just got in Friday night so have only spent one day here so far. We are at Pop Century and have went to DTD and all I have to say is "this is off season?!" Wow, I cannot imagine what it is like during the busy season! lol!!

Agree with the PPs. Plus January is one of the main times for the BTGs.

But DTD on a weekend evening is NOT the best gauge of how busy the parks will be. DTD is always packed on weekends, no matter the season.

Mimicking PPs and adding that DTD does not require admission and is a ton busier on the weekends than it is on a weekday.

ETA: Serves me right for skimming lmao.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter