"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

I love seeing all your MK photos and the trip update... And way to go on the weight loss!

So, I love that you got pictures of your sky diving experience (definitely worth it) but seeing them may have made me a little anxious :) That is so insane you did it, and so awesome!!

I do think it's a rule to take a picture every time you pass the castle. You might get thrown out if you don't. :thumbsup2

good for you for skydiving. What an amazing adventure. I never thought about getting motion sickness so thanks for that warning. I would probably gag too.

Exactly, I wouldn't want to be thrown out of MK so I had to take that picture of the castle. :lmao:

It really was amazing. I never thought about the motion sickness either. If I had known, I could have taken some anti-nausea medicine, or possibly asked the instructor for a smoother ride.

Awesome Skydiving pics! :goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes

HOLY MOLY! The skydiving pics.. Way to go! I would totally chicken out. lol

We always seems to criss-cross at Disney too but that makes it fun I guess. LOL.

Oh man, Cosmic's over Pecos? I love Pecos and we didn't get to go last time, hopefully squeeze that in this time. We will be in MK three times during our trip. We will go our first park day but are going to wait until night to go, during the morning of the next day and then we are doing the MNSSHP.

Thanks! Chickening out was not even an option for me, though my friend did tell me about a friend of hers who ended up riding back down with the plane. He said no to jumping once up there.

Criss-crossing keeps things interesting. Even when we tried to stick to one or two areas during our Disneymoon, we ended up walking all across the park just for a FP or for lunch.

Well we had had Pecos Bill earlier that week, otherwise I might have vetoed his choice. ;)

Love the update. I think we've all done that criss cross at the parks at one time or another. We love Cosmic Rays...one of our favorites. You are a brave woman taking pictures on Buig Thunder.

You are ONE very brave woman. There is no way I'd be skydiving...young or old. The pictures were awesome...thanks for sharing.

Thanks. It was our first time trying Cosmic Rays, we liked it. I don't find Big Thunder to be that wild of a roller coaster, I have no problem not holding the bar and taking pictures. Though most of my pictures were taken while the train was going slow, like at the end just before going back in.

The dad of my friend's friend was jumping with us. There truly is no age to sky dive. I think it's worth it to do it once in your life, kind of a bucket list thing. :goodvibes

Love the Magic Kingdom photos in your update!

And congratulations on the sky dive, it's not something I think I could ever do.. but your pictures look amazing!

Emma princess: x

Thanks!

The video of the skydive was expensive (an extra 100$), but there was no way I was jumping and not having a video and some pictures as a souvenir!

Wow! You are so brave jumping out of a plane like that! The most daring thing I've ever done is Summit Plummet, but I need to add skydiving to my list, I think lol

Your lunch at Cosmic Rays look great, I always order the chicken and mashed potatoes.

Yep, you absolutely have to take a picture of the castle every time you pass it!

It's so funny, because I'm more scared of trying Summit Plummet than I was of skydiving! :rotfl2: You should totally do skydiving. You do not get that "heart in your throat" kinda of feeling like you get on Summit Plummet. It's more like just floating, and it's really cool. :thumbsup2

Ron was very satisfied with his chicken and mashed potatoes.

That's what I thought. Didn't want to break that rule! :rotfl:

Yeah it’s about time I come back to this forum but ya know how it is. You get occupied with stuff and ya totally forget about ol’ friends so yeah it is good to back.

Oh yeah I forgot the interactive queue line for the Haunted Mansion was there when you two went on your honeymoon but then again it’s been AGES since I’ve read your honeymoon trip. So it WAS there but I just didn’t do it mainly because of the fact that it was really hot in the Magic Kingdom and we wanted to be in a ride that was inside so glad that was the Haunted Mansion. Still regarded as one of my favourites at the Magic Kingdom mind.

You can NEVER.EVER. Have enough love for Stitch it’s a godsend really.

And of course how silly of me ya don’t know anything about the glorious thing that is Portal 2. I keep on forgetting that your not a gamer of sorts…maybe if you were Otaku then maybe you would’ve gotten the reference. Or I dunno is Otaku a gamer or is anime more her thing?

Out of all the lands that I trekked across in the Magic Kingdom, Frontierland was merely skipped over and it’s a shame cuz I really want to try out Splash Mountain and it looks like a fun ride though. Big Thunder Mountain? Maybe, it all depends really if I’m up to going on it or not. Man those CMs must have done this several times with babies if they didn’t want to have you do baby swap and I imagine them just to being all like: “Another family? (Frustrated groan) Okay fine you can swap your baby out just go on the damn ride already….”

God damn it Ron! There was a restaurant in your reach and yet ya had to go drag the girls to Tomorrowland? Just come on man! But then again I had to walk all the way BACK to Tomorrowland as well because I didn’t have any lunch on my first day of the Magic Kingdom and I did have that Taco Burger from Cosmic Rays which was delicious I’ll have to admit. All in all Cosmic Rays defiantly a good place to eat at.

I’d like to think that Dream along with Mickey is sort of a running gag for me just ignoring the show completely and by the time we have left the park it would STILL be going. And it’s actually happened twice with me, the first time we saw a bit of it and then we pretty much just pissed off to get a drink and when I was searching for my lost family Dream along with Mickey was performing again when I ran past it towards Adventureland. I don’t know why but it just sort of played out that way I guess.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cringe at the thought of going on the Jungle Cruise I’ve seen a bit of footage of it and I’m not sure what to think to be honest. I mean it’s not the BIGGEST thing when ya come to the Magic Kingdom ya don’t instantly think of the Jungle Cruise ya think of things like Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain and to a lesser extent Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters or whatever the hell the name of that ride is. Ya can’t blame Euro Disney for that one.

Why does the sky diving instructor look like the Principal Back to the Future? Don’t ask but he just reminds me of him for some reason, I dunno.

Yes, life has a way of keeping you busy. Welcome back!

No,you can never have too much love for Stitch. He deserves all the love! :stitch:

I play some games, but I wouldn't call myself a gamer. Same for Otaku. Ron is more the gamer of the family, but I've never seen him play Portal 2.

Big Thunder is a lot of fun, but not that wild (despite its name). It's not that the CM didn't want us to do baby swap, he just wanted proof that we indeed had a baby with us. I knew the rule, but I thought I'd try anyway. No big deal.

We had already had Pecos Bill once that trip, and we had never had Cosmic Rays. Ron really wanted to try it, so we didn't mind the walk. :)

Jungle Cruise is completely cheesy. I find it's the most fun when the skipper embraces the cheesiness factor. You should try it at least once.It is, after all, a classic.

I have no idea why the instructor reminds you of that.

Wow, the skydiving photos are incredible. I would have never thought jumping out of a plane would cause a floating sensation.

Congratulations on losing the baby weight! :goodvibes That must be a fantastic feeling. I seemed to have hit a wall as well. Maybe I should try your approach. ;)

Thanks! The floating sensation has something to do with the fact that the plane is going fast already, which means your body is already traveling fast and doesn't accelerate much when you jump out. Falling out of the plane would be more accurate actually.

Yes, it felt great to finally lose the last few pounds, especially since walking in Disney does not feel like exercise. You can try that too, but I would skip the being sick if I were you. ;)

Great job so far! LOVE LOVE LOVE the skydiving pics! They are fantastic, you are one fun chicky!

I am a teacher in Ontario, isn't it so nice to be able to travel on mat leave and not worry about being back at school. Other than needing to get DSD back... I was bad and took DS out of school for a week when I was on leave. Disney memories are more important than school. LOL

:welcome: Thanks! I'm pretty reserved in real life, but I do love to do fun crazy things once in a while. :cool1:

Oh yeah, traveling on mat leave is the best! I'm totally fine with taking kids out of school for trips, especially since, as teachers, we know when the best and worst times are. Hopefully I can convince Ron to take another Disney trip on my next mat leave, even though we said we wouldn't travel with such a young baby again... :rolleyes1

Sounds like the crowds got MUCH better after the new year. You guys got a ton done that morning!

We're big park criss-crossers too. Never can seem to to all the stuff in one area at a time. :rotfl:

Great tip about HM. I'm not sure we'd get her on it no matter what we promised this trip, but I'll try that next time!

Oh heck yes! The crowds got so much BETTER. Not right after New Years, but definitely the weekend after, when everybody was going back home to start school again.

Nope,can't stay in one area, even though in the end we will have done all the things in that one area. :rotfl:

Yeah, it's probably best to give HM a rest next trip, then the next one after that you can try to convince her again.

What a wonderful day at MK and it's only half over! I love when lines are like that.

You did do some criss-crossing that day! It's almost impossible not to though if you want to utilize the FP system.

The chicken meal that Ron had looks really good. I may have to try that next time I eat at Cosmic Ray's.

You skydiving pictures were awesome! That's something I'd like to do somday. I'll have to remember the anti-nauseous meds though because I get motion sickness too.

It really was a wonderful day. In fact, probably our most successful of the trip. :goodvibes

Exactly. We like to maximize the FPsso we can't really avoid the criss-crossing. We don't mind it anyway.

I think the chicken meal is a very good meal for both quality and value.

When you are ready to try skydiving I suggest getting in touch with the skydiving school in advance and asking them advice on how to deal with the motion sickness. I'm sure they have lots of tricks. I just did not even know it was a possibility, so I never thought to ask.

I love seeing all your MK photos and the trip update... And way to go on the weight loss!

So, I love that you got pictures of your sky diving experience (definitely worth it) but seeing them may have made me a little anxious :) That is so insane you did it, and so awesome!!

Thanks and thanks. :goodvibes

Ah, I'm sorry I made you anxious. It does look insane, but so much is done to insure your safety. Plus, you have to remember, the instructor jumping with you has a vested interest in living. ;)

Day 7 part 7 - The One With The Hilarious Cruise

As we started our 2 weeks (or is it 3 months? I get confused with the Safari) cruise, I took a (blurry) picture of our skipper.

840_zps273a5f91.jpg

Im glad I did because he turned out to be hilarious! It probably helped that there was a loud group in the back genuinely laughing at the jokes the whole time. Join me as we look at fake animals and listen to bad puns!

841_zps639a8251.jpg

842_zps123aee34.jpg

Elephant, speak!

843_zpsbc06709e.jpg

844_zps67d6bf10.jpg

Lions are very protective. Look at these lions protecting the sleeping zebra. Awwww, arent they so nice?

845_zps7adb7827.jpg

Do you think they got the point in the end?

846_zps5caaceae.jpg

Somebody was interested in another kind of fake critters. Those little wrist chew toys were awesome! I never would have thought to buy them myself, but my friend gave it to Claudia as a Christmas gift a few days prior.

847_zpsb769d841.jpg

I only took two more pictures. I just sat back and laughed along with everybody else. By far the best Jungle Cruise ever.

848_zps08c42ad6.jpg

849_zpsaeb674cb.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean was next on our list.

850_zps9f72961d.jpg

851_zpscd968d04.jpg

It was almost a walk-on, but we did take a pic of Pirate Otaku in the queue.

852_zps0837a1d4.jpg

853_zpsc30438ba.jpg

We had fun playing with the toy weapons in the dump shop. Otaku tried to shoot me, then cut off my head.

856_zpsb37dfa41.jpg

854_zpsb0b0df79.jpg

Im not sure if Ron attacked Peanut with a hook, or if she was trying to eat said hook. You be the judge.

855_zpsa8c0a386.jpg

We found some Peanut size hats.

857_zps8e6b970f.jpg

It was a very sunny day and we had not put on sunscreen on the baby (or ourselves) since morning, so we waited in the shade while Ron retrieved the stroller. I gave the camera to Otaku and instructed her to take pictures of our surroundings while we waited.

858_zps28d6cd5b.jpg

859_zpsd47c1dee.jpg

860_zps2f211764.jpg

She got bored with that, and instead had fun taking super close-ups of our faces, including of her dad who had come back.

862_zps8afc3be9.jpg

863_zps2e3a612e.jpg

864_zpsbbfc43dd.jpg

(My close-up turned out very blurry, so I wont post it).

We passed by Aloha Isle and could not resist the call of the Dole Whip. I got vanilla while Ron tried orange.

866_zps1d8b65d5.jpg

Claudia was getting fussy and need to eat, and Ron was getting tired (he was still a bit sick), so we left them at the Baby Care Center to eat and relax while Otaku and I continued touring.

We don't do the Jungle Cruise every year, but we had a really good guide this last time which made it a lot of fun.

I am loving the miniature hat on Peanut...adorable!

Oh, this stabs straight to the heart since I just learned today that Jungle Cruise will be closed on our September trip!:sad2: Oh, cruel rehab!

We had those wrist toys when Julia was little and then put them on her ankles when she got really interested in her feet! Oh, baby fever here now thinking about that!:scared1:

Oh right well I'll keep that in mind when I interact with Ron about video games then...assuming I meet the pair of you though. Speaking of which, I'm gonna prepare myself for this year's E3 press conferences for Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo but then again I hope it won't be a disappointment like last year, well not it wasn't exactly a disappointment but all I'm saying is it better good at least for me. Anyways enough rambling let's get back on topic here.

So where were we? Oh yeah you were going on the Jungle Cruise. Again, still not unsure about this, the skipper really does depend on whether there funny or not and it's a case of hit and miss with this one. I may have to groan a little from the puns though cuz I normally hate puns but maybe they won't be cringeworthy if I go on the ride? We'll see, we'll see.

Ah Pirates of the Caribbean. Always a classic though I do think it was awkward to go on it a second time after having that "incident" regarding a certain fairy who belongs to Peter Pan. Ya know the one not I'm complaining of course.

Otaku is Lara Croft except with only one gun.

And there was once the time when Otaku showed off with a blade against Jack Sparrow.

I think that one picture of Ron and Claudia it looks she's about to eat the hook actually, but then again it's no weirder than Captain Hook, yes the SAME CAPTAIN HOOK, attacked me with his hook in a very weird and surreal dream that I had not too long ago though.

Wait did I just reference Peter Pan in the same post? Huh, odd.

EXTREME CLOSEUP! WHOAAAAA! WHOAAAAA! It's Wayne's world, Wayne's world, party time, excellent!

Starscream275, peppering Mel's trip reports with movie and video game references since 2011.

I love getting a good skipper on the Jungle Cruise! We had one at night a few years ago that was totally off script and hilarious! I really enjoy all your candid shots, it looks like the 4 of you are having a great time. The shop outside of pirates is one of my favorite! It's one of the few I actually enjoy playing around in, love the hat on Claudia :) Also, it does look like she is getting ready to eat the hook!!

I think that might have been the same guide I had when I went in March and I have to agree he was hilarious!

Yea, Pirates is one of my favorites. And the store is so much fun to explore afterwards. That picture with Claudia and the hat is so cute!

I tried a Dole Whip for the first time last year and I'm sad to say I wasn't impressed. I just love my chocolate too much.

Pirates of the Caribbean is my absolute favorite!

Claudia is just so adorable, I could just eat her up. I had those wrist things too, I think they are made by Infantino?

I like the little wrist toys, very clever. I might have to look into a few of those.

The pic of Peanut trying to eat ron's hook hand is my new favorite.

We don't do the Jungle Cruise every year, but we had a really good guide this last time which made it a lot of fun.

I am loving the miniature hat on Peanut...adorable!

The Jungle Cruise is cute, but having a good guide makes it 10 times better!

She was so cute! I just wish she hadn't been moving so much so that we could have gotten a less blurry picture. :cloud9:

Oh, this stabs straight to the heart since I just learned today that Jungle Cruise will be closed on our September trip!:sad2: Oh, cruel rehab!

We had those wrist toys when Julia was little and then put them on her ankles when she got really interested in her feet! Oh, baby fever here now thinking about that!:scared1:

I'm sorry! That's such bad timing, to read my update the same day you learn about the rehab. There will be so many new things to do at MK though, I'm sure you won't even have the time to miss JC. Did you hear about the new Pirates interactive game in Adventureland?

Oh right well I'll keep that in mind when I interact with Ron about video games then...assuming I meet the pair of you though. Speaking of which, I'm gonna prepare myself for this year's E3 press conferences for Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo but then again I hope it won't be a disappointment like last year, well not it wasn't exactly a disappointment but all I'm saying is it better good at least for me. Anyways enough rambling let's get back on topic here.

So where were we? Oh yeah you were going on the Jungle Cruise. Again, still not unsure about this, the skipper really does depend on whether there funny or not and it's a case of hit and miss with this one. I may have to groan a little from the puns though cuz I normally hate puns but maybe they won't be cringeworthy if I go on the ride? We'll see, we'll see.

Ah Pirates of the Caribbean. Always a classic though I do think it was awkward to go on it a second time after having that "incident" regarding a certain fairy who belongs to Peter Pan. Ya know the one not I'm complaining of course.

Otaku is Lara Croft except with only one gun.

And there was once the time when Otaku showed off with a blade against Jack Sparrow.

I think that one picture of Ron and Claudia it looks she's about to eat the hook actually, but then again it's no weirder than Captain Hook, yes the SAME CAPTAIN HOOK, attacked me with his hook in a very weird and surreal dream that I had not too long ago though.

Wait did I just reference Peter Pan in the same post? Huh, odd.

EXTREME CLOSEUP! WHOAAAAA! WHOAAAAA! It's Wayne's world, Wayne's world, party time, excellent!

Starscream275, peppering Mel's trip reports with movie and video game references since 2011.

I kinda want to experience (almost) all the attractions WDW has to offer, no matter how old, cheesy and/or cringeworthy it might be. I think you should give Jungle Cruise a try, even if it's just to say you tried everyting. Who knows, you might even enjoy yourself... ;)

LOL @ Otaku being Lara Croft. :rotfl:

I think Peanut was trying to eat the hook as well. It's funny that you got attacked by Hook.No many people can actually say that. :laughing:

That hat on Claudia is hysterical

If only the picture had not been blurry... then it might have turned out to be one of my favorite pic of the trip. :rotfl:

I love getting a good skipper on the Jungle Cruise! We had one at night a few years ago that was totally off script and hilarious! I really enjoy all your candid shots, it looks like the 4 of you are having a great time. The shop outside of pirates is one of my favorite! It's one of the few I actually enjoy playing around in, love the hat on Claudia :) Also, it does look like she is getting ready to eat the hook!!

My favorite times on both Jungle Cruise and the Safari have been when we've had great guides. I can't help but wonder if I wouldn't hate the Great Movie Ride so much if we had gotten a better guide?

You know, despite all the bad incidents that happened, we really did have a great trip. That day in particular was probably when we had the best time of all.

I agree, she looks like she wants to eat the hook. :rotfl:

I think that might have been the same guide I had when I went in March and I have to agree he was hilarious!

Yea, Pirates is one of my favorites. And the store is so much fun to explore afterwards. That picture with Claudia and the hat is so cute!

I tried a Dole Whip for the first time last year and I'm sad to say I wasn't impressed. I just love my chocolate too much.

How fun that you got the same guide!

We had fun playing with the toy weapons in the Pirates store. :)

I love chocolate more than vanilla, but Dole Whip is one of the best vanilla I've had. It's a nice change once in a while.

Love your update! :goodvibes

Thanks! :upsidedow

Pirates of the Caribbean is my absolute favorite!

Claudia is just so adorable, I could just eat her up. I had those wrist things too, I think they are made by Infantino?

I love Pirates! I have great memories of that attraction as a kid. :)

Thanks! :goodvibes I have no idea what company made those wrist things though. Infantino would make sense.

I like the little wrist toys, very clever. I might have to look into a few of those.

The pic of Peanut trying to eat ron's hook hand is my new favorite.

Definitely do. The little wrist toys are so practical. A toy that doesn't get thrown on the ground! You can put them on the ankle too, when they are at the stage of discovering their feet.

That picture is one of my favorites too. :goodvibes

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we are back from the trip and I was able to catch up on your report while my boss had a client with him.

You are a much braver woman than I to go skydiving. I'd have been scared out of my wits!

I love the picture of Claudia in her "peanut sized" hat. Too cute!

I love the Jungle Cruise. I didn'T get to do it in December since the lines were so loooooooooong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter