"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

That funny that Claudia fell asleep on small World. I thin ksome adults do to. but I love it just like you. Something I always remember from my childhood as well.

I sure hope It's A Small World becomes a childhood memory for Claudia too. :goodvibes

Happy Mother's Day!

IASW was my grandma's favorite ride (she and my grandpa took me on my only two childhood trips) so it was always a favorite of mine as well. And now? It's one of Maddie's favorites. :goodvibes

Love all the pics of baby girl. I'm especially fond of the one on Dumbo where she's playing with her feet. Who knew that such great toys were right there at the bottom of baby's legs? Magic! I miss those sweet baby days. :goodvibes

Generations of IASW lovers! Ron and Otaku are not big fan, but I'll try my best to have it become one of Claudia's favorites. :thumbsup2

I know, right? Why pay for expensive toys, when feet (and kleenex boxes) make for such great toys!

The baby days are sweet, but the age Maddie is now looks like so much fun!

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm so excited for Fantasyland and Storybook circus!!! Pooh is my favorite :goodvibes
Obviously I love your TR anyway but it's really nice to read along about traveling with a little one! I know Claudia is younger than Ava but they're still small and I'm so excited to take her on everything. My (almost) MIL has never been to Disney and isn't a huge fan of rides so she's like shocked when I tell her we can bring Ava and our little niece on most rides!

I adore IASW, always have :goodvibes

You and Ava are going to love new Fantasyland so much!

I'm glad you can learn from my TR. That's one of the things I love about Disney, even little babies can go on so many attractions!

Your wedding and Disney vacations are so close!!! Exciting!:cool1:

Awww, Peanut looks like she's enjoying Fantasyland as much as Otaku was. I think that you have a Disney lover in the making. :thumbsup2

I can hardly wait to get to see the new Fantasyland. On our last trip, they had just opened up the Dumbos so there's a lot for us to see.

Yep, they both had a great time in Fantasyland! What's not to like anyway? I'm doing my best in raising her as a Disney lover. Seeing how happy she gets when Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on, I think I'm doing a good job. :goodvibes

Your trip is so close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: You will get to see all the marvelous details of new Fantasyland. I wonder what funny things you're going to get into this time? :rotfl:

Happy Mother's Day!

Just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day Mel!! I hope you enjoyed your day! :goodvibes

Happy Mother's Day to you too! :goodvibes You just made me realize that I wanted to say that in my replies to everyone. I'm gonna go back and edit my other replies.

First, Happy Anniversary to you two...I hope it was a great one. I saw some of the pictures from the skydiving on FB. You are a brave woman.

Two of my favorite rides -- Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh. Always must do's for us every trip.

Now, I would have been with Peanut on It's a Small Boat to China...I mean It's a Small World. Although I probably would have fallen asleep right at the beginning. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks. We did have a nice anniversary. As for skydiving, I do have some daredevil blood in my veins. In real life I'm a very quiet and reserved woman, but once in a while I like to do something crazy. :hyper:

I wouldn't say Winnie is a must-do for me, but I like it a lot. Dumbo, however, is for sure a must-do from now on.

Hey, don't dis It's a Small World! :p Just kidding. To each their own. I'm going to keep on loving it. ;)

First! Happy Anniversary :) And sky diving!!? I have a fear of heights (and control issues!) so I don't think I could ever do it.... Sounds exciting though!

Awww cute sleepy Claudia pictures!! Love it :) Winnie the Pooh was a favorite on our last trip, it's one of the few rides I don't mind waiting for with the awesome queue they put in.... Can't wait to read more, and I hope all is going well with both you and Ron going back to work!

Thanks! Yeah, my life was totally out of my control up there, so I can see how skydiving would not be for you. I loved it though!

Thanks! She does look so cute when she sleeps. Unfortunately, she seems to have inherited by light sleep and wakes up every time I go in her room, so I rarely get to see it.

Right now Peanut is a bit too young, but I'm sure she'll have lots of fun in the Pooh queue in a few years. :)

Things are going well here. Claudia seems to have adapted to being cared for by her grandma very easily. She used to cry all the time with her grandma, but already on her first day alone with her she was fine. It sure makes going to work easier! :goodvibes

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day, Mel. Enjoy your day with Peanut.

Thanks. Happy Mother's Day to you too, Kathy! :hug:

:lmao: IASW always calms Brynn, too...but not THAT much!!

Are you going to Stitch's Great Escape?? Cause that's something we've never done, and I'm interested to hear/see about it.
Or are you going to meet Stitch somewhere?
Hmmm...guess I better wait and see!

Well I doubt IASW will put Claudia to sleep once she reaches Brynn's age. It's nice to know though that she likes it and it calms her down. :goodvibes

There is a good chance that I will post the next update tonight, so I'll end your suspense right now. We met Stitch that day. I have never been on Stitch's Great Escape, and I don't know if we ever will. As much as I love Stitch, I've heard too many bad things about the attraction. basically, it seems people are either bored, or scared. I would probably stay away from it if I were you, at least until your kids are much older. Especially Brynn, who gets bothered by loud noises.

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day, Mel. I am going to get caught up soon.

Thanks! Happy Mother's Day to you too! :hug:

I hope I didn't forget anyone in the replies, but just in case, I'll say it again:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

I didn't have the greatest Mother's Day. It was my first one without my mom, and it hurt deeply. I'm doing better now, thanks to my sweet little baby girl with her smiles and kisses.

I'll have to come back another day to write the skydiving update. Probably next weekend, as it's a long weekend for Canada I think. For now, I'll leave you with the next trip update.

Day 7 part 5 – The One With Maman’s Favorite Alien

After spending the morning in Fantasyland, it was time to explore new lands. We started off in Liberty Square.

798_zps5465b5b1.jpg

A look at the new Rapunzel tower. As I’m typing this the new area is now open. Ron and I can’t believe how much effort went into the theming, and it’s only for restrooms and a phone charging area. It’s so beautiful! There really should be an area for Rapunzel to meet there.

800_zps5bae4a3e.jpg

Time to visit some ghosts at the Haunted Mansion!

799_zps10704072.jpg

Otaku hadn’t tried the interactive queue yet, so we went through the cemetery. We let people pass us as we had fun playing. First we tried to figure out who killed who with what.

801_zps17638fad.jpg

Then Otaku played music.

802_zps0daf3700.jpg

803_zpse978e17d.jpg

We were careful not to get wet.

804_zps23099606.jpg

Finally, Otaku pushed some stubborn books.

805_zpscbf3a92e.jpg

We all enjoyed the ride, baby included. We did get stuck for a while, probably to let a disabled person (is that the politically correct way of saying it now?) on/off.

One last look at the HM before moving on.

806_zps03da8090.jpg

Ron went to get Big Thunder Mountain FPs while the rest of us went to Tomorrowland. We stopped to get some PP pics along the way.

Photo0135FourBySix_zps0eb5997c.jpg

Photo0137FourBySix_zpsd8842f51.jpg

Beautiful Tomorrowland.

807_zpsc4d331ce.jpg

808_zps40ee21f0.jpg

After Ron met up with us, he and Otaku went on Space Mountain, asking for a baby swap at the same time. While I waited for them, I saw that Stitch was out with basically no line. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to meet my favorite alien!

809_zps147ba2b9.jpg

810_zps12acdcc9.jpg

Claudia tried to eat Stitch’s claws. The character handled, who was taking the pictures using my camera, missed it and asked Stitch to try to get Claudia to do it again. She didn’t, but she did reach for his nose instead.

812_zpsfd8f3577.jpg

813_zps98acf513.jpg

The character handler joked that the baby was just an excuse for mommy to meet some characters. I laughed and said “Oh it’s totally for me. Stitch is my favorite!”

814_zpsc342b586.jpg

I found us a place in the shade (near the restrooms) and Peanut found herself something to chew. I don’t remember if I’ve mentioned it before, but that little toy/bracelet on her wrist was so useful. She always had something to chew on that she couldn’t throw on the ground.

819_zpsdf9633da.jpg

From our bench we saw Stitch go on break and come back. Several people ran to him as soon as he came back. At first he stopped and took a picture with them, but then more came and he had them follow him to his meeting spot.

816_zps5f8c3435.jpg

I also had a good view of the Peoplemover from where I was sitting.

817_zpsfc3944f1.jpg

I had the photopass + card, so Ron thought he couldn’t get the ride picture. If he had taken the photo number down, he could have taken the card from me and went back in.

As we left Tomorrowland we stopped in the same spot Otaku and I had done to take more PP pics, except we asked to have Tomorrowland as a background instead of the castle.

Photo0141FourBySix_zpsd353d434.jpg

We also stopped in front of the Partners statue for more pics since there weren’t too many people.

Photo0143FourBySix_zpsbebf48df.jpg

Photo0146FourBySix_zps5b27d4b2.jpg

Up Next, Criss-Crossing The Park

nice photopass pictures. Claire and I sat in that same area in Nov and we kept hearing the people mover spiel over and over and we started laughing because we could recite it by heart.

Cute pictures in the HM line. It's a lot of fun to play in there. I don't think I've ridden HM lately without stopping for a least a little bit.

Claudia looks facinated with the characters. She was having fun with Stitch. Hopefully that will last as she gets older.

You're right, I've heard nothing but bad things about Stitch's Great Escape. I know people say it's really bad, but I was just wondering what it is that is so horrible...not that I'd try it! I only want to think of good things when I think of Project 626!

I'm so happy that someone else loves Stitch as much as we do!

Your pictures are making me really happy to be getting PhotoPass+ this trip! It'll be our first time with any sort of PP, and I'm excited for Brandon to be in more pictures! We rarely stopped before, even to get them to take pictures with our camera, because we knew we wouldn't be buying it. Now we can stop all the time!:cool1:

Such a beautiful family!:goodvibes

Thank you again for your sweet message yesterday. :) I know how hard yesterday was, I think the first one will be the hardest.. My mom has only been gone a month and it seems like 5 years.

Great pics- I cant wait to see the Rapunzel bathroom too. LOL

Hey Mel,
Trying to catch up. :goodvibes

I made it to the end of day 4 and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Gee... that is a huge wall of people you guys hit at Magic Kingdom. I hope you had better days with less people after that. After visiting WDW in low season dealing with that must be quite frustrating but it seems like you guys were managing it well. I don't even comprehend how is it possible to wait 4 ours to ride Space Mountain.

Your pictures riding Dumbo are adorable. Isn't the new Circus area the best?

And Kona bread... hmmm. If there is one place kids are allowed to give their parents a hard time it's in a WDW restaurant. After all the excitement of the day... I am so glad the family seating near you was understanding. I have had my share of meals like that but you guys seemed to dealing with the situation like pros.

I will come back and read some more later.

Have a great week!
Queila

Wow I’ve fallen behind! A whole day of updates to read!! Holy fog! That’s crazy! Also, super cute shirt Otaku has!

One of my favorite things to look for after rope drop in MK is the characters all walking down Main St! Ah! That shot of Gastons/Beast’s castle, it’s so awesome!! Fog definitely helps that! Gotta love the LM queue! It has so much amazing detail in it, it’s awesome!

I LOOOVE the Ariel pp borders!! They are too awesome! Cute Ariel! I’ve usually seen her in the parades! I can’t wait for the wall between LM and Dumbo to be down for good, it helps that bottle neck out so much!!

I’m so in love with the Tangled area! The first time I saw it in person the song that was playing was the one when they’re in the kingdom and all dancing and stuff, it was insane! I wish there was enough room for a meet there!

Awww! Adorable pics with Stitch, that’s so cute!! Awesome updates! That certainly looks like a not so busy morning in MK!!

Great update! I love the HM queue- and those books! I could spend quite a while there :) the photo pass pictures are great! Asking for a tomorrowland background is a great idea as well! I think your meet and greet sounded fun too, Claudia chewing on Stitch's hand seems so appropriate!

Hi Mel! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and Anniversary. I think it's amazing you went skydiving.

I love the pics of you and peanut meeting Stitch. I'm totally planning to use my little guy as an excuse to meet more characters on our trip.

I love it!!! We were at the MK that day as well!!! The rest of the week had low crowds and great weather, didn't it? We loved it!! I can't wait to read more! LOVE all of the pics and I know it is tough with a baby but she will appreciate these pics when she is older.

Mel, sorry...I somehow missed that you did an update.

Love the pictures around the Haunted Mansion.

The photopass pictures--all of them are great!

And even though I don't like himvery cute pictures with Stitch and Peanut and you.

Yay! You got to meet Stitch! Kids are a great excuse for character meets :goodvibes

The HM queue is so cool isn't it? That was the only part that Maddie liked. :rotfl:

IIIIIII LIIIIIIIVEEEEEE AGAIN! TIME TO WRECK SOME HAVOC ON THIS TR, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Nah I’m just kidding, I’m just kidding. As your aware Mel, I’ve been catching on your trip and I’ve pretty much read up to every single update until your recent one which was only a couple of nights ago so now that I’ve read this one I’m gonna try my best to make fun of it and dissect it leaving only the bare bits of it. Plus like I said before expect funny abridged versions of past updates soon. Anyways on with the recent update:

At Fantasyland we want our guest to appreciate the new extended area based around Tangled which be enjoyable for the entire family, presenting the toilets aaaaaaaaanddd ATM Machines! All joking aside the Tangled area is so beautiful so many blood and tears went into it but my question is why the hell aren’t Rapunzel herself or even Flynn Rider here? And yeah would it really kill them to make an area for the both of ‘em? Oh Disney why most you tease us?

Oddly enough I’ve never been in the interactive queue line for the Haunted Mansion correct me if I’m wrong but has the queue line been there since 2011 or did they not make it yet? Because it wouldn’t be the first time that I- STITCH! SHE’S GOT STITCH IN THE TR! YES! YES! YEEEEESSSSS! THANK YOU! There isn’t enough Stitch love in here! And that guy is right Claudia is just an excuse so you can meet characters! Claudia’s role is to look pretty while sucking on a lollipop whilst the middle aged school teacher acts like a 7 year old. Ah isn’t satire humour great?

Looking back at the Peoplemover, it’s more zipping through tunnels and I’d like to think that the Peoplemover is actually transport for Aperture Science that will whisk you over to a test chamber to solve a series of puzzles with a gun that makes portals. God I’m such a geek for Portal 2 now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter