This fantasmic! 2 times a week STINKS!

dburg30

Ferb, I know what we're going to do today!
We were in the world 1/12 - 1/16. So F! was only going to be shown Monday or Thursday, same as spectromagic. So, since I had my 75 year old mom with me for her first trip, I figured that DHS would be the quickest one, and we could do some Monday, and do some friday before we left. So Monday night we were doing F!. We did a few of the misc attractions and heading for the F! area about 6:30 for the 7 showing. As we turned to head towards TOT heading that way they had CM's in the streets at that point saying that is was full to capacity already including standing room. Yes, I know that they suggest 45 minutes before, but I wouldnt be suprised if that may have not been early enough to get a seat.

I dont know what the deal is, if it's just the 2 nights a week, or if it was left over crowds from the marathon weekend, but I'll admit I was bummed that we didnt get to see it.

I'll step off my soapbox now.

We were at Disney from Jan. 10th to the 16th inclusive.

We planned our visit to DHS for Thursday the 15th just so we could see Fantasmic. Thought it would be a great end to our vacation, as we flew out of Orlando late Friday morning.

Unfortunately, they cancelled Fantasmic's showing that night. Not sure why....it wasn't raining, though it was quite chilly (do they cancel due to cold? And I say "cold" with a smile......it was -18 degrees Celcius at Pearson International Airport in Toronto yesterday when we landed, so the cool temps on Thursday in Orlando were really very bearable!!!).

We were so sad that we missed it. :sad:

We were in the world 1/12 - 1/16. So F! was only going to be shown Monday or Thursday, same as spectromagic. So, since I had my 75 year old mom with me for her first trip, I figured that DHS would be the quickest one, and we could do some Monday, and do some friday before we left. So Monday night we were doing F!. We did a few of the misc attractions and heading for the F! area about 6:30 for the 7 showing. As we turned to head towards TOT heading that way they had CM's in the streets at that point saying that is was full to capacity already including standing room. Yes, I know that they suggest 45 minutes before, but I wouldnt be suprised if that may have not been early enough to get a seat.

I dont know what the deal is, if it's just the 2 nights a week, or if it was left over crowds from the marathon weekend, but I'll admit I was bummed that we didnt get to see it.

I'll step off my soapbox now.

I don't know what you were expecting showing up for a very popular show at 6:30 for a 7'clock show. I wouldn't have expected seats that close to the show either or standing room. Especially now that's it's down to 2 nights. We were there the first week of January and had the dining package and still started over to the theater at 6 o'clock. By 6:10 they were announcing that it was standing room only.

I don't know what you were expecting showing up for a very popular show at 6:30 for a 7'clock show. I wouldn't have expected seats that close to the show either or standing room. Especially now that's it's down to 2 nights. We were there the first week of January and had the dining package and still started over to the theater at 6 o'clock. By 6:10 they were announcing that it was standing room only.

Just wondering, if the show is this popular in January shouldn't they offer it more than twice a week. What is the summer going to be like? :faint: Forget it!

Just wondering, if the show is this popular in January shouldn't they offer it more than twice a week. What is the summer going to be like? :faint: Forget it!

I don't think it would be as popular or crowded if it was offered more than two nights. But as it is January is a low crowd month and Fantasmic is, I imagine, very expensive to do. So more than two nights a week wouldn't make much sense. They should be changing it to every night once peak season starts again.

How early did they tell you to be with the dining package? After all that is the whole purpose is not to have to wait an hour before the show.

Denise in MI

Well, they 'suggest' showing up 45 minutes before the show, so yes, I was late by 15 minutes, but even showing up at the 'suggested' time I have a strange feeling I wouldnt have gotten in. I'm not blaming anyone at all, just saying it sucks :)

sorry you missed fantasmic..if it makes you feel any better its my least favorite of all the nighttime entertainment....we plan on not even trying to see it this upcoming may

sorry you missed fantasmic..if it makes you feel any better its my least favorite of all the nighttime entertainment....we plan on not even trying to see it this upcoming may

THanks, but nope, doesnt help, it's my 2nd favorite right behind wishes.

Illuminations is the one I really dont care if I miss :)

THanks, but nope, doesnt help, it's my 2nd favorite right behind wishes.

Illuminations is the one I really dont care if I miss :)

Maybe this will make you feel better? At least you got to be there for space mountain when we go it will be closed and Im depressed about it.....Did that help ;)

Maybe this will make you feel better? At least you got to be there for space mountain when we go it will be closed and Im depressed about it.....Did that help ;)

That helps some :)

Just out of curiosity, how would you rank the various nighttime "spectaculars"? We're thinking of skipping Fantasmic. We've never seen it, and I'm just not sure I want to put all that effort into seeing it, when seeing Illuminations or Wishes is so much easier...

Fantasmic is my favorite night time show. I really don't care for illuminations and I do like wishes and spectromagic but I love the whole story line of Fantasmic and especially the grand finale with all the characters.

I wouldn't miss Fantasmic. I'd miss Illuminations without a second thought, found it kind of dull, and not "Disney." (With kids - sorry, I should say that. With kids. On our own, as a couple, I'd love to linger and watch it with a nice glass of wine. But the kids were very restless.)

Fantasmic has scary moments, for sure, but overall, it was just such a hoot to see one Disney group of characters after another pulled into the story. My kids were riveted through the whole thing, and loving it. Caroline was scared at a few points - she was six, and it was her year to be afraid of EVERYTHING, but overall, she did well and found it fascinating.

It's beautiful, it's HUGE, it's ornate....I don't like the wait, but consider it worthwhile. Pre-show entertainment is pretty lame and sad, but you're stuck on a bleacher - they're doing what they can. I'll be sure to bring something to keep them busy this time. Caroline still remembers doing the Wave and liking it, which seems really funny to me...I was pretty desperate for the show to start.

Wishes is far more sentimental, and lovely. I wouldn't want to miss out on that, either. I um....well, ok, I admit it. I cried during Wishes. Just a little overwhelmed with nostalgia, and the happiness of having my family all around me at a magical place with so much beauty and happy people all around us, all building memories with the people they loved....couldn't help it.

I would also like to know what time to be there if we have the F! dinner package. Our ressies at Mama Melrose are at 4:25. Head straight there after dinner? Are we "without a doubt" given seats with the FDP?

I LOVE F!, but I will not even bother to see it, if they don't make more showings. I don't think it is worth 2 hours of valuable touring time, just to wait in line. Doesn't bother me much though, and I do understand why they cut the shows, at least i got to see it the last time we were there.

DW and I just discussed it and as much as we love Fantasmic!, we're going to miss it this year. There's no way we can eat dinner and get in line by 5:00. And waiting 2 hours does not appeal to me.

Epcot has Evening EMH that night and I think we can get far more accomplished by spending the afternoon at Epcot plus 3 extra hours than waiting in line at DHS.

I know Fantasmic is expensive, but is saving that money worth the bad feelings they are creating among their guests? That's 35,000 people a week that won't get to see Fantasmic and who know how many that will avoid DHS due to the larger crowds or people like us who were only going to DHS to see Fantasmic!

We just got back on January 9th. We went to Fantasmic on the 8th & it was packed. I think we started heading over around 6:15 but I'm not sure. I for one think it's a show not to miss. This was our first time and my whole family (including my 2 yo son) LOVED it. I would recommend going over early and bringing dinner to eat as you wait (so you're really not loosing time).

My rankings

1. Wishes
2. Spectromagic
3. Illuminations
4. Fantasmic!

I have never enjoyed Fantasmic and I certainly wouldn't sit on the benches for 1.5 hours with my kids to hold a seat for the show. It just doesn't do it for me! I prefer fireworks. Big loud Boom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter