This is NOT good news...

Very interesting news - thanks for posting the link!

:rolleyes: Looks like Ei$ner$ got overseas problems now!

Whenever an article starts off saying that something "is in the hands of the French government" there's reason to shudder.:eek:

Originally posted by grinningghost
Whenever an article starts off saying that something "is in the hands of the French government" there's reason to shudder.:eek:
The only thing worse would be the French Military. :eek:

French Military ?????? Would that be considered an oxymoron ? Doesn't "Military" imply at least a willingness to fight ?

In the hands of the French Government...

Does that mean the French are gonna run the place until the Germans take it over?

For Sale:

French firearms.. like new, never fired, dropped once..smjj

Interesting that numbers are down and revenues are basically flat. I visited DLP in 1997 and thought it was the most beautiful Disney park which need a couple more attractions. Alas, I visited in 2002 and DLP itself had no new attractions. The new park is pathetic. I have no inkling to go back and I'm not surprised that numbers are dropping.

The odd thing to me is that apparently Europeans aren't going to Florida like they once did but they're also not visiting EuroDisney. I wonder why?

Originally posted by Planogirl
The odd thing to me is that apparently Europeans aren't going to Florida like they once did but they're also not visiting EuroDisney. I wonder why?

I'm a European and have an idea why we're not flocking to WDW- we don't get the special offers. The FTP wasn't even promoted over here (I had to tell my travel agent about it)- I never saw it mentioned in any of our travel sections. Throw in a bad exchange rate with the euro (although it has really improved for us over the last year) high cost of airline flights and you'll see why it's difficult to pay rack rate.

We do get a fair amount of advertising/special offers for DLP (they were running the free nights a year before WDW offered it), but to me DLP is still expensive. We dallied with the idea of going there instead of florida, but even with the specials, it just didn't seem good value. Taking the airfare out of the equation, WDW is much better value for money than DLP. I found it difficult to justify the price of a DLP vacation.

IMO they should have built the park in Spain- weather is better, people are friendlier and you can have a beach holiday at the same time.

Thanks 123JOANNA123 for the information. I had no idea that EuroDisney was so expensive. It's too bad, this seems self-defeating in a way.

IMO they should have built the park in Spain- weather is better, people are friendlier and you can have a beach holiday at the same time.
At the time part of the reasoning was that Paris was in the centre of the continent (?) and near a large population centre that attracted lots of visitors anyway. Using that logic, WDW should be just outside New York City.

Well, having worked at DLP...which is very easy to get to using the SNCF and local rail lines....and also visiting the area that was second choice in Spain (where Port Aventura was eventually built)...I understand why Paris was the choice. Have you ever ridden the spanish rail lines??? I get sick thinking about the experience. For all of you that are scared to ride Mission: SPACE....STAY AWAY FROM THE SPANISH TRAINS!!!!!

Hows about this tread focus on the topic at hand, not at French Bashing? Good! From what I have read on other sites, this is not as bad as what happened in 1994 when the then EuroDisney opened.

I like the spain idea. The weather and proximity to beach are great benefits.

I'm sure that Disney looked at it (and many other countries). It would be interesting to see what their "pros and cons" list. Potential audience (population) probably had the most weighting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter