This is just so wrong

LisaInNc

Succulent Wild Woman
There are so many people crashing that when you do get into the staff room there is no one else there! That happened to me twice. Each time I spin and win and then crash. Many other times I just crash before I get it. I have been in line constantly since 11:30. Not a single prize. I am cleaning in this room so it has not held me up but I think that it is disgraceful that they are not doing something about this like maybe opening a few more rooms!

Since I am always the last to know...this is the first I have heard of this game. I have not tried it yet but probably won't now. You would think VMK would have learned by now. "Free prizes! come to this ONE room and play!" HOW many people play VMK???? There are over 3000 at any given point that I go on. This is the stupidest most badly-thought-out idea I have heard from VMK yet!

~Mia

the only reason i can possibly think of for them not opening another room or two is because they don't have enough staff to do it. that does not mean that i don't think they should have prepared better. just an idea of what the reason might be.

Lisa,

both my kids keep crashing soon as they get in the room, well actually ther are in there 2-3 minutes at most. they get in the line, but then crash.

If you actually get in again, can you just ask to pints to babs? lol

1. Why the double hockey sticks is there only 1 room?

2. and probably more important, and an easy fix, could she PUHLEASE take that stupid bubbling caldron and those candles out of her room. She doesnt need them in there, and with:

a: the long wait
b:the number of people in the room, who all want to talk when they get in and
c: all the movement of the candles and cauldron, it is just too much to try and overcome.

by the time you wait your 30-40 minuts to get in, the room tries to load and does for 2-3 minutes but it is just too much.

they have gotten in line, but tnowhere near the front of it likei did earlier. All told they have probaly made it to the room about 20 times so far.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i've been using 4 characters on two seperate computers and the second any of them get into a room a minute into it it crashes. Now one or two characters I can understand..people having problems with random crashing but 4 out of 4!!!! 4 out of 4!!! I am so frustrated *add cursing and swearing here like a sailor* 2 out of 4 ok but 4 out of 4!

I have been running two characters steadily since 11:30 and not a single prize awarded. It is not like they do no know about the crashes. There are two staff members sitting in that room.

I do not buy then not having enough staff they had this planned for a while. They really should be able to do something!

What they should have done was have the costume part one day, and number generator the next day. That way the staff could put all of their efforts into one event one day, and the second event the other day. They could have done twice as much, and saved people from being aggrevated.

NJ Mike said:
Lisa,

both my kids keep crashing soon as they get in the room, well actually ther are in there 2-3 minutes at most. they get in the line, but then crash.

If you actually get in again, can you just ask to pints to babs? lol

1. Why the double hockey sticks is there only 1 room?

2. and probably more important, and an easy fix, could she PUHLEASE take that stupid bubbling caldron and those candles out of her room. She doesnt need them in there, and with:

a: the long wait
b:the number of people in the room, who all want to talk when they get in and
c: all the movement of the candles and cauldron, it is just too much to try and overcome.

by the time you wait your 30-40 minuts to get in, the room tries to load and does for 2-3 minutes but it is just too much.

they have gotten in line, but tnowhere near the front of it likei did earlier. All told they have probaly made it to the room about 20 times so far.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree with you more! My son has tried countless times to get in. Once he got in without crashing. He was next in line, and crash! They really need to get these bugs fixed. He has spent hours trying to get in there and play.

TLinden16 said:
What they should have done was have the costume part one day, and number generator the next day. That way the staff could put all of their efforts into one event one day, and the second event the other day. They could have done twice as much, and saved people from being aggrevated.

totally agree

Why spend HOURS getting in when you can get in, crash, and SURELY VMK will do what you guys said they did with the Maze Event and give us, the desprate people that try and try again but always seem to fail, the prizes that are rightfully ours since when we got in and won an inferno we crashed right before we hit that little check button labeled accept trade and if they don't I say we block off the entry to the castle with our characters until they do! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

This is just insane. I've been trying all day to get in for a chance to get a Dancing Inferno pin, and I keep getting bumped off while I'm waiting in line - or even when I'm IN THE ROOM and have two people standing ahead of me!

It's infuriating. And what makes it worse is that there's no other way to get the Inferno pin. If I could have a random chance every day to win it, that would be different; but to only have these rare chances and to keep getting disconnected, that's just maddening!

And I'm not even doing anything else with the computer that's connected to VMK while I'm waiting in line, so nothing else is going on that could mess up my connection!

:( :( :(

I am with you!!! I cannot figure out why they cannot plan an event appropriately. Go figure. When I saw a wait of 600 people in the machine and then the garbage with the Castle Forecourt, it really sets me off. I have had to deal with the girls ticked because the computer crashes when they get in the room only to find out that Staff entered after the one left. I guess the girls quest for the inferno will have to continue. :confused3

Diaster! rant this time.

I feel like a broken record! IF VMK can NOT do an event without all this crashing and with no forthought then they should NOT do an event at all...

Of course you are going to get the "I love VMK" this event was great from most everyone who won inferno today. I did not say EVERYONE so don't flame me for that comment, please.

This event or should I said the Random Number Generator part of this event was a complete Screw up yet again. After attempting it one time that was enough for me! Thank Goodness I have finally learned from past events and stayed away.

Now the Costume judging part is another story I won a Pin and a Candy Cauldron no inferno yet.(which they still actually owe me from the last screwup of an event!-so I quess now we are close to even they still owe me Magic from another failed event but I have no hopes of ever seeing that!)

Only complaint I have with it is that VMK_whoever should clear the instance after every award, thus keeping people from staying in the instance for the next staff to come by and giving more people a chance to win prizes.

Mal

I just got disconnected from VMK when I was "waiting in a queue behind 4 other players" to get into the random number generator room. FOUR OTHER PLAYERS!

The problem is that the VMK, based on Habbo Hotel, is buggy. There's really no reason why it should drop player connections. There's also no reason why it should crash when people are dancing in the room. It's fine for a small game where people are wandering around and chatting, but it's just not ready for a situation where hundreds of people are trying to participate in some online event.

If I were in charge of the technical aspects of the VMK, I would be demanding better accountability from the developers.

If I were in charge of the technical aspects of the VMK, I would be demanding better accountability from the developers.

Let's see I said that after the first event and the second and the third and got slammed for it....

I totally agree with you EL!

Mal

ok, to break it down to the most common sense aspect.

1. at any given time, there are anywhere from 2-4,000 people on during a weekend day AT ONE TIME, we are not talking about the whole day people, we are picking out 1 single second in time on vmk. 2-4,000 people all in there, and heading SOMEWHERE.

2. If you hold an event, and have a game, it would stand to reason most, if not all, of those people would want to play.

3. What possible explanation could you have to expect 2-4,000 people all to cram into one room to play a game? Seriously. 1 room...let that sink in a minute...1 room? Who the heck decided that??? Somebody had to..Somebody had to say, yeah that'll work. Honestly, if they did not forsee any type of problem whatsoever in only having one room, then they REALLY should not be staff. I mean really. They shouldnt.

(oh and dont give me that "they will be staggered thoughout the day stuff, because EVERY MINUTE of the day today there were ALWAYS 3-4,000 people in vmk. So yes, they may be staggered, but you are staggering groups of 3-4,000 people at a time. )

I mean i thought the maze event was poorly planned and executed, i could never dream that they would have such a massive screw up as this generator game. Even expecting them to mess it all up, it STILL boggles the mind, the level of ineptitude they have hit today. :rolleyes:

ok the vein in the neck is throbbing too much now, i think i will go watch something calming and not as stressful as vmk, like football. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter