This is getting ridiculous ... pick your lunch meal in ADVANCE!!

For the most part, I like the idea. As an AP holder, I go to WDW several times a year and usually know what I'm going to order before I even enter the restaurant. The only thing that concerns me, is they said it would be offered at check in, so it sounds like it will only be offered for onsite guests. For my upcoming May trip, I'm staying at Bonnet Creek, so would not be eligible for it. With the great rate I found booking through a third party ($89.50/night for a one bedroom condo), it looks like I may now be staying at Bonnet Creek for most of my trips. I'd hate to think that I may have to wait in line longer, just because I wasn't staying in a Disney owned resort.:sad: If it was just during the testing phase, it wouldn't be a big deal, but they need to find a way that allows offsite guests to utilize it too. Onsite guests get the 180+10 advantage for ADRs, which is fine, but at CS restaurants if this new system causes walkups to have to wait longer, then it needs to be equal for offsite guests too.

I actually saw this new system!

For a few days I was part of a test of Disney's entire new web site. It had some glitches, and everyone who was a part of the test had to re-retrieve all their room and dining reservations. Once I had done that, I went back to my daily routine of searching for a BOG reservation at this new site. On the BOG dining reservation search page was a 'FASTPASS/Request' (I think that was what it was called) button, I clicked on it and it was not working... yet.

It looks like you make the request on line, just like a sit down dining ressie :)

Again the entire new site was a work in progress, there where many complaints, but I was liking what I saw! Then, poof, they took it away and I am back to the old website again :sad:. Sure wish I had taken some screen shots to share.

For my upcoming May trip, I'm staying at Bonnet Creek, so would not be eligible for it. With the great rate I found booking through a third party ($89.50/night for a one bedroom condo), it looks like I may now be staying at Bonnet Creek for most of my trips. I'd hate to think that I may have to wait in line longer, just because I wasn't staying in a Disney owned resort.:sad:

When we pay a premium for staying on property we get certain perks like this. We exchange money for time in the form of EMH, things like this and whatever else Disney comes up with. Yes, part of the higher price pays for the pixie dust of the hotels and grounds but I expect the extra perks that Disney offers for resort guests only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter