"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we are back from the trip and I was able to catch up on your report while my boss had a client with him.

You are a much braver woman than I to go skydiving. I'd have been scared out of my wits!

I love the picture of Claudia in her "peanut sized" hat. Too cute!

Yay for catching up! I'm sure I've made it easy on you,I updated to little. :rotfl:

I do have a bit of a daredevil side. I think I like the adrenaline rush of doing things like sky diving.

Thanks! Now if only she would let us put hat on her head for more than 0.3 seconds...

I love the Jungle Cruise. I didn'T get to do it in December since the lines were so loooooooooong.

I can imagine that when traveling between Christmas and New Years, it's impossible to do every attraction. Aren't you going back soon anyway? ;)

Just got finished reading all 46 pages....Subbing in!

:welcome:

Day 7 part 8 – The One Where I Stick My Tongue Out

As I said in the last update, Otaku and I had left Ron and Peanut at the Baby Care Center to rest a little.

Ron had no interest in Buzz Lightyear, so that’s where we headed while he and Peanut relaxed at the Baby Care Center. I have no idea if we had gotten FPs or if the line was just short.

867_zpse194fd78.jpg

868_zps56d1744b.jpg

869_zps81a8eecb.jpg

870_zps4de2984f.jpg

I got a better score than usual (20,000 points is not that hard to beat!), but not that great. I hit one good target I don’t know where, and one 100,000 target that I had read about in PhoenixStength’s TR.

871_zpsc1008aef.jpg

Otaku was jealous of my score, as she did not even break the one hundred thousand points.

872_zps340cf962.jpg

I have no idea where the ride photo is taken, so I rode the entire time with my tongue out.

Photo0148FourBySix_zps7f0385be.jpg

We used the Space Mountain baby swap pass next, where I did a princess pose.

Photo0150FourBySix_zps260ff9a9.jpg

On our way back to meet up with Ron we got stuck behind the 3 o’clock parade so we watched it. Turns out Ron did not like relaxing in the Baby Care Center and had gone to our locker to drop off some things. After he got back he too watched the parade from the other side, so some of the photos were taken from his angle.

1370_zpsc11c75e8.jpg

1373_zps892ae0a7.jpg

1374_zps1348f54f.jpg

1375_zps8f670208.jpg

1376_zps821671b0.jpg

873_zps9aabe98b.jpg

1377_zpsff941e52.jpg

1378_zps7c35b1ac.jpg

We met back together. Otaku had to make a pit stop, so I took some photos. The Baby Care Center is between Casey’s and Crystal Palace.

878_zpsba82e26d.jpg

879_zps24c814d2.jpg

880_zpsf48de357.jpg

As we made our way out of the hub we stopped for Photopass. Otaku was happy because we let her wear the shirt off the shoulders.

Photo0152FourBySix_zpsece22cf5.jpg

Photo0154FourBySix_zpsb342a4aa.jpg

We got our first(I think?) magic shot of the trip.

Photo0158FourBySix_zps8bf03299.jpg

Photo0160FourBySix_zpsb670ff9d.jpg

It was Ron’s turn to hit the rides, and he chose to use the BTM baby swap, so that’s where we headed next.

I'm glad I checked for an update as today is my last day on the DIS (tomorrow will be awful at work, hair cut/color tomorrow night, finish packing and then off to Disney on Thursday, home a week from tomorrow and then to Dubuque for the wedding).

Love your "game face" on Buzz...very intense. And nice job on the score.

Great photopass pictures too!

I'm glad I checked for an update as today is my last day on the DIS (tomorrow will be awful at work, hair cut/color tomorrow night, finish packing and then off to Disney on Thursday, home a week from tomorrow and then to Dubuque for the wedding).

Love your "game face" on Buzz...very intense. And nice job on the score.

Great photopass pictures too!

Well then, talk about great timing! Have a magical trip at Disney, and a beautiful wedding for your son! pixiedust:

Love, love, love the ride photos. You got a great score while intentionally making a silly face the whole time? :worship: You rock!

Great ride photos! Oh and if you are wondering, the camera is in the very last room where you shoot at Zurg's ship. I know where it is but I'm always too busy trying to score points to worry about the photo. :rotfl:

It's funny, I ate dinner one night at Casey's on my solo trip and stood at the tables back by the Baby Center. Never noticed it though! Guess I was too busy enjoying my hot dog.

Love the tongue picture... That is funny, My oldest son does that all the time.. Especially when he is coloring, got to concentrate hard!!!

I enjoyed that baby care center last trip!

Oh trust me Mel, you were have heard everything when I say my dream to it the fullest extent: basically the dream involves me going in a greyish looking town that gave a pretty dull and bleak vibe to it and ya pretty got Devil May Cry 2 to blame cuz I was playing it at the time of my dream and that's pretty much came up in my subconscious. Why my mind decided to make the enviroment like a boring game like Devil May Cry 2 is anyone's guess. Anyways I'm pretty much just walking about until a skyscraper and then comes walking towards me and totally out of place Captain Hook. The weird thing was he wasn't wearing his tradiontial pirate hat and don't ask me why but he was wearing Mickey's Sorcerer hat. And you'd think with Hook it's a basic fight he's fighting with his sword right? Right? WRONG! Cuz he attacked me with his hook but fear not I defend myself by.....attacking him with an invisible shotgun/handgun...

The reason I say that is because it's unclear what firearm I was holding, the way my hand was positioned suggested I was holding a handgun but the sounds of me firing and reloading the gun made it sound like it was a shotgun and it still confuses me why this is all happening in my dream to this very day. Anyways I managed to scare Hook away and out of nowhere a random girl whom I had never met or knew in my life just appeared by my side apparently acting as my companion and asked how I did it and I simply repiled with: "It's nothing to worry about." .......No comment on that...

Then for some reason the dream focuses on Piccolo a character from Dragonball Z which Otaku might be familar with is in a fight with this demonic Eldtrich abomination that for some reason looks like a Xenomorph from Aliens.....Whaaaaaat?! Of course it's a dream it made no sense whatsoever and I could recall Piccolo and......whatever the hell the creature was had a short fight and then......it kind of stops...like interrupted in mid fight like it was a bloody Sopranos episode I didn't even knew who won or lost because the last thing I remember was the Xenomorph/beast's face was right up close in my visage and then nothing but blackness and me waking up.

If anyone can tell me what the hell happened in that dream I'll give 'em a million pounds.

Anyways now that I've got that dream out the way on with the TR. I went on Buzz Lightyear's....astro blasters....laser spin....ya know what? To hell with it, Astro Blasters is the name I grew up with when I went to Euro Disney and I'm gonna Astro Blasters despite what it's called it's pretty much the same ride anyway. So anyways I've been on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters quite a few times while at Disney World but I could never get a good high score well at least I think so anyway.

And by the way what the hell is up with your face in that picture? You look....derpy for a lack of a better word. I mean god the captions: "Herp Derp" are just dying to be put under that picture there. And I like how Otaku's reaction in the picture is just: "What the hell is she doing?"

The below picture, I think this song from The Fairly Oddparents should pretty much sum up my thoughts right here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IRdw_Qgwqc

Nuff said.

Good angles of the parade there, what the hell is the Mad Hatter doing there? It looks like he's squatting or something...? I don't know.

I must say Mel, ya really love taking pictures by the Hub it's like a constant thing with you on this trip: "Oh we must go to the Hub for a photo or else it'll look like we wasted time in the hub." But hey they look good anyway.

Teenagers and "sexyness" lol (refering to Otaku's off-the-shoulder look)

Your pics are great!

You are so funny with your ride poses! I'm am easily distracted and would never remember ;) More great photo pass shots! Also, I have to say you guys really took advantage of the baby swap! :thumbsup:

I love Magic shots. I can never get enough of them.
too funny about Otaku being excited about wearing her shirt off her shoulder.

All caught up, finally! I was a few updates behind, so here are my comments:

I agree that the que for Ariel is gorgeous and so detailed. I waited 35 minutes in line, so I got plenty of time to admire and take pictures.

Great pictures on Dumbo, Winnie and IaSW.

Great pictures with Otaku, Stitch and the whole family!! :goodvibes

The picture of Otaku on BTMRR is great. And I love my Pecos Bills, but the half chicken at Cosmic Ray's that Ron got is great too.

Sky diving is on my bucket list for sure!! I love all of the pictures of you doing it. Whenever I do sky dive I will definitely have to find one that does video.

I LOVE Jungle Cruise. Yes it is cheesy, but that kind of humor makes me laugh.

Glad my tips for Buzz helped your score! :thumbsup2 The ride photo is in the last room where you have defeated Zurg. There is a noticeable flash. Great PP and parade pics too.

Love, love, love the ride photos. You got a great score while intentionally making a silly face the whole time? :worship: You rock!

Haha, thanks! Maybe I should make silly faces more often on that ride, since I had never gotten over 50 000 points before. :lmao:

Great ride photos! Oh and if you are wondering, the camera is in the very last room where you shoot at Zurg's ship. I know where it is but I'm always too busy trying to score points to worry about the photo. :rotfl:

It's funny, I ate dinner one night at Casey's on my solo trip and stood at the tables back by the Baby Center. Never noticed it though! Guess I was too busy enjoying my hot dog.

Thanks for telling me where the camera is. Now the question is, will I remember it for my next trip? :rotfl:

The Baby Care Center is easy to miss if you are not looking for it. It doesn't stand out, and there are so many more interesting things to look at in that area. :)

Love the tongue picture... That is funny, My oldest son does that all the time.. Especially when he is coloring, got to concentrate hard!!!

I enjoyed that baby care center last trip!

Well, my tongue was intentional. I do think it's so cute when kids do it when focusing. :cutie:

Oh trust me Mel, you were have heard everything when I say my dream to it the fullest extent: basically the dream involves me going in a greyish looking town that gave a pretty dull and bleak vibe to it and ya pretty got Devil May Cry 2 to blame cuz I was playing it at the time of my dream and that's pretty much came up in my subconscious. Why my mind decided to make the enviroment like a boring game like Devil May Cry 2 is anyone's guess. Anyways I'm pretty much just walking about until a skyscraper and then comes walking towards me and totally out of place Captain Hook. The weird thing was he wasn't wearing his tradiontial pirate hat and don't ask me why but he was wearing Mickey's Sorcerer hat. And you'd think with Hook it's a basic fight he's fighting with his sword right? Right? WRONG! Cuz he attacked me with his hook but fear not I defend myself by.....attacking him with an invisible shotgun/handgun...

The reason I say that is because it's unclear what firearm I was holding, the way my hand was positioned suggested I was holding a handgun but the sounds of me firing and reloading the gun made it sound like it was a shotgun and it still confuses me why this is all happening in my dream to this very day. Anyways I managed to scare Hook away and out of nowhere a random girl whom I had never met or knew in my life just appeared by my side apparently acting as my companion and asked how I did it and I simply repiled with: "It's nothing to worry about." .......No comment on that...

Then for some reason the dream focuses on Piccolo a character from Dragonball Z which Otaku might be familar with is in a fight with this demonic Eldtrich abomination that for some reason looks like a Xenomorph from Aliens.....Whaaaaaat?! Of course it's a dream it made no sense whatsoever and I could recall Piccolo and......whatever the hell the creature was had a short fight and then......it kind of stops...like interrupted in mid fight like it was a bloody Sopranos episode I didn't even knew who won or lost because the last thing I remember was the Xenomorph/beast's face was right up close in my visage and then nothing but blackness and me waking up.

If anyone can tell me what the hell happened in that dream I'll give 'em a million pounds.

Anyways now that I've got that dream out the way on with the TR. I went on Buzz Lightyear's....astro blasters....laser spin....ya know what? To hell with it, Astro Blasters is the name I grew up with when I went to Euro Disney and I'm gonna Astro Blasters despite what it's called it's pretty much the same ride anyway. So anyways I've been on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters quite a few times while at Disney World but I could never get a good high score well at least I think so anyway.

And by the way what the hell is up with your face in that picture? You look....derpy for a lack of a better word. I mean god the captions: "Herp Derp" are just dying to be put under that picture there. And I like how Otaku's reaction in the picture is just: "What the hell is she doing?"

The below picture, I think this song from The Fairly Oddparents should pretty much sum up my thoughts right here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IRdw_Qgwqc

Nuff said.

Good angles of the parade there, what the hell is the Mad Hatter doing there? It looks like he's squatting or something...? I don't know.

I must say Mel, ya really love taking pictures by the Hub it's like a constant thing with you on this trip: "Oh we must go to the Hub for a photo or else it'll look like we wasted time in the hub." But hey they look good anyway.

:faint: @ the dream. I'm not sure I understood half of that, but then again, my dreams never make sense either when I try to explain them. :rotfl2:

I'm not sure Otaku watches Dragonball Z. My brother used to, but it was a long time ago.

I usually get a much lower score on Buzz Lightyear, but this time I remembered one target someone had mentioned. Even knowing the target though, I find it so hard to aim with those guns. TSM is much easier for me. As for my face, you know me, I like to have fun with the ride photos. :lmao:

Well, what can I tell you? The hub is just beautiful. :goodvibes

Great pics! :)

Yhanks! :cutie:

Yep! In 39 days. Our DME tags got here today!! Yay! I so need a vacation.

Woohoo! In three weeks we'll be officially done with school! :cool1:

Teenagers and "sexyness" lol (refering to Otaku's off-the-shoulder look)

Your pics are great!

She's actually not bad at all with that sort of stuff. She not only refuses to wear a bikini, but even hates traditional one piece swimsuits. She much prefers the short/t-shirt combination. I think it was more about style than sexiness, though her mom may think differently.

Thanks!

You are so funny with your ride poses! I'm am easily distracted and would never remember ;) More great photo pass shots! Also, I have to say you guys really took advantage of the baby swap! :thumbsup:

I'm glad my ride photos amuse you. :laughing:

We loved baby swap! We've talked about going to Toronto this summer and going to Canada's Wonderland (big amusement park), but they don't really have a lot of family rides, and they most certainly don't have baby swap, so what's the point? Disney has spoiled us!

I love Magic shots. I can never get enough of them.
too funny about Otaku being excited about wearing her shirt off her shoulder.

I love magic shots too! Sadly, we didn't get many this trip.
If Otaku can be excited by such a small thing like that, who am I to complain? :goodvibes

All caught up, finally! I was a few updates behind, so here are my comments:

I agree that the que for Ariel is gorgeous and so detailed. I waited 35 minutes in line, so I got plenty of time to admire and take pictures.

Great pictures on Dumbo, Winnie and IaSW.

Great pictures with Otaku, Stitch and the whole family!! :goodvibes

The picture of Otaku on BTMRR is great. And I love my Pecos Bills, but the half chicken at Cosmic Ray's that Ron got is great too.

Sky diving is on my bucket list for sure!! I love all of the pictures of you doing it. Whenever I do sky dive I will definitely have to find one that does video.

I LOVE Jungle Cruise. Yes it is cheesy, but that kind of humor makes me laugh.

Glad my tips for Buzz helped your score! :thumbsup2 The ride photo is in the last room where you have defeated Zurg. There is a noticeable flash. Great PP and parade pics too.

Glad to see you back! :yay: I missed your regular comments.

I usually hate waiting in line, but I kinda want to wait in the Ariel queue, just so I admire it more closely.

Thanks. That BTM picture of Otaku is one of my favorite pics of the trip.

I hope you do get to skydive! Yes the video is expensive, but it's sooooo worth it! When else are you going to do some crazy thing like that? :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tip for Buzz! As for the ride photo, I seriously have never noticed the flash. Guess I'm too busy trying to hit those darn targets. :rotfl:

A bit of a life update before I post the Disney update. We had a big scare this week. We ended up at the hospital (in an ambulance, no less!) because Claudia was having convulsions due to high fever. It was terrifying! :eek: They did a whole bunch of tests, but luckily it turned out to be a double ear infection. She's on antibiotics now and almost back to her old self.

I doubt I will post an update next week because not only is it Peanut's first birthdya party, but report cards are also due the Monday morning after. What was I thinking, planning a party for that weekend? :crazy2:

Day 7 part 9 - The One With The Far West

On our way to Frontierland we stopped by Sleepy Hollow so Otaku could get a cup of water.

881_zpsea39b0fe.jpg

882_zpsd7002595.jpg

Once we got close to BTM we went our separate ways, with me going to find a bench underneath the train station, close to the Splash Mountain entrance. The area was fairly empty since SM was being refurbed. I saw that Jessie and Woody were doing a meet & greet. The line was longer than I usually care for, but I had nothing else to do so I decided to go meet them. As I was waiting I saw Otaku and Ron come back. The FPs line was so long that they decided to wait a little later. Ron didnt want to meet the characters with me, but at least he was able to take the stroller and bags and went to find an empty bench in the shade. Claudia and I probably ended up waiting around 15 minutes before we got to meet Woody & Jessie.

884_zps1c263727.jpg

885_zps6995befe.jpg

886_zps97ac9f6a.jpg

Ron and Otaku went back to BTM and rode it this time. It took them close to 30 minutes before they came back. At some point Ron had taken new BTM FPs, but we still had 10 minutes to wait before we could use them. Ron took my spot on the bench and gave milk to Peanut.

887_zps03c1ded9.jpg

I took that time to do a little photoshoot around Frontierland.

888_zps946faeb8.jpg

890_zps09dc9420.jpg

889_zps669d7a42.jpg

891_zps18856d06.jpg

I ventured further away, and took a photo of the Splash Mountain construction.

892_zpsdfe63e23.jpg

Wouldnt you love to be able to sit on your porch and watch the MK parade go by?

893_zps8f39fe73.jpg

894_zpsce8c13a0.jpg

One more photo of a lighting fixture.

895_zpsfc3080a1.jpg

896_zpsbc72eec9.jpg

897_zps246944ce.jpg

I also did some pin trading as they had a big washboard full of pins out. Then it was time for Otaku and I to go on our wild train ride.

898_zpsf5542454.jpg

899_zps48e65105.jpg

900_zpsf82ed54e.jpg

The sun had started to set, so Ron had moved from under the train station to near BTMs exit. I took his place and he and Otaku went back on the roller coaster. This was my view.

901_zps8152caa0.jpg

902_zpsd947b0ea.jpg

Ron was getting really tired and wanted to leave, but not before doing one last attraction.

Day 7 part 10 - The One Where We Meet Characters

We absolutely LOVE Mickeys Phillharmagic, which is where we were headed next.

903_zps1dc72ded.jpg

904_zps16e3876d.jpg

There obviously was no line, and we were soon sitting in the theatre.

905_zpsd79412c7.jpg

Our favorite 3D movie did not disappoint. We quickly walked through the gift shop so I could show Otaku where Donald Duck had landed after flying through the wall.

906_zpsb78a646c.jpg

With that done, we started to walk towards the park exit. First we took the path on the side of the castle, where we had this beautiful view.

907_zps475c0949.jpg

The lights are on upstairs. Oh how I wish I could visit that suite one day!

908_zps2ea91875.jpg

We had to stop for a PP pic with the gorgeous castle.

Photo0161FourBySix_zpsba639d9a.jpg

One more look at the castle. Because it was Sunday January 6th, I thought for sure this would be the last time we would see the Christmas decorations and wanted to soak in all those wonderful dream lights.

910_zps9f6109a6.jpg

Walking down Main Street.

909_zps4f30abf4.jpg

We checked out how long the line for the princesses was. The posted wait was only 15 minutes and the line inside seemed shorter than when Otaku and I had attempted to meet them, so we lined up. Rapunzel was first.

Ron asked her if she had any advice for him on how to do his hair (how he comes up with those ideas on what to say, I dont know). She thought for a minute and said Well, I usually have the kids in the village do a braid for me, but that wont work for you. Then she mentioned how Flynn doesnt do much with his hair, he just works on his smolder. Ron said thats how he got me, the smolder. LOL

Photo0164FourBySix_zps4eaf6e26.jpg

This is where I have a bit of a beef with the photopass website. I know they used to have Rapunzel specific borders because I saw them on some of your TRs. This time, all they had was this one. Yes, its purple pixie dust, but look at the image. A blue dress, and some thread & needle. Wouldnt that fit more for Cinderella???

Photo0167FourBySix_zps70d7bf14.jpg

Aurora was next. She couldnt take her eyes off Peanut.

Photo0171FourBySix_zps37198e94.jpg

Photo0174FourBySix_zpsdd706c5b.jpg

Photo0176FourBySix_zps9e3c4d02.jpg

Photo0183FourBySix_zps9e2b0625.jpg

We met Cinderella last. Both her and Aurora were nice, nothing special.

Photo0186FourBySix_zps7b5b5cea.jpg

Photo0188FourBySix_zps8b98eb12.jpg

Mickey didnt have much of a line either, so we met him too. Otaku and I had met him already, but Claudia had not and he's her favorite. He loved hearing that!

Photo0194FourBySix_zps4f2f0d17.jpg

Photo0196FourBySix_zpsd9d62737.jpg

She smiled at him and reached for his nose.

Photo0200FourBySix_zps09b536e6.jpg

Photo0202FourBySix_zps69033c0c.jpg

Even Otaku got a hug.

Photo0203FourBySix_zps1e2302f1.jpg

Photo0208FourBySix_zpsb56bebba.jpg

We all enjoyed meeting the Big Cheese.

Photo0212FourBySix_zps465aa281.jpg

When we had entered his meet & greet I thought things looked different than a few days prior. When we exited, I noticed that we were definitely in a different room.

As I mentioned earlier, Ron was getting quite tired and wanted to leave. Otaku was ready to leave too, so I told them I would stay in MK alone. For some reason, Ron was not okay with that. What would we do?

How scarey about Claudia...glad she is feeling better now. Love all the character pics with her. :)

Jill in CO

First of all, I'm so glad that found out what was wrong with Claudia and she is already doing better. princess:

The pictures of you guys with all of the characters are adorable! I especially love Claudia reaching for Mickey's nose! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter