"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

Love the pictures os Art of Animation at night. Quite a dramatic feel to it. I think Nemo would be my favourite section of the resort. We are big fans of Cars in our house (the original, not the second one) so I guess any section would be great but I do t see us staying in s suite any time soon.

I'm so sorry you were feeling too sick to stay out for the fireworks but I guess going to rest was for the best.

And what's up with your step daughter not liking Dole Whip? Haha. Beatriz doesn't like chocolate soI guess some people are wired like that. More for us I guess.

Looking forward to reading more.

Aw man, I know the feeling of a packed MK during holidays, thanksgiving was not fun either!! WOW! As if someone actually threw a punch!! Like, I know things get testy in those crowds, and usually a disagreement will break out, but an actual fist fight, that's intense, glad you guys got out of there!

I really do want to watch the fireworks from the Poly beach, seems like a great idea!! Glad some of your party got to do that! I hope you were feeling better the next day!!

I can't believe there was a fight!

Sorry you didn't feel up to watching the New Year fireworks, I really hope you felt better the next day!

Wow, I can't believe there was a fight in MK! :crazy2: What is wrong with people?? Fighting in Disney, not ok!

Sorry you didn't feel ok enough to watch the fireworks! :goodvibes One of the reasons I'd like to go for New Year's someday is to see those amazing fireworks, they just look so cool, and I'd love to watch them from the Poly beach! Hope the next day is better for you guys! :thumbsup2

Oh man what a crappy MK Experience. I hate that a fight broke out and that kids had to see it. That's the worst!

We had a plan going in for that night and we really should have stuck to it. At least we know not to make that same mistake again. Nevermind kids seeing it, it was so packed in there I really hope no kid got hurt!

Love the pictures os Art of Animation at night. Quite a dramatic feel to it. I think Nemo would be my favourite section of the resort. We are big fans of Cars in our house (the original, not the second one) so I guess any section would be great but I do t see us staying in s suite any time soon.

I'm so sorry you were feeling too sick to stay out for the fireworks but I guess going to rest was for the best.

And what's up with your step daughter not liking Dole Whip? Haha. Beatriz doesn't like chocolate soI guess some people are wired like that. More for us I guess.

Looking forward to reading more.

I can't even tell you what my favorite section of AoA is. They are all so great! It's too bad those suites are so expensive. Maybe one day they'll finally release a good discount for them and then you can try one.

I was feeling too sick to really be sad about missing the fireworks, that's a pretty good sign that I made the right decision.

Beatriz doesn't like chocolate? :eek You're right, more for us. :)

Aw man, I know the feeling of a packed MK during holidays, thanksgiving was not fun either!! WOW! As if someone actually threw a punch!! Like, I know things get testy in those crowds, and usually a disagreement will break out, but an actual fist fight, that's intense, glad you guys got out of there!

I really do want to watch the fireworks from the Poly beach, seems like a great idea!! Glad some of your party got to do that! I hope you were feeling better the next day!!

I really don't get how people can get so upset that they would physically punch someone, especially in Magic Kingdom! I was NOT staying around to figure out what happened, that's for sure.

Watching the fireworks from the Poly beach is a great idea in many circumstances. We ended our Disneymoon that way, and it was very relaxing and romantic. In this case, it was a great way to avoid the crowds. Sure you might not be able to get a lounge chair to sit on, but it's not like you would have been sitting in MK anyway. My friend who did the CP also watched the 4th of July fireworks from there and she said it was the best place! I can't believe you stayed at the Poly once and did not even do that! I know how much you like to go go go all the time, but trust me, it's worth it to slow down for this. :goodvibes

I can't believe there was a fight!

Sorry you didn't feel up to watching the New Year fireworks, I really hope you felt better the next day!

It was pretty unbelievable!

Stay tuned to find out how our next day turned out. ;)

Wow, I can't believe there was a fight in MK! :crazy2: What is wrong with people?? Fighting in Disney, not ok!

Sorry you didn't feel ok enough to watch the fireworks! :goodvibes One of the reasons I'd like to go for New Year's someday is to see those amazing fireworks, they just look so cool, and I'd love to watch them from the Poly beach! Hope the next day is better for you guys! :thumbsup2

Fighting is never okay, but fighting in Disney, in MK which is a park with no alcohol, it's just crazy and wrong. All I can hope is those people got kicked out of the park!

I hope you get a chance to go to Disney for NYE one year. And yes, definitely watch the fireworks from the Poly beach! Not only will you avoid the crowdedness, but you'll get the best view. Plus, you guys usually rent a car so you won't even have to go through the trouble of going back to MK to catch the bus. You can just walk to the TTC, or better yet, have an ADR at Kona or Ohana that same night and just park your car at the Poly. :thumbsup2

So scary that a fight broke out, but glad you got out of there just before it started and were all safe!

I'm really glad that the tree wasn't up in MK when I was there, as I really liked the view from the train station for pictures.

Glad Ron, Otaku and even Claudia got to enjoy Fantasy in the Sky, and he recorded it so you could watch it later. The screen captures look incredible! I hope you felt better the next day!

Awwww I'm sad you were too sick to enjoy your NYE :sad1: I am glad that at least Ron and the girls got to see the fireworks and that Claudia slept in for you guys! :goodvibes
I cannot believe someone threw punches in MK, that is just sad and total ridiculous, some people :sad2:

Can't wait to hear more!! :goodvibes

So sorry you weren't able to enjoy your New Year's celebration. I remember how excited you were for that during your PTR.
:scared1:about the fight right behind you. Sometimes I really wonder what gets into people.
Sure hope getting some rest helps you feel better the next day.

Ok, i'm here and subbed! So, I know EXACTLY what a bad idea pushing yourself that first day is! YOu can look forward to that from me as well lol! The fireworks look amazing! Sorry you had to miss them, but it was smart to go back and rest! I'm tired for Otaku and Ron reading that 1:15 arrival home lolol

Love the PP pics! Wow! MK sounds crazy. I can't believe that people were fighting on Main Street. :scared1:

The Poly sounds like a really nice place to watch the fireworks, but I am so sorry that you weren't feeling well.

aew I hate being sick at Disney,especially when its to a point that you can't enjoy what you know you normally would :sad1:

I'm sorry you didn't feel well! The only time I was in Disney for NYE we didn't have a good time either (because we were stupid and didn't plan right though.) I've been sick at Disney before and it's the worst. I hope you started feeling better the next day!

Who fights at Disneyworld? Like, seriously? :(

I hate to hear you were so sick on your trip- UGH- when we went both my boys had the snots and that was aggravating to wipe noses the entire time but geez, dizzy and nauseous is the worst!! :(

What a crazy night at MK! I can't believe a fist fight broke out. Well maybe I can, people get a little crazy about spots for parades. I think that's why I hate waited to watch them and usually skip out.

The fireworks from the Poly beach looked beautiful, sorry you didn't get to stay and watch them.

So scary that a fight broke out, but glad you got out of there just before it started and were all safe!

I'm really glad that the tree wasn't up in MK when I was there, as I really liked the view from the train station for pictures.

Glad Ron, Otaku and even Claudia got to enjoy Fantasy in the Sky, and he recorded it so you could watch it later. The screen captures look incredible! I hope you felt better the next day!

I can't believe that not only did a fight broke out, but we were standing right there just seconds before! I can't at least be thankful that we didn't get caught in it. The night would have been catastrophic instead of just bad.

I love Christmas trees, but I strongly dislike the one at MK. It's not even that special compared to some of the other trees (like the one at AK!), and it's in the worse possible place. Everyone traveling before the parade taping like you did are lucky not to have it block their view of the castle.

I'm glad that they were able to enjoy their night despite knowing I was sick. It was very nice of Ron to tape it for me.

Awwww I'm sad you were too sick to enjoy your NYE :sad1: I am glad that at least Ron and the girls got to see the fireworks and that Claudia slept in for you guys! :goodvibes
I cannot believe someone threw punches in MK, that is just sad and total ridiculous, some people :sad2:

Can't wait to hear more!! :goodvibes

NYE is one of my favorite holiday, and I love fireworks, especially fireworks in Disney. :sad1: Next year I am so taking that flu shot. I've learned my lesson!

Claudia sleeping in was awesome! And much needed!

Sad and ridiculous are two great words to describe what happened. Certainly not something I ever thought I would witness at WDW.

So sorry you weren't able to enjoy your New Year's celebration. I remember how excited you were for that during your PTR.
:scared1:about the fight right behind you. Sometimes I really wonder what gets into people.
Sure hope getting some rest helps you feel better the next day.

I know! I LOVE fireworks and that was one of the one thing I was looking for the most. Even in the days leading up to the trip, since I was so sick I tried to revise my "must-do" list to only a few real MUST-do, and that was one of them.
Fights are bad, but to think we could have been caught in it had we waited 10 more seconds to get out of that crowd... crazy! :crazy2:

Ok, i'm here and subbed! So, I know EXACTLY what a bad idea pushing yourself that first day is! YOu can look forward to that from me as well lol! The fireworks look amazing! Sorry you had to miss them, but it was smart to go back and rest! I'm tired for Otaku and Ron reading that 1:15 arrival home lolol

Woohoo! Glad you could make it! :cool1::cool1:
Oooh, I can't wait to read about what happened on your first day or because of it. I'm really sad I missed the fireworks, but I try not to think about it too much. Ron is a night owl, and Otaku is a teenager, so coming home that late did not bother them too much. Plus, Peanut let us all sleep in the next day, so it made it easier. ;)

Love the PP pics! Wow! MK sounds crazy. I can't believe that people were fighting on Main Street. :scared1:

The Poly sounds like a really nice place to watch the fireworks, but I am so sorry that you weren't feeling well.

Thanks. I was pretty disappointed with the PP borders this time, but I do love the Happy New Year one. MK was nuts. Well, at least the hub was. Town Square was not so bad, especially since there were no more parades schedules that evening.

The Poly is a wonderful place to watch the fireworks. We're thinking of making this a tradition.

aew I hate being sick at Disney,especially when its to a point that you can't enjoy what you know you normally would :sad1:

I wouldn't have minded being sick so much if it had not been nausea. It's the one thing that will totally knock me down.

I'm sorry you didn't feel well! The only time I was in Disney for NYE we didn't have a good time either (because we were stupid and didn't plan right though.) I've been sick at Disney before and it's the worst. I hope you started feeling better the next day!

Well, we did plan, but we were stupid and didn't follow the plan. I think had we not even tried to get into MK, or at the very least stuck to Town Square like we said we would, the night might have been very different.

Seems everyone gets sick at Disney at least once. Let's hope this was our one and only time. Or at least the worst.

Who fights at Disneyworld? Like, seriously? :(

I hate to hear you were so sick on your trip- UGH- when we went both my boys had the snots and that was aggravating to wipe noses the entire time but geez, dizzy and nauseous is the worst!! :(

Some people lack common sense.

Yeah, I can deal with runny nose, cough, even headache and stomach ache no problem. But nausea? No way.

What a crazy night at MK! I can't believe a fist fight broke out. Well maybe I can, people get a little crazy about spots for parades. I think that's why I hate waited to watch them and usually skip out.

The fireworks from the Poly beach looked beautiful, sorry you didn't get to stay and watch them.

Some people really let their emotions take over.

We usually prefer to show up last minute for parades and fireworks. We're willing having to give up the best spot if it means not wasting time and not having to stress over keeping our spot.

The fireworks were incredible, or so I've been told.

Day 2 part 1 The One Where They Take It Slow

Claudia slept about 7 hours (why cant you do that at home peanut?) and woke us up around 8:30am. We took the morning very slow, especially since I was feeling super nauseous again. After a while Ron and I walked to Landscape of Flavors to get boiling water for Claudia. We wanted to get breakfast, but even at 10 am it was still packed. I guess everybody decided to sleep in after staying up late for NYE. We said forget it wand walked back to the room. We had seen a little cart in between the Lion King and Little Mermaid sections that sold some breakfast items so we headed there and I got cereals. I picked at them, but the nausea remained.

At some point Ron and Otaku took Claudia for a walk so that I could sleep some more. They went to play in the arcade. They may also have gotten some food, but there is no photographic evidence of this so who knows. I couldnt sleep so I joined them. I felt so sad and desperate. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry, which is NOT what you are suppose to feel when you are in the most magical place on earth. Just before heading back to the room Ron stopped by the Ink & Paint shop and found some Pepto Bismol tablets. I took them and slowly started to feel better. THANK GOD! I had also been taking airborne and my iron supplement each day trying to boost my immune system, so I felt like I was taking a whole bunch of medicine, but I didnt care. I wanted to not feel like death anymore.

Otaku was itching to go to a park, so we decided to go ahead with our Animal Kingdom plans. I do have food pictures at this point, so maybe they had not stopped at the food court earlier. I believe Otaku and Ron shared the Tandoori chicken and Otaku had a strawberry-banana smoothie again. I did not forget to take a picture this time, so I guess I was feeling better.

1314_zps443a71fe.jpg

1315_zps06e9fcfb.jpg

I had a super tiny bite of the naan bread and it tasted okay. While they were eating Peanut was busy looking at the back of her eyelids.

1313_zps51240348.jpg

We had a little bit of a wait at the bus stop, but nothing major. Peanut did not nap for very long. She was already awake while we were waiting.

076_zpsf8d56a4b.jpg

The bus took us straight to the park. We saw the giant Christmas tree.

079_zps4f7529e8.jpg

We also took PP pictures with said tree.

Photo0007FourBySix_zps34b52321.jpg

Photo0008FourBySix_zps291e9fd7.jpg

Photo0009FourBySix_zpsead2d0fd.jpg

We looked into the little gift shop outside of the park as we wanted to buy a little something to put on the stroller so we would easily recognize it from far, and hopefully no other family would mistake it for theirs. We got this princess hair tie.

011_zpsbf6b3d1a.jpg

I also found some really nice Minnie ears I wanted, but they felt way smaller than the other ones and were already hurting my head after 30 seconds of wearing them, so I passed. We knew the Jingle Jungle parade would be starting soon and walked straight to Africa. I thought it would start there, go around Discovery Island, then come back via the pathway to Asia like the usual parade, but it wasnt the case. I have no idea where this parade started from, but it took a while before it got to us.

I may have been feeling better, but I wasnt *that* great and standing in the surprisingly hot sun did not help. Claudia and I sat on the ground while we were waiting.

080_zps85fecb4a.jpg

081_zpse76bef21.jpg

The family right in front of us was sitting too, but unfortunately they got up when it started so we had to get up too. Our view was slightly obstructed, but not too bad.

082_zpsaa26e14b.jpg

It is almost impossible for me to take a photo of Claudia without her looking at me. I swear she has a sixth sense when it comes to the camera.

084_zpsb71de046.jpg

There, thats better. She was looking at the giant floats.

086_zpsc2b124fb.jpg

I have lots of parade pics. Enjoy!

087_zpsc288c83b.jpg

088_zps5a673df5.jpg

089_zps1476139c.jpg

090_zpsb5a79a3c.jpg

This parade is basically the same as the regular AK parade, except the floats have some Holiday decorations. I dont remember if the music was different, but I would guess yes it was.

092_zps8bd1c93b.jpg

093_zps069d7c54.jpg

094_zps26b74292.jpg

I like all the stockings.

095_zps4456157e.jpg

097_zpsda844ea0.jpg

098_zps6ed89ac8.jpg

Claudias face lit up when she saw Mickey Mouse. She recognized him from watching the Clubhouse on TV!

099_zps1113f9e6.jpg

It was already past 4pm by the time the parade was over. The Safari was closing soon and the standby line was pretty long, so we skipped it. The park was still open for another 4 hours though, so what did we do?

Good thing Ron found the Pepto Bismol and it helped some, even if the sun and heat made it worse again.

I love all of the parade pictures, as I missed seeing it this past trip (though for a good reason!). The picture of Ron holding Claudia while she looks at the floats is ADORABLE!!! :love:

Good thing Ron found the Pepto Bismol and it helped some, even if the sun and heat made it worse again.

I love all of the parade pictures, as I missed seeing it this past trip (though for a good reason!). The picture of Ron holding Claudia while she looks at the floats is ADORABLE!!! :love:

I don't know what I would have done without the Pepto Bismol! Thankfully the sun and heat only made it slightly worse, and as soon as we started moving again I was better.

The parade at AK is my favorite day time parade. Glad you enjoyed the pictures!

Thanks! It's so hard to get a picture of her like that, but I'm glad I got it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter