"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

Your family pics have all turned out fabulous so far! I have not done the animation class yet but it looks fun :) Maybe I can drag my DD9 in on our January trip.

Thank you! You really should try the animation class, it's great! My students LOVE to draw Disney characters (I've been teaching them), so if your DD has any interest in arts, I'm sure she'll love it!

Love both of your drawings! I can't wait to take DH in October to try out the class.

Thanks! I hope you and your DH enjoy the class! Don't get there last minute (one starts every half hour), they're getting more and more popular! Though maybe you'll be lucky in October.

No god damn it Mel, what have I told you about bringing Winnie the Pooh into the TRs! Now my subconscious is gonna read that I want yet another freaking dream about Winnie the Pooh! Don't ask just don't ask about that last bit! JUST DON'T! (Sighs)

I take it that Rock N Roll coaster is one of Ron's fave rides if I'm not mistaken that is.

I know it's a bit off topic and I know there's really not a lot to comment on this one part of the TR but whatever. Recently I went to the London Film and TV comic con a few months ago it was my first time that I had ever been to convention and I have to say it was a pretty cool experience. If ya want I'll go more in detail and show pictures of my trip if you'll permit that is.

(Sighs) So bored....so very bored.....

Yep, not gonna ask. :rolleyes2

Yes, RNR is either his favorite coaster, or tied for first with Expedition Everest.

Sorry, not a comic con fan at all.

Cute Eeyore!! The drawing class is something I want to try next trip!! I know I’ll probably suck at it, but hey! Ahaha, yeah, if I was to start chatting with you in line I would not think you were your age! Awww Pooh is so cute!

Yay! Excited to read about dinner!

With all the times you've been to Disney, it's about time you try a drawing class. ;) Don't worry about being bad, it's easier than it looks. They really explain all the steps to get to such a drawing.

I know when I'm 50 I'll be glad to look 30, but sometimes it's annoying to look so young. Heck, in one of our Epcot WS photopass, Robyn and I look like we could be friends, not like I'm her step-mom!!!

Don't get too excited about dinner, it was not one of our best this trip...

Catching up on all the TRs I got behind on while away at WDW! ;) Loved the updates.
You did an awesome job on your drawings! And loved all the photopass pix. There were quite long lines for all the PP photographers this past week. We never felt like waiting in the lines.
I tend to agree with you on the sweetness of the Mickey bars, yet I always feel like I must have at least one on any trip. (this time around, I skipped it in favor of LeFou's Brew) Headed back with DD in 3 weeks, though so I will probably be led to the chocolate.

It's a bit late by now, but welcome back from WDW! Thanks!

We've been pretty lucky with PP photographers. We've rarely encountered a long line, except during the Osborne Lights.

I don't know if you already left or are leaving soon, but have fun in Disney, again! I can't believe you get to go twice in one summer! So lucky!!!

Reading your trip reports has made me add the drawing classes to my priority list. I really had never checked it out before. I am not really good with drawing but I would like to try it. Hopefully I can convince the DBF that it is worth the time (think I will make sure we get the roller coasters out of the way first).

I'm glad I made you want to try the drawing class. I find it's one of those "hidden gems". I love it! Don't worry about not being good, you have to go through lots of steps to get to a drawing like that, and it will all be explained to you. For sure it's not something we do first thing in the morning. It's more for the middle/end of the afternoon, when lines are long everywhere and it's hot so the AC is welcomed.

Love the drawings. It's amazing how you can actually do it pretty decently in those classes. I did one on the ship and I can't draw, but mine did look decent too. Yours look fabulous!

Thanks! Yes, they explain things so well that it makes it easier to draw well. :)

I am really far behind, since I took another long break. Love the drawings of Eeyore and Pooh. We draw every trip. If I get to finish (without having to take one of the kids out) my drawings are terrible anyway. Crap's look like those.

Welcome back! I hope things are going okay for you and the family. :thumbsup2 It's always harder to draw while taking care of young children.

I've been enjoying your trip report. Your family is so cute & I love the first picture.

Thanks! Haha, we had fun doing that "crying" picture. :lmao:

And :welcome:

For some reason when I saw the Great News part I had a feeling you were pregnant! Congratulations!!!!! :banana:

Well, I haven't really made it a secret that we've been trying... :rotfl2: Thanks!

The peanut is getting so big! What a cutie!

Congrats on the new addition!

Jill in CO

I really feel like she has grown a lot more this summer. Thanks! :goodvibes

Congratulations! It's awesome that Peanut and the baby will be so close in age. I'm only 2 years older than my brother and we have always been very close :goodvibes

Thank you! I really wanted to have 2 under 2, partly because I hope they will be close. :thumbsup2

I already congratulated you on Facebook, but let me do it again.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thank you again! :cool1:

Congrats!!!!

Thanks!

Claudia is so cute. Congrats on making her a big sister. That is fantastic news. I am happy for you.

Thank you! I hope she likes being a big sister. :goodvibes

CONGRATULATIONS!! What great news!:cool1:

THANK YOU! We are very happy! :cool1:

Your peanut is so big!! And she'll be joining two other girls I know who will become big sisters in February and a first new addition. Great month, February.

Um, longtime lurker. Going back to lurking now. CONGRATS!!!

:welcome: Thank you!

Do I understand right that you have two girls and are pregnant again? If so, CONGRATULATIONS! I agree, February is a great month. :thumbsup2

Noooo, don't go back to being a lurker! I love having new readers, even more so if they are due around the same time as me. ;)

Been following your trip report but not sure if I've ever commented! Congratulations on the great news! :cheer2:

I think this is your first comment, so :welcome: I hope it won't be your last comment. :) Thanks!

I KNEW IT!!!!! For some reason, I thought about you the other day and was wondering.. YAY YAY YAY!! I hope soon for me too! Congratulations girl!!!

Haha, so funny! I *almost* messaged you to tell you because it's been SO HARD keeping it a secret from all of you! Thanks, and I hope soon for you too!!! :goodvibes

Oh I'm soooooo excited for you! What fantastic news!

Thanks Lisa!

Oh wow congratulations!!

So pleased for you, hope everything is going well :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

Thank you Emma! And thanks for the Facebook add. Things are going well. I don't have too many symptoms, except fatigue. It helps that I'm off during the summer. :)

CONGRATS!!! :woohoo:

Thank you!!! :cool1:

I've had a hunch about this great news for a couple of weeks! Glad I was right, lol :thumbsup2!

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you!!:cool1:

Thanks! So... what made you have a hunch? I almost gave myself away during that breastfeeding discussion, by mentioning that the nurse told me she can start me on supplement a few weeks before I'm due. I had to reword that. :rotfl:

I think you did it: Claudia's a Disney fan now hehe

Thanks. I agree, though I'm not sure exactly what prompted you to say that? :upsidedow

Congrats again on the baby!

February is the best month... wink wink

Thank you! Are you early or late February?

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Congratulations. That's lovely news.

Lx

Thank you!!! :cheer2:

Congratulations Mel and Ron! Lovely news!

Thanks!! :goodvibes

Congratulations Mel! I am so happy for you and your family. :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Thanks! I'm so happy for me too! :dance3:

That Eeyore drawing from Animation Academy is really good. We love AA! Did it four times in Disneyland this Summer. However, none of the animators was very generous with the trivia.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! That was such a cute idea with the onesie. I am sure Claudia will be a terrific big sister!

Q

Thanks. I love drawing Disney characters to much! Though I have to say, after teaching my students over 10 of these this year, I might have a to take a small break before going back to it again, so it doesn't lose its magic. Too bad the animators you got did not give out trivia. Only one of the animators I've had does that, but I've been lucky to get him more than once over two trips.

Thanks! It was quite the lucky find, that onesie. I wanted to announce in a cute way. :goodvibes I hope Claudia takes to her big sister role well, without too much jealousy.

I really hope you get to experience a full healthy pregnancy again. :hug:

:welcome: Thank you!

Do I understand right that you have two girls and are pregnant again? If so, CONGRATULATIONS! I agree, February is a great month. :thumbsup2

Noooo, don't go back to being a lurker! I love having new readers, even more so if they are due around the same time as me. ;)

:rotfl2: NO NO NO NO!!! Oh, I didn't even THINK it could be read that way. Me with kids. :lmao: Not yet. No, my Disney BFF, my cousin and our other cousin are all having kids in February/early March. Oh geez I'm embarrassed :faint: The first two are the ones who already have little girls.

But yes, February IS a great month! Both of my parents are Feb kids so we took them to Disney this past year to celebrate (TR coming....someday). I'll try not to be as much of a lurker anymore. :)

Phew! I finally got through all those replies! It was really hard not telling you guys earlier, but this time I wanted to be out of the first trimester before announcing. I've been feeling okay. Just a little mild nausea here and there, but a lot of fatigue. It doesn't help that my little Peanut thinks 5:30am is a reasonable time to get up in the morning... I take pills to help with the nausea, especially for mornings, but they make me so drowsy!!! :coffee: Thank goodness for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes... :rotfl2:

I'm finally starting to not feel so tired all the time. I don't even always take a nap in the morning anymore. At my worse I even took 3 naps a day! School is starting soon though, so I'm sure I'll go back to feeling drained. I'll try my best to keep up with the trip report. It's going to be a bit harder though, as I only got through typing part of the next day on Words. Only about 2 and a half days left to report on! I don't want this trip to again all over again. :sad2:

Day 8 part 6 - The One With The Return Of The Teenage Attitude

Once we got back to the Beach Club, I checked us in at Cape May Cafe.

970_zps9a9398d0.jpg

While I was doing that, Ron brought some of our stuff back to the room. Turns out, he had brought everything back to the room, including the diaper bag... All he had left us was her bottle and her feeding stuff (bib, spoon, puree). Remember that for later.

We got our pager and waited in the little hallway that leads to the pool.

971_zps97842b54.jpg

We could see the buffet from where we were sitting in that hallway.

972_zps44ef2788.jpg

Blurry picture of a lamp.

973_zpsbbfd8846.jpg

Ron came back and soon after we were led to our table, which was not too far from the buffet. We had a view of this nice sandcastle, and behind it you can see the buffet.

974_zps5155819c.jpg

We had a pretty late ADR, so this section behind me was almost empty.

979_zpsf8ff26cb.jpg

One of my favorite pictures of Claudia and I.

975_zps37dde5e5.jpg

We got a high chair for Peanut. She stayed in it much longer than at Coral Reef and Kona.

978_zps52169061.jpg

977_zps1577ccbf.jpg

I started feeding her while Ron went to get food. Otaku was... coloring on the placemat. This upset me a little, as if she wasnt hungry, then she could feed Claudia while I got my food. I raised the issue, so she grumpily went to get herself a plate.

At some point during the meal Claudia did #2 and the diapers were, you guessed it, in the room. Ron was going to go, but since Otaku was once again more busy coloring than eating I insisted she go. She went, but was upset and barely talked to us for the rest of the meal. Oh well.

I changed Claudia (the bathroom was so nice! They even had warm towels for the hands.), then finally got my first plate of food.

Im guessing these next two are both Rons plates, while the one full of carbs is mine. I didnt dare ask to take a picture of Otakus food.

976_zps953cb949.jpg

980_zpsfd738fc0.jpg

981_zps949734f3.jpg

Were not blood related, but Ron caught us both playing with our hair at the same time.

982_zpse1d11075.jpg

Doesnt she look happy?

983_zps9fe44754.jpg

Thankfully this little one was completely oblivious to the tension at the table.

984_zpsaf604c36.jpg

This meal was mostly for Ron. He enjoyed many of the seafood offerings, though he did say a few items were too salty. He also commented that the crab legs, though tasty, were a lot of work. I was only there for the dessert and was very disappointed when I saw that the Oreo Bonbons were not there. I had heard so much about these! I asked the waitress and she said they had been taken off the menu. She told me I could find them at the Marketplace, but I never did see them.

Otaku enjoyed this dessert.

985_zps59732f0b.jpg

987_zps4bfdf3ad.jpg

I got this, which was okay, but I could have done without the raspberry jelly on top.

988_zps60bc5ea1.jpg

We got back to the room a little after 8pm.

989_zps3b2701df.jpg

990_zpsc55716a1.jpg

Ron helped me prepare Peanut for bed, then he and Otaku left to go enjoy the evening EMH at Epcot. I washed the bottles, tidied up a few things, wrote in my trip journal, and then went to sleep.

Otaku took Ron to Japan to watch Illuminations from our new favorite spot.

1476_zpscbf59d98.jpg

1477_zps0a10b22b.jpg

1479_zps237a3cf0.jpg

They had shopped in Mitsukoshi before, and Otaku had bought herself another anime shirt (Black Butler).

1480_zps9d29eaf3.jpg

After the fireworks they went on Test Track. They used the single-rider line and were placed in the same car, just not the same row.

Photo0304FourBySix_zps7ff37c83.jpg

They then went on Mission Space Orange, a first for Otaku (she loved the green version back in 2009). Their last ride of the night was Spaceship Earth. They also played the game Power City in the post show area. After that they came back to the resort and went to sleep.

DISNEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS DAY 7
Rode Tower of Terror with Ron
Drew two new characters in the drawing class
Otaku and Ron had their first father-daughter evening
Met lots of characters
Got to eat my heavenly red velvet cupcake

:rotfl2: NO NO NO NO!!! Oh, I didn't even THINK it could be read that way. Me with kids. :lmao: Not yet. No, my Disney BFF, my cousin and our other cousin are all having kids in February/early March. Oh geez I'm embarrassed :faint: The first two are the ones who already have little girls.

But yes, February IS a great month! Both of my parents are Feb kids so we took them to Disney this past year to celebrate (TR coming....someday). I'll try not to be as much of a lurker anymore. :)

OMG, I'm so sorry! :blush: It's always touchy asking someone if they are pregnant, but over the internet...Oops! :rotfl2: I thought there was a baby boom for October/early November, but seems like there is just as big a baby boom for February/March! Congratulations to all those other women in your life. My aunt was born in June (like Claudia) and my uncle was born in February, so they are quite happy that my kids are in their birth months. :)

Glad to hear you won't be a lurker anymore. :thumbsup2

That is a great picture of you and Claudia!

I have heard not-so-great things about Cape May Cafe's dinner buffet a few times.

Sounds like Ron and Otaku had a good night together at Epcot. I like their Illuminations spot, I never thought about watching it from there!

OMG, I'm so sorry! :blush: It's always touchy asking someone if they are pregnant, but over the internet...Oops! :rotfl2: I thought there was a baby boom for October/early November, but seems like there is just as big a baby boom for February/March! Congratulations to all those other women in your life. My aunt was born in June (like Claudia) and my uncle was born in February, so they are quite happy that my kids are in their birth months. :)

Glad to hear you won't be a lurker anymore. :thumbsup2

Don't worry about it! I'm not offended in the least (especially since this is the internet and you can't see me.) Most of my family - including aunts/uncles - were born in August but I'm one of the very few Junes! No wonder I think Peanut is adorable. Dad is already taking bets on which kid will share his birthday. :rolleyes:

DSis is going to flip out if that Grell shirt is still in Japan next month. We both love anime and she's very into Black Butler right now. (Don't ask me to explain it; I know nothing about the show.) Where is the shop in the pavilion? I've never explored thoroughly enough to find it. Also, the resort you stayed at is beautiful!

Captain's log: Stardate, don't freaking know, trying to fight off boredom but nothing is coming to mind might as well read the next bit of the trip report oh no wait I already have. My boredom is really pissing me off, that is all, Joe out.

In all seriousness, really sucks that Otaku was acting all moody again but then again that's us teens for you. One of these days I'm just gonna make myself a drinking game for everytime my family annoys me. I'll guarantee you that I'll be wasted at the end of the week. But then again I'm never gonna get a craving for a full pint of beer.

So how's things on your end then? Good? I've just come back from Scotland and I'm already feeling like wanting to go back there.

Hi! So I am a newbie here and I stayed up way late reading all about your vacation lol (it was AoA that drew me in, I am staying there in April).

I was just in WDW in July (first time in 15 yrs) with 21 other people :scared1: so needless to say I feel like I didn't get to really enjoy just being there and reading your posts made me feel like I was able to do that, so thank you! lol We are going back in April and I am determined to slow down and take it all in.

To answer your question about the baby hunch I had: I can't explain it, really. I always seem to "know" people are expecting before they tell! It really is a true hunch! I guess it helps that I knew you were trying AND you had been doing research into the breastfeeding supplements, though I didn't know if you found out that information while you were still getting help from people when Claudia was born, or if that was new information for you :thumbsup2. I just got a feeling but would never dare ask!
I know what you mean about that tired feeling. When I was pregnant with Brynn, I was just flat out exhausted all the time. I would go to work, come home and eat dinner quickly and put Julia to bed, then pass out at like 7:30. In fact, lots of times I would fall asleep while settling Julia (she liked to fall asleep in our bed, then we'd move her to her bed). It wasn't that bad with Julia or Sawyer, but for some reason that second pregnancy just threw me for a loop!
A little tip I got from my midwife when I was pregnant with Sawyer: for nausea, take half a Unisom and a B6 tablet before bed. They used to make a drug for pregnant women made of these ingredients but no longer do since both things are available over the counter now, but for some reason the two of those mixed treats the nausea really well and it is safe for pregnancy. It worked wonders for my morning nausea. I had a prescription for Phenergen that I never had to fill because this worked so well. Now, for the rest of the day, no help, lol! I didn't want to be too sleepy.

Cape May! We have a reservation here in September, but I am so sad to hear the Oreo Bon Bons are missing!!!!!!!:sad2:
I have said it before and I will say it again...I am scared of the teenage years:scared1:! So sorry Otaku was being grumpy. I'm glad that she and Ron got to go enjoy Epcot a little more. Hopefully that put her in a better mood. Being right there in walking distance had to be awesome!

Congrats!!!! That is awesome news.

I am sorry your dinner wasn't the greatest, but hopefully one day both of you will look back and laugh about it. My Step mom and I can do it now! There is just something about teenage girls and surliness.

Claudia looked like she was having a ball which is great!

First- Congrats to you both! I love having kids close in age. It wears us parents out-but it is so much fun for the kids!

Second- the dinner looks awesome. Too bad there were "teenager issues". But- I know I acted similarly when I went to Disney with my parents at that age :confused3

Just checking in... and saw your real life update. Congrats on the new Disney nut... in progress! Can't wait to see more Disney baby pictures!:thumbsup2

I love the sandcastle. Even though we've dined there, I do not remember it. We'll have to dine there again someday. You getting irritated with Otaku for not eating during the buffet reminds me of me and my Dad. To this day, he gets irritated that I wait for my drink before I get food. I like to oil up first. Then, he gets irritated if he catches me not eating. Blood relation or not (the hair playing picture was cute), your interaction reminds me of me and my Dad.

Congrats!! I love my girls being so close in age (22 months apart) we are done and a big part of that (besides the bonding) was i didn't want to change diapers forever!! Hehe.... (And that phase of my life will hopefully be ending soon if I could get my youngest to take interest in the potty...)

Aww what a bummer that Otaku was grumpy... : / ehh what do you do though right? Take the good with the bad and you will be well practiced when your littlest munchkins are teens!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter