This guy I know actually said this...

arthur06

DDC #689
Where I work, I am kind the resident Disney Expert. Mostly by default, because the people I work with think that traveling is a waste of money...:confused3

So he asks me yesterday if I thought his plan was feasable...

he says "My wife and I are going to Orlando and have 3 days to do anything that we want."

I say "that will be awesome, there is TONS of stuff to do"

he says "my wife really want to go to Seaworld and I really want to go to Busch Gardens"

I say "Those are fun"

He says "but people are telling me that if im going that far that I need to go to Universal Studios and Disney"

I say "do what you want"

He says "I was thinking that we would just do Universal, Disney, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens"

I say "In 3 days"

He says "yeah, is that too much"

I know I am very fortinute and blessed to have my DVC, but come on...really... Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens in 3 days??

People really just don't realize how big Disney is...or how far apart those theme parks are.

So what did you say when he asked if that was too much?

:rotfl2: That is pretty funny (well, to us on these boards who know better)...

I think people who have never been to Orlando - to any of the Theme Parks - have no idea what they have gotten into until they get there!

Also, does he realize how much all that is going to cost?!?! :rolleyes1

People really just don't realize how big Disney is...or how far apart those theme parks are.

So what did you say when he asked if that was too much?

I told him that I could easily spend 3 days at Magic Kingdom and have a blast...

He responded with "what is magic kingdom"

Wow I just love when people ask these innocent questions, or your going to Disney again!!! haha I LOVE that one!

it was hard to make my bro and his family truly understand just how big WDW was until they got there. it isn't easily fathomable until you've seen it yourself. we are west coasters... we are used to Disneyland... heck I have not even been since they opened the new park next to DL so imagine the shock if anybody was like me and only saw DL and tried to comprehend the size. Don't belittle him, just politely explain just how large it truly is.

WAIT! There are other parks besides Disney in Orlando?!?! Who knew?!?! :earsboy:

Honestly, I've never been to any other parks. Every time I contemplate it, I decide against it. Although... the new Harry Potter area at Universal is awful tempting!

WAIT! There are other parks besides Disney in Orlando?!?! Who knew?!?! :earsboy:

Honestly, I've never been to any other parks. Every time I contemplate it, I decide against it. Although... the new Harry Potter area at Universal is awful tempting!

Same here. We will never go to any parks in Orlando besides Disney (nor rent a car probably). I live in Texas, and we have a Sea World less than 2 hours away. And Universal? We go there in Hollywood, CA, when we visit Southern California.

Unlike those places, there is absolutely no substitute for Disney World.

I am a huge baseball fan, yet I would never waste even 4 hours going to a Spring Training game on any Florida trip in March. I can see baseball anywhere. Baseball road trips are awesome, but not at the expense of quality Disney World time.

And for some reason, I even have a hard time bringing myself to hanging around swimming at a hotel or going to a water park at Disney. We have pools we swim in all the time and (better) water parks in Texas. But as my kids get older, I assume I'll yield on this one and show them Blizzard Beach and/or Typhoon Lagoon.

When most people I work with start discussing Disney, I usually have to resist the urge to smack them upside the head. :rotfl: I will offer advice *when asked*, but I've found that most people think they have it all figured out so unsolicited advice goes in one ear and out the other. Still, hearing about their mis-adventures when they come home isn't too bad... ;)

My DH is a Disney veteran and STILL calls AK "The Lion Kingdom". :confused:

I got a laugh out of your post! Its so true about not understanding just how big everything is. My first advice to anyone who asks an innocent question is...study the maps of the parks. If you have a sense of where you are, you can navigate and along the way the magic will happen. If you are constantly feeling like you are lost, that is just no fun!

:rotfl2: I am the Disney expert in the family and the office. I love helping plan vacations for friends and family. I usually do a Disney vacation and then the "other" parks vacation. Now we are DVC members, that is going to be hard. Doing a Mother and son Disney vacation in 2 weeks then the big family Disney vacation in August. Now sister is talking about going to SeaWorld just to ride Manta. Hate to break it to her but she is on her own in that one. She has forgotten how Disney will just utilize the whole week with theme parks and water parks, let alone relaxing by the pool.:laughing:

To help people understand, I tell them that Disney World is 47 square miles.

To help people understand, I tell them that Disney World is 47 square miles.

That is often my response as well. Sometimes I say "we've been going about every other year for years, and we haven't managed to do everything yet."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter