This Is A Poncho-Free Zone!--May 22-29, 2010 PTR (New PTR!!!! 5/31)

nice updates!! I LOVE the dresses!!!

Your Dec ADRs look great! I did eat at Garden Grill Dec 2008 and the food was horrible :( So horrible that we ended up going back to POP and ate at the food court :( I was with 2 of my roommates (for our wdw professional internships) and we were doing a weekend resort get-away and ate at a bunch of Epcot resorts in the weekend and it was by far the worst. I had heard horrible reviews on here and from my Uncles fam but ate there anyways bc it was a goal of ours to eat at all the Epcot restaurants.
The character interaction was wonderful though!

Great field day pictures!! Like I said on FB, love how Ally's hairbow exactly matches her t!
Great ADR choices!! Your family loves CTR! Also-- glad you decided to go with WCC on the first night! You'll get to get to bed at a decent time to enjoy your first full day!
Have fun at the Star Wars concert! DBF is a huge SW fan and we've watched some of that on YouTube-- amazing! You guys'll have a great time!

Field day looks like a lot of fun! I am assuming your new house is in the same school district as your old one? Or is she just switching for next year?

I can't help with Christmas ADRs as we have never been that time of year but you are going to LOVE Le Cellier. It was so good!!! I'm sure after you eat there this time you will definitely want to book CP there!

Oh and I started my TR if you want to check it out!:goodvibes

Great pictures from Ally's Field Day! Jared was supposed to have his on Friday but it rained out, not sure if they are going to reschedule it or not :confused3

On the ADRs, as far as which to pay OOP for, we paid for our CP package OOP. I priced it out and decided that it just wasn't worth using two credits for. That being said, we ate at a Tier 2 restaurant and Le Cellier is Tier 1 and therefore more expensive. The price is a set amount, so I would just compare the two (CP pkg vs CRT) and see which would be cheaper to pay for OOP.

On Garden Grill, we have eaten here before, it's been awhile (Oct 2006) but we by no means found the food to be horrible. It wasn't the best meal we had all week, but it was fine and the character interaction was some of the best we've ever had.

On your MVMCP day, if you decide that you want to do dinner, I'd eat early so you don't miss any of the party. Maybe eat a late brunch and an early dinner that day and then fill in with snacks if you need to????

Yay! for being one week away that is so exciting! I am glad you are all checked in and you room requests are sent. I hope you get them.

For your ADRs they look great! We have a lot of the same reservations. I typed my comments in pink:

1) Whispering Canyon (dinner): 1st night we're there (We've never been but have reservations there this trip, can't wait to hear what you think)
2) Boma (dinner): AK day (never been, but have heard great things)
3) O'hana (dinner): maybe a day we're at MK?! (love it here! great choice and a good choice for a MK day!)
4) 1900 Park Fare (breakfast): day we go to HS?! (This looks so cute! We have dinner reservations our first night in October)
5) Le Cellier (lunch or dinner?): book for CP package (The food is so good! I highly recommend the filet with cream cheese mashed potatoes and the chocolate "moose" for dessert)
6) CRT (dinner): day we're at MK and do BBB (Dinner here is so good, I like it better than the breakfast and now that the characters are the same for all meals that is so exciting! We have reservations here for our MNSSHP night)
7) Garden Grill (dinner): day we're at Epcot (are the characters at dinner?) (Yes the characters are at the dinner, we also are going here for the first time in October can't wait to see what you think)

For MVMCP, I would eat dinner at Liberty Tree tavern. The meal is traditional holiday food and IMO very good. I think that would definitely put you in the Christmas spirit before the party! Just save room for the free hot cocoa and cookies at the party!

I would probably pay CRT OOP. Depending on what you order at Le Cellier your bill could be bigger than CRT and CRT is a meal that is prepaid so you will know exactly what you are spending up front.

Ally's field day was too cute, I remember doing something like that in elementary school as well. How fun. And the Tiana dresses are just adorable and the wrapping was so cute! I am so excited for you for this trip, you are going to have a great time and I will pray for no rain for you!!!!

Love the ADRs for your next trip! Yum!

Ally's field day looks like fun! And what cute dresses! Both girls look happy with them!

I can't believe we'll be in Disney in less than a week!!!!

Love the field day pictures! Field day is so much fun, but I'm usually exhausted at the end of the day!

Love the pillow case dresses, where did you find the material? I've been on the look out for Tiana material, but haven't found it around here.

I'm sure Brent will enjoy Star Wars in Concert. Ben and I went in December for his early Christmas present. It was awesome! I really enjoyed it too! :yoda:

I'm all caught up. A lot to comment on. First, I'm glad that your Mother's Day turned out well. When I read your story about the morning before church I felt so bad for you. Why does everything happen when you are trying to get out the door for church?

All of the items you got when shopping are so cute. The bathing suits & the stroller are SO CUTE.

Just so that you know, we are STILL considering a trip during the holidays at the same time as you. Hopefully more details at my job will happen soon, so I will let you know when I know anything. Fingers crossed!!

Those dresses are adorable! So exciting you're so close AND you have your next trip planned.

:woohoo: for being checked in!! :woohoo: how exciting your trip is coming up so quickly! How's the packing going?

The picture from field day are great!! Ally looked like she had a great time.

:love: Love the pillowcase dresses your friend made the girls. Adorable :goodvibes:

December ADRs: could you consider doing 1900 PF for your MVMCP dinner? For DHS day, you could try Olivia's or Mama Melrose's, Sci Fi? WL in december :love: how I would love to see it all decked out. One of these days.

Catching up on your TR...We are going Nov. 28 through Dec. 4, staying at BWV. Trying to decide our ADRs...thinking of many of the same ones you are. Planning on MVMCP on Tues., Nov. 30. So excited!

wow Becky !! seems like yesterday when you started preparing for this trip that's only less than a week away.... :cool1::banana::cool1::banana:
Before your trip in NovDec you need to convince Brent for a Halloween trip for 2011...:rolleyes1 if not I will miss your PTR's and TR's I have been following you since last year....:surfweb:
Are you excited that for your trip in Nov/dec Claire is going to be able to go to BBB ..yeah !!!!

Definetely Whisp Canyon one of my favorite places in Disney :thumbsup2

Lulu

Yay, Yay, Yay for being checked in! SO exciting!

Love the field day pics! Ally looks like she is having so much fun. :thumbsup2

The only restaurant on your list that I have tried is Boma and it was fabulous! You have to be a little adventurous and willing to try new things, but the food was delicious! It's also a gorgeous restaurant....lots of little touches to look at. I highly recommend it!

The Tiana dresses are so cute! Your girls must be the best dressed girls around!

I'm glad you got some answers about your house...I'm sure that is a relief. I'm still praying that it sells soon!

Can't wait to hear more of you "week before Disney" preparations! :goodvibes

I can't believe you leave in 5 days!!! It looks like Ally had a great time at Field Day. Since our schools get out much later than yours, Madison's field day isn't until June 18th! Love the pillowcase dresses for the girls. They are so cute!

OMG, I'm so excited for you to be leaving this week! I love that last week of packing and rushing around!

:thumbsup2 for getting your WL ressie booked! I think I'd choose Liberty Tree for our meal before MVMCP. Very traditionally holiday-ish.

Loved the dance school pics - Claire's ballet costume was beautiful!:goodvibes

Becky-Yes, we are still planning for breakfast at Akershus on that Wednesday next week. So we'll see you there! I'm so excited that our trips are so close! :woohoo:

Field Day looks like fun---Reid had his this past Thursday. It was a little cloudy that day, which worked out great, because it kept the heat down a little.

Your possible ADRs for your Nov. trip look good. Having done MVMCP before, I would suggest that you don't take up party time with an ADR for dinner. If you wanted a table service meal that day, I would definitely make it for breakfast or lunch. Something to think about! :)

Your ADRs look great, and we have a few of the same ones! Too bad we'll be there a week apart. :sad1:

I read some somewhat disturbing news about Le Cellier yesterday, though. It looks like it's going to a 2 TS credit. I can't say I'm surprised, but it may put a wrinkle in our December plans. You might want to think about how that change would affect yours. I can't remember if you'll be doing the dining plan then, but even if you're not, the article I read says that they menu will change to better reflect the prices and offerings of other 2 TS credit locations.

This change is expected to take place sometime from the fall of this year to the beginning of next year. Hopefully it's the latter and won't affect us. I'm going to make a Plan B just in case.

Love the dress!!! VERY cute!
Your ADR's look great too! :thumbsup2
Sorry the house fell through for those people. I'm sure that they were disappointed.
Not too many days left on your countdown!!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter