"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

What a fun party! Claudia did look proud of herself after eating the cake!

I love that Minnie shopping cart. All of the kids I buy for are out of town or I would have to get that for one of them. Shipping that would be a nightmare!

I agree on the kids clothes at Walmart! When my DD who is now 9 was little I bought the majority of her clothing there. It was cute and affordable!

Loved the birthday photos. Time sure has flown by. I remember when you 2 got married and looking at all those beautiful photos as well. Then reading all the posts throughout the pregnancy, and now this whole year has gone already. Enjoy. These moments pass so quickly.

What a neat idea to make the banners from pictures of Claudia and family! I've never seen that before.

Claudia looks so pretty and happy on her birthday. She deserves to be spoiled by all the attention and gifts.

It's a Holiday here today, so I have some extra free time to do replies, maybe even post an update. We'll see!

Ya want me to quote the series don't ya seeing as I'm a fan of it? (Sighs) Alright I'll do it. (Deadpan) Born of Laughter, clothed in cheer, happiness has brought....video games and movies for me some crap about nature and sparkly stuff, blah blah blah blah, yours truly Starscream275. Anyways joking aside, sounds like it was a great party for Claudia and seeing as a new update from you time to make of fun of it!

Claudia: Me want cake! Me want cake! Me wanna eat cake!
Cake: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!
Claudia: NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM! OM NOM NOM!
Ron: (Playing with the Tinkerbell doll while singing) I feel pretty! Oh so pretty! I feel pretty and witty and ROOONNNNN!
*Ting*
Me: And that's when Ron got in touch with his girly side and found out he loved Sex in the City. God help us all...

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Probably one of the funniest reply you've done!

What a fun party! Claudia did look proud of herself after eating the cake!

I love that Minnie shopping cart. All of the kids I buy for are out of town or I would have to get that for one of them. Shipping that would be a nightmare!

She's still too unbalanced to use the shopping cart, but once she starts walking I'm sure she'll have lots of fun with it. :)

I agree on the kids clothes at Walmart! When my DD who is now 9 was little I bought the majority of her clothing there. It was cute and affordable!

Exactly! Cute & affordable, not to mention, so many Disney clothes!

Loved the birthday photos. Time sure has flown by. I remember when you 2 got married and looking at all those beautiful photos as well. Then reading all the posts throughout the pregnancy, and now this whole year has gone already. Enjoy. These moments pass so quickly.

Time sure does fly, especially when you put it that way. From the wedding to the Disneymoon to the pregnancy, and now I have a toddler! I love it all though! :goodvibes

What a neat idea to make the banners from pictures of Claudia and family! I've never seen that before.

Claudia looks so pretty and happy on her birthday. She deserves to be spoiled by all the attention and gifts.

My friend actually gave me the idea. She did just the "growth chart" banner, but I thought I'd do random photos as well. Especially for those family members who don't have Facebook.

Thanks. She's usually in a great mood, and I do think she's the prettiest little girl. Obviously I'm biased though. :lovestruc

Day 7 part 11 – The One Where I Have A Confession To Make

When I last left you it was getting close to 7pm and Ron and Otaku were both ready to leave, but I wasn’t. For some reason Ron didn’t want me to spend the evening alone, so we compromised by just finding a place to wait for the fireworks (which were at 8pm). We went up to the train station and found a place behind some people sitting down. This was our view. As sad I as I was at the prospect of not seeing the castle dream lights anymore, I sure as heck was not sad to the see the view-blocking-tree go.

911_zps9f04d98a.jpg

We were running out of clean bottles, so I went to the baby care center to wash one and put water in it. I also stopped by Casey’s to get myself a regular hotdog and Ron/Otaku a chili hotdog. By then the Main Street Electrical Parade had started, and Ron was nice enough to take pictures of it.

912_zps64e78ef2.jpg

913_zps81b0fbd3.jpg

1382_zps31b2272b.jpg

1385_zpse44c409b.jpg

MSEP was going on as I was making my way back to my family. For those of you who have read my PTRs, you know I make it well know that I do NOT like MSEP, especially the music. Well, I have a confession to make. The music sorta grew on me. I had no choice but to listen to it and I thought “If I can’t beat 'em, might as well join 'em!” And so, as I was walking down Main Street, I danced to the music. A CM a few steps ahead of me was dancing too, and that made me chuckle.

1386_zps5db4be76.jpg

1396_zpse1705b2d.jpg

1409_zps889954b7.jpg

1411_zpse1d6bd15.jpg

When I joined them, Otaku and I ate our hotdogs at a table a little ways back from where Ron was. We found some chairs since several people left after the parade. I have no pictures because I thought Otaku told me my camera battery had died and forgot about Ron’s camera. Turns out, she just meant my memory card was full. I spent quite some time later that evening deleting pictures, as well as reducing the image quality so we would have room for more. Anyway, turns out even more people had left, including the ones in front of Ron, so he was able to get front row seats right by the railing. When I finished eating I switched places with him and let him eat while I saved our seats.

I then went to get us popcorn. Peanut thought the box was quite yummy.

1418_zps2244cba9.jpg

Wishes started.

1416_zps7228c63e.jpg

By then, Claudia was not afraid of the fireworks anymore.

1415_zps332271dd.jpg

1422_zps1fcae85a.jpg

1423_zps930aada2.jpg

Definitely not my best Wishes pictures.

1429_zps4430f53b.jpg

It was good, but I really wish the Christmas tree had been gone by then. It took away from the experience. We got our stuff from the locker, then left the park. We had almost zero wait for the bus and were back at the room before 9pm. We found an elephant waiting for us, our only towel animal of the week.

1430_zps351bd6e1.jpg

It was early and I was still hungry, so I decided to finally try Beaches & Cream. Otaku accompanied me, and we went to the to-go counter. She wanted an ice cream sandwich, but they were out of cookies, so she got a regular chocolate sundae instead.

1434_zpsdc41610f.jpg

I got a chocolate milkshake. It was pretty good, despite looking quite ordinary in the Disney cup.

1432_zps75c3a2c1.jpg

We ate our treats, I deleted pictures, then we went to bed.

DISNEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS DAY 7
Rode LOTS of rides
Peanut met her favorite, Mickey Mouse
Met many characters, including 2 new ones, Rapunzel and Jessie
Tried Beaches & Cream
Had some of our favorite snacks, popcorn and Dole Whip
Danced down Main Street during MSEP

Up Next, we finally take the Friiiiiiiiiendship Boat.

Another update another part of the day so let's go:

Bob the Christmas Tree: MWAHAHAHAHAHA! I HAVE RETURNED WITH A VENGEANCE TO BLOCK YOUR VIEW!

Mel and Ron: We still don't care.

Bob the Christmas Tree: CURSES! AND TO THINK I SPEND ALL THAT TIME GETTING THE MONEY FROM THE LOTTERY JUST TO ANNOY THE HELL OUTTA OF YOU!

'Nuff said.

Looks like Sonic the Hedgehog can pet Ron and Otaku on the back for eating Chilli Dogs he'll be proud of them.

Damn it Mel, I can't unsee pictures of the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes without thinking about me meeting Tinkerbell and Rosetta! You. Complete.Utter.Ninny.

I think it's a given that Claudia is not afraid of fireworks anymore so yeah that's not really surprising anyway.

I know it's just me but what the hell are Peaches and Cream? I keep on hearing Peaches and Cream everywhere around the net and films like it was a bloody holy grail of desserts or something.

I liked seeing MSEP once, but it's definitely not one I need to see again. Though, I'm like that with all parades. I might wind up seeing it again in September (if I go) though since it will be Steve's first trip. Depends on if he wants to see it or not.

I think the pictures of Wishes look nice. The tree may be a pain, but it does add a new element to the pictures. I'm sure some day when you look back on them it will be something that helps you remember the trip and not be like the rest of the pictures you have taken. Just trying to find some positive spin on it! :goodvibes

The picture of Claudia watching the fireworks and the one of her chewing on the popcorn box are both adorable!

I'm all cuaght up.

What a scare that was with Claudia; I'm glad they were able to determine what it was so quickly.

Love ALL of the photopass pics with the characters.

Looks like a very successful birthday party.

Awww, that's so sweet! She is one lucky lady, to get proposed to in WDW! And on Christmas Day! Was that in 2009 or 2008? Ron proposed to me on Christmas Day 2009.

That was in 2009! That's pretty cool, we got engaged on the same day. :)

Hee Hee you have now come to the dark side by liking MSEP! :rotfl: Well maybe not the dark side but I'm glad it grew on you. I only got to see Spectro once so no chance to let it grow on me. I do like the Spectro music but the clown-like guys on the big balls freaked me out. I do NOT like clowns. :scared1:

The picture of Claudia watching the fireworks is adorable. She looks so thrilled. And I actually kind of like the pictures with the tree and the fireworks because they are different from the normal Wishes photos you see.

Yum for the Beaches and Cream! That's one I haven't made it to yet but is definitely on my list to try someday.

I cannot wait to meet Rapunzel.
I have waist length hair and hope to have fun with silly photographic comparison.

I am really loving your trip report!

Omg the pictures with Aurora and Mickey are priceless!

Especially the one where everyone's looking at the camera but peanut is still looking at the Mic.

Day 5 part 8 - The One With JAPAN!!!

The moment Otaku had been waiting for had finally arrived. We were in Japan.

She was beyond excited. I was mean and made her wait so I could take her picture. I had to tell her to stop jumping up and down so the picture wouldnt be so blurry.

I stopped torturing her and let her go in Mitsukoshi (its the name of the store). She was in heaven.

She knew so much about every anime represented. I tried hard to be interested in all she had to say, but mostly I was lost. She somehow managed to only buy one t-shirt of this anime called Black Butler. Sorry I dont have a picture, though I know she wore it later in the trip (pretty sure it was the next day, so look for it then). I saw this puzzle I really liked, but I havent had much time (or space) to do puzzles lately so I didnt buy it.

We moved on to the other half of the store. Its a more traditional Japanese section. She wanted to try a kimono, but she was too shy. In fact, she wanted to ask if it was a kimono or a (insert Japanese name here), but again was too shy. She also wanted to practice her Japanese with the CM who was the cashier when she bought her shirt, but, you guessed it, she was too shy. I had to limit her shopping to only 45 minutes, otherwise she would have been there all night.

Click here for Day 6

This sounds very much like the last time I took my little sister (who was 18 at the time) She was self-teaching herself Japanese, really into anime, etc.
She too wanted to speak Japanese to the CM's but was to shy but really enjoyed hearing it.
I was unwise enough not to set a shopping time limit and was stuck there for 3 hours. Even watching pick a pearl opening and sake tastings got boring after a bit but I really wanted her to have fun so I was patient. I enjoyed the pavilion myself (one of my favorites) but 3 hours of shopping in one place is a bit much. she bought TONS of stuff! If it had not been for the Taiko drummers outside and Illuminations, we too would have been there all night I think.
Last year (she is now in college) she got to do a study abroad program in Kobe Japan. In fact her major is Japanese language. Maybe next time I take her she will converse with the CM's in their language.
My upcoming trip with the BF to the Food & Wine Fest may end up with me spending alot of time in the Japan pavilion again as the DBF also speaks a little Japanese, loves anime, and sake, etc.
THIS TIME maybe I will set limits for both of us (to be fair) of 1 hour max per Country.
:dance3:

Still digging the trip report. Looking forward to more posts!

Another update another part of the day so let's go:

Bob the Christmas Tree: MWAHAHAHAHAHA! I HAVE RETURNED WITH A VENGEANCE TO BLOCK YOUR VIEW!

Mel and Ron: We still don't care.

Bob the Christmas Tree: CURSES! AND TO THINK I SPEND ALL THAT TIME GETTING THE MONEY FROM THE LOTTERY JUST TO ANNOY THE HELL OUTTA OF YOU!

'Nuff said.

Looks like Sonic the Hedgehog can pet Ron and Otaku on the back for eating Chilli Dogs he'll be proud of them.

Damn it Mel, I can't unsee pictures of the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes without thinking about me meeting Tinkerbell and Rosetta! You. Complete.Utter.Ninny.

I think it's a given that Claudia is not afraid of fireworks anymore so yeah that's not really surprising anyway.

I know it's just me but what the hell are Peaches and Cream? I keep on hearing Peaches and Cream everywhere around the net and films like it was a bloody holy grail of desserts or something.

We're going to try and bring Claudia to see more fireworks this summer. Hopefully she is still not afraid of them.

LOL, Not PEACHES & Cream. BEACHES & Cream. With a B. As is, sand and ocean. Because, you know, it's at the Beach Club. :rotfl2: And yes, it's suppose to be where you can find the best ice cream. What I had was just okay, but I did not have what they're famous for. I'm going to have to go back and try it a different time.

I liked seeing MSEP once, but it's definitely not one I need to see again. Though, I'm like that with all parades. I might wind up seeing it again in September (if I go) though since it will be Steve's first trip. Depends on if he wants to see it or not.

I think the pictures of Wishes look nice. The tree may be a pain, but it does add a new element to the pictures. I'm sure some day when you look back on them it will be something that helps you remember the trip and not be like the rest of the pictures you have taken. Just trying to find some positive spin on it! :goodvibes

The picture of Claudia watching the fireworks and the one of her chewing on the popcorn box are both adorable!

MSEP is not my thing, but at least I don't feel like I have to avoid it anymore. I can't wait until they come up with a new night time parade. I jsut read that Spectro is definitely never coming back as they destroyed the floats. So sad. :(

Meh. Maybe. We just don't have very good memories of Wishes from that trip, so I don't need something special to remember it. This trip was all about Illuminations! The funny thing is though, I bought an artwork from this trip, and I chose one with a Christmas tree and the Castle. :rotfl2: The print looks way better than the reality, and now we do have something to remember this trip specifically. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

I'm all cuaght up.

What a scare that was with Claudia; I'm glad they were able to determine what it was so quickly.

Love ALL of the photopass pics with the characters.

Looks like a very successful birthday party.

I guess 12 hours is quick, in terms of hospital wait. It sure felt long though, holding a crying baby... But yes, she's all better now. :goodvibes

Thanks. We all had a great time at her party. :)

Oh, Mel, what an amazing birthday party!!! Love Love LOVE the decorations!!!

Thanks! We had a great time, and I loved decorating the place. :goodvibes

That was in 2009! That's pretty cool, we got engaged on the same day. :)

So cool!!

Great food filled update! Give me a sec to just wipe the drool off my keyboard :rotfl:

:rotfl: Those food pictures were not even that great. But glad you enjoyed them!

Hee Hee you have now come to the dark side by liking MSEP! :rotfl: Well maybe not the dark side but I'm glad it grew on you. I only got to see Spectro once so no chance to let it grow on me. I do like the Spectro music but the clown-like guys on the big balls freaked me out. I do NOT like clowns. :scared1:

The picture of Claudia watching the fireworks is adorable. She looks so thrilled. And I actually kind of like the pictures with the tree and the fireworks because they are different from the normal Wishes photos you see.

Yum for the Beaches and Cream! That's one I haven't made it to yet but is definitely on my list to try someday.

I don't even remember clowns in Spectro. :rotfl:

Maybe if the trip itself had been more magical, we would not have been so bothered by the tree. At that point, it was just yet another thing to add to the list of things not going the way we wanted.

It was my first time at Beaches & Cream. We didn't get the full experience though, using the to-go counter. I can't believe we were staying AT Beach Club and did not make it to B&C more often!

I cannot wait to meet Rapunzel.
I have waist length hair and hope to have fun with silly photographic comparison.

I am really loving your trip report!

:welcome:

That will be a fun photo with Rapunzel! Even better if you can add flowers in you hair. :)

Omg the pictures with Aurora and Mickey are priceless!

Especially the one where everyone's looking at the camera but peanut is still looking at the Mic.

I really loved how Peanut reacted to Mickey. I knew she liked him from the TV show, but she really seem to enjoy meeting him for real. :goodvibes

This sounds very much like the last time I took my little sister (who was 18 at the time) She was self-teaching herself Japanese, really into anime, etc.
She too wanted to speak Japanese to the CM's but was to shy but really enjoyed hearing it.
I was unwise enough not to set a shopping time limit and was stuck there for 3 hours. Even watching pick a pearl opening and sake tastings got boring after a bit but I really wanted her to have fun so I was patient. I enjoyed the pavilion myself (one of my favorites) but 3 hours of shopping in one place is a bit much. she bought TONS of stuff! If it had not been for the Taiko drummers outside and Illuminations, we too would have been there all night I think.
Last year (she is now in college) she got to do a study abroad program in Kobe Japan. In fact her major is Japanese language. Maybe next time I take her she will converse with the CM's in their language.
My upcoming trip with the BF to the Food & Wine Fest may end up with me spending alot of time in the Japan pavilion again as the DBF also speaks a little Japanese, loves anime, and sake, etc.
THIS TIME maybe I will set limits for both of us (to be fair) of 1 hour max per Country.
:dance3:

Still digging the trip report. Looking forward to more posts!

I didn't even know they had sake tasting in there. But yeah, 3 hours in one place would have been way too much for me! How neat that you sister got to actually study in Japan. I hope that Otaku gets to live out her dream one day. You are surrounded by Japan lovers it seems! Very wise of you to set up a time limit next time. ;)

That tree would drive me batty too. Go in Nov. It's not there yet. ;)

I wish I could go in November! Even if I managed to convince my principal to let me take a week off during the school year (which is doable), there is no way I could go then as it's report card and parent-teacher interview time. Maybe I could manage to go at the very end of November/early December. I think they put up the tree after the parade-taping, which is early December, right?

Day 8 part 1 - The One With Dale & Chip

We got up early and tried to make rope drop for the fourth day in a row. We were on a roll and had finally gotten our groove back! Otaku kept asking when we were going to take the Friendship boat (which for some reason she kept calling the "Friiiiiiiiendship Boat"), and today was the day. We did not have to wait too long before one showed up.

914_zps6f7b854b.jpg

The Yacht Club marina.

915_zps607f7539.jpg

Boardwalk Villas. As you can see, it was a pretty gray morning.

916_zps938cd768.jpg

917_zps63bedade.jpg

On the way to Hollywood Studios, Claudia was in a good mood and gave me a big wet kiss on the cheek.

919_zpsb922dd8a.jpg

920_zpsab5a6833.jpg

There were a lot of people at the park that morning. I think they had started to let people in before 9am, so by the time we got to Toy Story Mania the standby line was already too long for our taste. We got FPs for later and went back towards Sunset Boulevard. When we passed by the hat we saw several characters out with short lines. We met Pluto first, who let Claudia touch his nose.

Photo0215FourBySix_zps6136bfd6.jpg

Photo0217FourBySix_zps75150dde.jpg

We met Chip & Dale next. Ron told Dale I know they always say Chip & Dale, but why not Dale & Chip? Dale loved it and shook Rons hand.

Photo0220FourBySix_zpscfa9557d.jpg

Claudia ate Chips nose, and both Chip and Dale were giving her all their attention. She didnt feel like smiling though. Her good mood from the boat ride was all gone. It was probably time for a nap.

Photo0221FourBySix_zps77fea072.jpg

Photo0225FourBySix_zps87863819.jpg

Photo0229FourBySix_zpse9e2e1da.jpg

Photo0231FourBySix_zps1e7f282d.jpg

We walked to Tower of Terror. The standby time said 5 minutes. Otaku and I got in line.

921_zps9d464f3f.jpg

922_zps795548ec.jpg

5 minutes later we were here.

923_zps2ca55462.jpg

Yeah, we had barely moved.

Not a weeping angel, but creepy nonetheless. (Bonus points if you catch that reference)

924_zps46a0d300.jpg

We stayed without moving for so long that we started talking about leaving the line. Otaku said well wait 1 more minute, and if we dont move well leave. And then we moved!

925_zps88f5acac.jpg

926_zpsd4991ba2.jpg

927_zps59931151.jpg

We ended up waiting close to 25 minutes. It was worth it though! As you can see, Otaku was already quite comfortable with the ride now. She opted for the princess pose, while I was just silly.

Photo0234FourBySix_zps520d4e72.jpg

Photo0235FourBySix_zpsdb9e930e.jpg

Can you guess where this pic was taken?

928_zps1271e0e9.jpg

I think by then the fastpass line may have been quite long, because we decided to come back later for Rons turn using the baby swap. It was time for breakfast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter