"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

Wonderful start! I look forward to reading more about your trip! Thanks for sharing it with us! Jennifer

I'm here! Can't wait to read about your trip, even if it wasn't the best ever! :cool1:

I'm here! Love the intros!

Hi Lisa! :) I always have a hard time writing the intros, so I'm glad you like them. :goodvibes

I'm here!! Love your first picture!

Yay! :yay: I was going for funny. :rotfl2:

I'm here!!!! Love the pictures in the intro. Sorry this wasn't the trip you expected, but it's great that you wrote down what you did accomplish and found it was a lot of things.

Can't wait to read all about your trip!! :goodvibes

I'm glad you're here! :banana: It was hard when we were living it, but now that we are back it's much easier to look back and realize it wasn't so bad after all. :thumbsup2

I'm In!!! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!!

:welcome: It's nice to see new faces.

Count me in!

:welcome: Nice to meet you.

Great intro! Looking forward to reading the rest.

We were there Jan. 6th - 12th so particularly interested to hear your take on the parks on the days we had in common.

:welcome: I don't want to give too much away, but Jan 6th and on were our best days. How did you guys find it?

What is your Dis name (FortForever) a reference to?

:welcome: I hope you enjoy the read.

I'm here of course!!!!!!!!!

As you know I had one of those not-so-magical trips myself! But I took your advice & am focusing only on the positive!!! :)

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!

Woohoo! :cool1: I still have days when I think about the trip and my "regrets", but focusing on the positive really does help a lot. I'm glad it's helping you too.

I like your 'tell-all' tale. And of course your adorable DD!

I'm here to read along!

:welcome: I think it's interesting to read about the not-so-good parts. Plus, it makes you appreciate the nice parts even more. Not to mention, rarely is a trip completely perfect and it's nice to know you are not the only one who goes through harder times at "the most magical place on earth". And thanks! :goodvibes

I am here....can't wait to read more!

:welcome: I hope you enjoy my TR. :)

AHH, great start!

I am sorry to hear about your mom... Noone can replace mama! I currently am going through my mom being sick w/ Stage 4 cancer... We actually took her with us this past September b/c I knew it was once in a lifetime, that she probably wouldnt go anywhere with us "big" again.

Can't wait to hear about your trip.

:welcome: Thank you. Some days are harder than others. It still feels surreal. I really wish I could go visit her, but she's not there anymore. I'm truly sorry you have to go through a similar thing. It's hard to see them getting weaker and weaker. It's like a new grief every time. :hug: I'm happy to hear your mom was able to accompany you for one last trip. That must have been so emotional! Did she have a great time?

Yay, another ronnmel TR! Can't wait to read all about your latest trip. I'm curious to see how the crowd levels changed from New Year's Eve through your departure date. Was this your step-daughter's first trip to WDW? Hopefully she grows to love it like you guys do. Looking forward to your next update. :)

:welcome: Wow! I feel like a celebrity. :blush:

The crowds changed big time! If you check out my PTR you'll see that we switched our dates by two days because of the flight. I really wish we hadn't because the second part of the trip was so much better! Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20.

It was my step-daughter's third or fourth trip to Walt Disney World. She came with us in 2009 (I wrote a TR for that as part of my honeymoon PTR, link in my signature). She also went with her grandparents (Ron's parents) once or twice before, no one remembers. She enjoys her time there, she's just not obsessed like us. She doesn't know much about the attractions and restaurants there. She's just happy to follow along. Japan is her obsession, though I guess if we said we were going to Tokyo Disney then she would be very interested. ;)

I'm in ! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! I've never been brave enough to travel during Christmas break.......

:welcome: We *thought* we were avoiding the crowds for most of the trip by traveling mostly in January. We usually travel in summer, those specific dates were one of the "once in a lifetime" things we were experiencing, because it's usually too expensive (and too crowded).

I'm here Mel! You know I don't mind all the detail-even the less than magical ones :). Can't wait to see all of the pictures!

Hey Shan! I'm happy you're here. :woohoo: I've already told you that I'm borrowing your chapter titles. I love the way you write your TR, with the magical and not-so-magical details.

Here to read along too!

:welcome: The more the merrier!

I'm here....be back later to read

Hi Kathy! Take your time reading. :goodvibes

I'm here!

Hi Monica! So fun to see familiar faces. :)

Joining in!!

:welcome: I'm glad you joined in. :)

Wonderful start! I look forward to reading more about your trip! Thanks for sharing it with us! Jennifer

:welcome: It's my pleasure to share my trip with you guys. It's much more fun to relive it in good company. :goodvibes

I'm here! Can't wait to read about your trip, even if it wasn't the best ever! :cool1:

Glad you could make it here! :yay: I'm okay with it not being the best trip ever. It just means the next one will be better. ;)

I would love to read along again!

Welcome back! :cool1:

Hi I'm here to join! Excited to here about your trip! Great resorts you stayed at...:goodvibes

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

:welcome: We did stay at two wonderful resorts! I'll probably start my TR by doing a review on both, as I wait for the photopass CD to arrive. :goodvibes

Mel, you can't get rid of me! You know I'm here:cool1:! I love how straightforward you always are...but let's admit it, I'm here for cute Claudia pictures and stories:goodvibes!

All caught up. I loved the intros....especially peanut's picture. I'm ready for the good and the bad so bring it on.

Subbing on...

I'm sorry that everything didn't work out exactly the way you hoped but I'm sure it will make for some very interesting reading...:scratchin

I do hope that you did get some Disney magic... sometimes the trips that things don't go exactly as planned are the most funny in the long run (or not...depending on how dicey things got...;)

popcorn::

I'm here, yay!! Love the intro!! I'm excited to hear all the details! The good, the bad and the ugly make up life, there's no way around it and of course I wish nothing but happy Disney times but I'm glad to hear the honesty in trip reports!! :goodvibes

Hi Mel
I'm mainly a lurked on the Disboards & I've been looking forward to this trip report. My little boy was getting his hair cut at Mickey's barber shop the same day as Claudia. I thought I recognised you but wasn't 100% sure so chickened out of introducing myself. I thought Claudia was simply adorable :)
Looking forward to hearing all about your holiday.
Lucie
X

Mel, you can't get rid of me! You know I'm here:cool1:! I love how straightforward you always are...but let's admit it, I'm here for cute Claudia pictures and stories:goodvibes!

You mean my plan of getting rid of you did not work? :stir: Ah man!
Just kidding, of course! :duck:

I like that you appreciate my straightforwardness. It can get me in torubles sometimes, but I wouldn't trade it. ;) And don't worry, I have plenty of cute Claudia pictures. What else was I suppose to do every time I waited for Otaku and Ron to come back from a ride? :goodvibes

Count me in! A lot of the time those less than magical moments make the best stories :goodvibes

:welcome: I agree, it's always interesting to read about those not-so-great moments. Kinda like watching a car crash. I hope I live up to your expectations. :goodvibes

All caught up. I loved the intros....especially peanut's picture. I'm ready for the good and the bad so bring it on.

I made sure to choose an especially cute picture of her for the intro (not that it was a very hard task...) :cutie: It's good that you are ready for the bad, because that is what we will start with... The good will come later on.

Subbing on...

I'm sorry that everything didn't work out exactly the way you hoped but I'm sure it will make for some very interesting reading...:scratchin

I do hope that you did get some Disney magic... sometimes the trips that things don't go exactly as planned are the most funny in the long run (or not...depending on how dicey things got...;)

popcorn::

I'm happy you are here. :wave2:

Well I sure hope you guys will find it interesting. :confused3 Some of the things turned out fine in the long run, or do make for funny stories as you said. Like the time when I spilled chocolate all over myself (yep, that happened. :rotfl: ) Others just plain sucked, but they do make for some good lessons on how to do things better next time. :faint:

Joining in! I loved your last TR so this one is a must read. :)

Welcome back! It's nice to hear you liked my previous TR. :goodvibes

I'm here, yay!! Love the intro!! I'm excited to hear all the details! The good, the bad and the ugly make up life, there's no way around it and of course I wish nothing but happy Disney times but I'm glad to hear the honesty in trip reports!! :goodvibes

Glad you are here! :goodvibes You are totally right. Life isn't all rosy all the time, Disney included.

Hi Mel
I'm mainly a lurked on the Disboards & I've been looking forward to this trip report. My little boy was getting his hair cut at Mickey's barber shop the same day as Claudia. I thought I recognised you but wasn't 100% sure so chickened out of introducing myself. I thought Claudia was simply adorable :)
Looking forward to hearing all about your holiday.
Lucie
X

OMG are you kidding? You should have said Hi! That would have been so cool! :cool1::banana: I mean I understand, as I mentioned in the intro I'm shy and I probably would have chickened out as well. I just wish you hadn't. For sure having a Dismeet would have made it onto my list of accomplishments. :thumbsup2 We were there around 11:30am, does that sound right to you? Most of my pictures are zoomed in on Claudia, but you can see a few people in the mirror's reflection. Once I get to that update let me know if you see yourself. Do you have any picture of that time? I'd love to see if I remember seeing you. You can send them to me by PM if you don't want to post them. Oh, I almost forgot. Thank you and :welcome:

Haven't posted anything since Sept... I'm in.

:welcome: I hope you continue posting comments, I love reading them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter