"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

Haha our double stroller isn't the most fun to push.... So I often end up pushing it to be nice :) Since I spend a lot of time doing that and being "mom" I don't often get many pictures :) Unless we are stopped and sitting somewhere. :) evil plan is good double stroller means DH will push it more or longer because it will not be an annoyance ;)

Sorcerer Mickey is near the top of our list for this trip! My two year old loves him! Where was that PP spot with the Hollywood Studios sign? Also your "nachos" uhhhh I think they got the name mixed up with a bag a chips and cheese!

Ah, now that makes sense! ;) I hope your plan works!

Mickey gets a lot of love around here. I love his sorcerer outfit! The PP spot with the Hollywood sign is somewhat close to the hat. On your left and a little towards your back if you are facing the hat standing near it. Sometimes they have characters meeting there.

Yeah, my definition of nachos includes real cheese, salsa and sour cream...

What a disappointing snack. It looked awful! To be honest, I don't love Mickey bars either. I do like the ice cream sandwiches though.

Sweet, sweet pictures of you girls and Mickey. Love that they were holding hands.

Very disappointing. It doesn't help that up here we rarely use that kind of cheese, so I was not expecting it and I'm not a fan of it. I'll have to try the ice cream sandwich next time. Is the cookie soft or hard? I might not like it either if it's hard, since I don't like anything hard with my ice cream (I'm weird, I know).

I didn't even notice that they were holding hands until I saw the pictures, then I was like "awwwwww!"

Just for the record I'm not gonna cover the past update because it's nothing but Tower of Terror and there's nothing really interesting the Green Army Man so next update!

Mmm Ice Cream sandwiches! (I then drool like Homer Simpson) Hehehe just kidding, just kidding. The Mickey Mouse chocolate ice cream shouldn't be that bad though I haven't tried it before I just think your being a bit of a wuss about this Ice Cream. Wussy!

It's funny you bring up pictures of Sulley because I have just recently seen Monsters University and oh by the way it was a pretty good movie which is quite a coincidence really. I'm sorry you we do not have a Monsters Inc banner we are currently out of stock please come back when you are not being a wuss about a Mickey Mouse Ice Cream bar! Monsters Inc EXE was not found!

(Gasp) You had Tostitos Mel?! Holy crap you had some Tostito's though this one is not the one I had when I was at my villa but honestly the cheese sauce is the best part! I guess ones bought at a mall are much better than at a theme park I'm guessing. But then again the ones I had were plain ones so I'm guess I'm alright there.

Seriously what is up with people making Christmas shops when the majority year it's PRETTY USELESS?! I mean come on they are good for November and December when it's the christmas holidays but other that pointless!

And if I'm not mistaken the Chinese theater in Disney Hollywood Studios is where the Great Movie Ride is which I admit is quite a good entrance though the ride not so much unforunately.

Another visit to see Mickey, yay I guess. ........I've got nothing......(Singing) I GET NO SATISFACTION, YEAAAAAH!

Tower of Terror rocks!

The Mickey ice cream bar was not bad, just to sweet for the heat of the moment, and I just prefer nothing hard with my ice cream. I also find it akward, the way the chocolate breaks and then falls on the ground.

I really have to go watch Monsters U. Maybe this Thursday, if we can get a babysitter.

I love Tostitos usually, but those ones didn't taste so great. Plus, I need salsa at the very least to go with it, and sour cream if possible. As for the cheese sauce. I'm not a fan. To be fair though, it's just not something I'm used to have. Here in Quebec we have real cheese with our nachos. Even our cheese fries (called poutine, gravy+cheese+fries) is made with cheese curds. When we get grated cheddar cheese instead of the cheese curds we usually think it's a cheap version. So to have cheese sauce, it's even cheaper. But even if you do like cheese sauce, I'm pretty sure that one qualified as bad. The one available at the fixins bar in Pecos Bill looks much better for example.

I don't get the Christmas stores either. Well, I do get one Christmas store in Disney because I love to buy ornaments when I'm there, no matter the time of year. However, I can count at least 4 Christmas stores in WDW and that is a bit much.

The Chinese Theatre is beautiful, but like you I don't like the ride much at all.

I totally love the picture of you guys holding on for dear life on ToT. That is hilarious!!!!!

WHAT???????? You didn't like the Mickey bar? No Way...... Ok, we'll forgive you.

I'm happy our "terrified" picture turned out so great!

I'm sorry! I just don't like hard chocolate on my ice cream. I never like the whole dunking your soft serve ice cream cone in chocolate either. Give me a hot fudge sundae any day instead!

Day 8 part 5 - The One With The Drawings

Otaku and Ron met up with me in the Magic of Animation building. They took Peanut, then left to go watch Muppet Vision 3D. It was now time for the moment I had been waiting for: a drawing class! The 4:30pm class was almost full, but since I was alone I was able to get a seat at the front. That means no lit-up table for me. I had to use a pad on my knees. Its okay, I was in a drawing class and I didnt have to wait 30 minutes for it, so I was happy. I remembered the instructor from my Disneymoon. He always gives out lots of Disney trivia at the same time, which makes it even more fun. We drew Eeyore.

961_zps9b36807c.jpg

After I was done I looked for Ron, but could not find him. I texted him to say I would do a second class, but didnt get a response. He had been having trouble with his cell phone the whole trip, and I think he ended up receiving my text hours (if not days) later. Useful. :rolleyes2

While waiting in line for the second class this late-teenage-years girl started talking to me. Her parents had struck a conversation with a couple from another country (I think Australia?). She was telling me how her parents make friends with everyone they meet and its embarrassing, yet she was doing the same thing with me. :rotfl: Im pretty sure she thought I was her age because when I started talking about my baby/husband/teaching she asked my age and could not believe I was already over thirty. Then she had her parents guess my age, which they of course got wrong. I kinda like shocking people with my real age, its funny.

We made it into the 5 oclock class, yay! This time I found a lone seat at a desk at the end of a row. We had a new instructor who taught us how to draw Winnie the Pooh. I have now taught my students how to draw Pooh (as well as several other characters) and I can tell you its probably the easiest one to draw.

962_zps8b71ae1b.jpg

I found Ron and the girls sitting on the floor close to the waiting area for the class. Turns out they had arrived 5 minutes after the second class had started. As I said he never got my text, so he had waited there the whole time. He was not too upset though (I think), so that was good. Earlier that day I had texted Hope and asked her to change our 5:50pm ADR to a later time. She did and Im glad, otherwise I would not have been able to do the drawing class.

We checked RNR so that Ron could go on via the single-rider line, but alas it was closed. We left the park, taking pictures on Sunset Boulevard and checking out a few stores along the way.

963_zps45409ece.jpg

964_zps3528abaa.jpg

965_zps5efa6940.jpg

A disappointed Ron, since he couldnt ride his beloved RNR that day.

966_zps4ace79cc.jpg

967_zps2ef2b7a3.jpg

Otaku, pretending to be a star, or fancy car driver, not sure.

968_zpsa4f4fca8.jpg

969_zps59e6e02f.jpg

1465_zpsf057afe7.jpg

1466_zpsdee8fb0e.jpg

One last photopass picture in front of the hat, just because.

Photo0302FourBySix_zps22fc9169.jpg

Photo0301FourBySix_zps4a129fb2.jpg

We took the Friendship boat back to Beach Club. We watched the ducks while waiting for the boat. There were a lot of them hanging around the deck.

1467_zpsd062eee6.jpg

Since it was Sunday and the last night of Osborne Lights (we never did make it back to see them again.Bummer), I thought the Christmas tree would be gone by the next day (remember that).

1470_zpsd7fb57fd.jpg

For a while I really thought this little fella was going to hitch a ride on the boat, but he left after the captain fed him.

1471_zps95e7da63.jpg

Soon enough we were back at our resort. We were having dinner here that night!

Love your drawings of Eeyore and Winnie the Pooh! I did Pooh the last time I was there too.

Sorry Ron couldn't ride RnRC that day. That would make me sad too, I love that one!

I still haven't done an animation class! I think I've been waiting until a kid is old enough to draw with me. Surely that time has come!! (I don't want to take Brandon. He's an artistic person. I want to take a kid so I have a chance of mine not looking the worst:lmao: .)

Oh, and I think I'm back, btw:thumbsup2.

What a fun update, Mel. I never thought to do two classes in the same day...I may just have to try that. You did a great job on Eeyore and Pooh Bear.

Sorry Ron didn't get to do RNR (I, personally, would not have been uspet :lmao::lmao:).

I love the photopass pictures as you exited the park...Peanut is nice and alert.

Mel, you did an excellent job on Eeyore and Pooh! You've got some talent there lady. Not me, my characters always come out lopsided and crazy looking. :p

Poor Ron, I know that he had to be disappointed that he didn't get to ride RNRC. That's a bummer!

Your family pics have all turned out fabulous so far! I have not done the animation class yet but it looks fun :) Maybe I can drag my DD9 in on our January trip.

No god damn it Mel, what have I told you about bringing Winnie the Pooh into the TRs! Now my subconscious is gonna read that I want yet another freaking dream about Winnie the Pooh! Don't ask just don't ask about that last bit! JUST DON'T! (Sighs)

I take it that Rock N Roll coaster is one of Ron's fave rides if I'm not mistaken that is.

I know it's a bit off topic and I know there's really not a lot to comment on this one part of the TR but whatever. Recently I went to the London Film and TV comic con a few months ago it was my first time that I had ever been to convention and I have to say it was a pretty cool experience. If ya want I'll go more in detail and show pictures of my trip if you'll permit that is.

(Sighs) So bored....so very bored.....

Cute Eeyore!! The drawing class is something I want to try next trip!! I know I’ll probably suck at it, but hey! Ahaha, yeah, if I was to start chatting with you in line I would not think you were your age! Awww Pooh is so cute!

Yay! Excited to read about dinner!

Catching up on all the TRs I got behind on while away at WDW! ;) Loved the updates.
You did an awesome job on your drawings! And loved all the photopass pix. There were quite long lines for all the PP photographers this past week. We never felt like waiting in the lines.
I tend to agree with you on the sweetness of the Mickey bars, yet I always feel like I must have at least one on any trip. (this time around, I skipped it in favor of LeFou's Brew) Headed back with DD in 3 weeks, though so I will probably be led to the chocolate.

Otaku and Ron met up with me in the Magic of Animation building. They took Peanut, then left to go watch Muppet Vision 3D. It was now time for the moment I had been waiting for: a drawing class! The 4:30pm class was almost full, but since I was alone I was able to get a seat at the front. That means no lit-up table for me. I had to use a pad on my knees. Its okay, I was in a drawing class and I didnt have to wait 30 minutes for it, so I was happy. I remembered the instructor from my Disneymoon. He always gives out lots of Disney trivia at the same time, which makes it even more fun. We drew Eeyore.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Reading your trip reports has made me add the drawing classes to my priority list. I really had never checked it out before. I am not really good with drawing but I would like to try it. Hopefully I can convince the DBF that it is worth the time (think I will make sure we get the roller coasters out of the way first).

Love the drawings. It's amazing how you can actually do it pretty decently in those classes. I did one on the ship and I can't draw, but mine did look decent too. Yours look fabulous!

I am really far behind, since I took another long break. Love the drawings of Eeyore and Pooh. We draw every trip. If I get to finish (without having to take one of the kids out) my drawings are terrible anyway. Crap's look like those.

I've been enjoying your trip report. Your family is so cute & I love the first picture.

Real Life Update​
Just a quick post and run. Will be back to post replies, just not sure when. This end of summer is quite busy! Claudia even started her transition to daycare earlier than I expected. She only went 1 hour so far, but she did okay. Anyway, it's not the reason for my post. I just wanted to show you these pictures I took today.

002_zpsa4600b03.jpg
013_zpsd4135807.jpg

Big sister status will be effective February 2014 :cloud9:

For some reason when I saw the Great News part I had a feeling you were pregnant! Congratulations!!!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter