This Disney trip is going to be the bomb diggity! Dec 2010

Hi Ty!

Bummer for the rain!! :hug:

You may not have any Disney news to share until September, but you could take pictures of your scrapbook and post them for us to see. I was itching to get my stuff out last weekend to work on too, but then ended up having a Disney movie marathon with the kids instead. Hopefully, I can get one of the many I have going finished up soon.

Trish

I so agree!!! I would love to see pictures of the scrapbook! I am a huge scrapbooker and LOVE all things scrappy!

Hi Ty!

Bummer for the rain!! :hug:

You may not have any Disney news to share until September, but you could take pictures of your scrapbook and post them for us to see. I was itching to get my stuff out last weekend to work on too, but then ended up having a Disney movie marathon with the kids instead. Hopefully, I can get one of the many I have going finished up soon.

Trish
I will do that. I ended up spending the afternoon organizing my scrapbook room. I just couldn't create today. I have managed to get about 5 pages done since my trip to Disney though, I need to buckle down. I am so far behind on all my scrapbooking. I still don't even have all of my pictures off the camera yet. I went and bought a new memory card just so I could take more pictures and not worry about erasing any of my Disney ones.

Just found this PTR - I had read your last TR, don't know if I posted on it or if I didn't come across it until it was almost over. Looking forward to following your girls only trip this time. Well....I guess last time was a girls only trip too, wasn't it.... My DH and & will be there about a month ahead of you....can't wait!
Last one was girls only, true, but it was 4 girls, I think 2 girls will be a little less hectic and easier to keep track of the goings on. I think I have less than 100 days to go, I'm trying not to keep actual track, that makes the time go slower.

I so agree!!! I would love to see pictures of the scrapbook! I am a huge scrapbooker and LOVE all things scrappy!
I went to AC Moore last week and they had a %40 sale on all stickers. so I loaded up on more Disney stickers, I didn't need them, but I didn't have them so in essence I did need them:confused3
I will try and get some pictures out of my scrapbook soon.

You always know when summer is coming to an end. Aside from the cicadas taking over the hollow and filling the background with their noise that drowns out every AC window unit in a 5 mile radius, you can also tell it's nearing the end of summer because that is when I get lazy with my pool. I quit vacuming it, and the filter doesn't get run as much and the pool water takes on a hint of green.
I vowed to not let it go this summer, and I did spend last thursday working on it. Yesterday Kent added water and shocked it, by evening the pool was looking pretty clear.
Today is my day off, my day off from everything! I don't have to go to work, I don't have to drive anybody else to work, it is a free day, I am going to spend it in my clean pool.
I said that when I woke up this morning, and then I looked outside......RAIN!

So, since I am not going over to Lo's to plan our trip, and I can't swim, I think will scrapbook my pictures from my last disney trip.

Have a great day guys, I will check in often just to keep this thing from flat lining, but it will be September before I have any Disney news.

5 days till the Dis meet.:banana::woohoo::cool1::yay:
bummer on the rain, but you had good intentions, right? that counts for something. :rotfl::confused3

post up some of your scrapbook pages when you finish. i love getting new ideas.

Hey Ty, sorry your pretty pool day became rained out. :guilty: Hope your day of organizing was a good one though. My silly back has been out so my days of organizing Mackie's room and getting rid of all the junk she doesn't need might not happen before she gets home. :rolleyes:
I hate that my back does this, usually it's a one time in several months kind of thing, but this has been three times in less than a week! And once the week before! :confused3 At least these aren't the kind that knock me out of commission for more than a couple of days, not weeks like they use to be.

I've never did start scrapbooking, I figured it was something I could put off doing until I'm old and gray and have nothing else better to do (which I might add seems to be looming ever so closely now that I'm starting to turn gray :eek:), besides I have a tendency to ummm let's say, go over board when I get into my projects. :laughing:

I can't imagine having just some small little box with my scrapbooking things in it, I'm pretty sure it will it have to be a room that will contain my scrapbooking stuff. :laughing:

Maybe you can bring one of your books (if you have a small one you can bring) with you when you come this winter, I would love to see it. And maybe we can go to a scrap booking store and you can show me the ropes....you know for those days when I'm old and gray. :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Hi Ty!

I've been away from the boards for a loonng time, but I'm finally back and your TR is the first I decided to subscribe to!

Hi Ty...

I just found your PTR over my lunch hour and read the WHOLE thing from page 1 to page 10... Whew... I think I'm all caught up now... :thumbsup2

Just some quick notes I made while I was reading...

~ Cool beans about going to Disney in Decmeber!!! :cool1:

~ Glad you didn't have to have surgery on your leg

~ I'm pretty sure you can upgrade your free QSP to DDP for the difference (I think like $10 a day per person)... Might be worth it with all the TS meals you have planned...

~ Please continue this PTR... It's way better than any reality show they have on tv!!! :lmao:

Nancy...

Hi Ty!

I've been away from the boards for a loonng time, but I'm finally back and your TR is the first I decided to subscribe to!
Hi. Thank you for subscribing to my PTR. It's slow moving but It will get rolling now. I finally have some plans.:banana:

Maybe you can bring one of your books (if you have a small one you can bring) with you when you come this winter, I would love to see it. And maybe we can go to a scrap booking store and you can show me the ropes....you know for those days when I'm old and gray. :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Will do! But I think we already discussed this. (the scrapbooking that is, not you being old and gray)

Hi Ty...

I just found your PTR over my lunch hour and read the WHOLE thing from page 1 to page 10... Whew... I think I'm all caught up now... :thumbsup2

Just some quick notes I made while I was reading...

~ Cool beans about going to Disney in Decmeber!!! :cool1:

~ Glad you didn't have to have surgery on your leg

~ I'm pretty sure you can upgrade your free QSP to DDP for the difference (I think like $10 a day per person)... Might be worth it with all the TS meals you have planned...

~ Please continue this PTR... It's way better than any reality show they have on tv!!! :lmao:

Nancy...

Hi Nancy,
Thank you for joining in. I am close to getting this PTR rolling again. It's been busy here with work and life. But plans are coming along nicely and I will post them soon.

Lo and I did talk about upgrading but then decided we don't want to deal with too many ADR's. We want to take it easy and not be held down by a reservation. I did upgrade last time I went and I am sure I will kick myself for not doing so this time later, but for now Lo and I are happy in our ignorance.;)

Airline tickets have been purchased. Non refundable, non transferable. It is a done deal. Disney here we come!

I have been picking up things for our trip here and there. I just got us some shower totes to keep all of our crap under control. They're super cute.
I also got us some travel sized body wash and other stuff.

We went out the other day and bought some "keep busy" stuff for the plane. We like to color!

I have the design all done for our hotel room window. I can't show it to ya, because I want to surprise ya'll with pictures from the trip. plus hopefully this will get ya'll coming back to read the TR.

QUESTION!?

How many of you start thinking of a title for your TR before you go?
I do this but it seems you have to go on the trip first and have something happen, and then the title just comes to you. If I left the title up to Lo it would more than likely be a title of an 80's song or another slang 80's term.
But the title of your TR is very important, it's what draws in the readers initially.

On the homefront. Reese is now working at Subway. And Jim has been medically disqualified from joining the Coast Guard. SO now he is talking to the Marine Recruiter again. Keep him in oyur prayers. He really has his heart set on the military.

When we went last year, we had free DDP and the only meal that the whole family agreed would be worth paying opp for was 'Ohaha... :love:

We're headed back in October and have free QSP and have ADR's at 'Ohana... MMmmm... I can't wait... :woohoo:

Sorry about Jim and the Coast Guard... I hope everything works out for the best for him!!! :grouphug:

YAAAA!! No backing out now! :lmao:

I know from your previous posts how much Jim was looking forward to the Military. I will keep him in my prayers that the Marines work out for him.

Hi Ty! I'm glad that you are back! Doesn't the trip seem so real once you have those plane tickets purchased? I know that it does for me...that is always when I think "I am really going to Disney World!" :banana:

Sorry to hear about Jim. With our oldest in the Army, I know how stressful this time can be. I hope that he is able to make things work and gets to do what he wants. It is so hard on mom though! Tyler had been in the Army for almost one year and is preparing for his deployment to Afghanistan, which by the way, is going to happen sometime between December 1st and 15th....and our trip is the 4th to the 13th. I can't wait for him to come home in November for a couple of weeks! Give Jim and Reese a great big hug....they grow up so quickly!:hug:

Back to your trip....I have almost everything that we need purchased! The only thing that I can think of that we need is a shirt for Caleb to wear to MVMCP. :santa: I'm sure I'll find it once Halloween is over and they start putting that stuff out on the racks.

I can't wait to hear more about the details of your trip!

Trish

Airline tickets have been purchased. Non refundable, non transferable. It is a done deal. Disney here we come!

I have been picking up things for our trip here and there. I just got us some shower totes to keep all of our crap under control. They're super cute.
I also got us some travel sized body wash and other stuff.

We went out the other day and bought some "keep busy" stuff for the plane. We like to color!

I have the design all done for our hotel room window. I can't show it to ya, because I want to surprise ya'll with pictures from the trip. plus hopefully this will get ya'll coming back to read the TR.

QUESTION!?

How many of you start thinking of a title for your TR before you go?
I do this but it seems you have to go on the trip first and have something happen, and then the title just comes to you. If I left the title up to Lo it would more than likely be a title of an 80's song or another slang 80's term.
But the title of your TR is very important, it's what draws in the readers initially.

On the homefront. Reese is now working at Subway. And Jim has been medically disqualified from joining the Coast Guard. SO now he is talking to the Marine Recruiter again. Keep him in oyur prayers. He really has his heart set on the military.

i do- start thinking of a title- however, usually something really wacky happens on the trip that i end up using in the title sometimes. yeah for having air fare done and purchased- who are you flying on?

i'll be crossing fingers and toes for Jim and the Marines. the military is a great choice, whatever branch he chooses. i worked in defense for a number of years and so I worked with a ton of ex-military. love the discipline and camaraderie they have.

Saying a prayer for Jim. My step-son was medically disqualified from the Marines but got accepted into the Army. So tell Jim not to give up! :thumbsup2

Hey there Ty! Sorry I've been MIA. School and crafts and Matt are keeping me very busy these days.

I'm so happy you have purchased your plane tickets. No turning back now. I can't believe you don't have a free one laying around somewhere though! I can't wait to hear about all the rest of your planning!

That's a bummer about Jim. I know how much he was looking forward to it. But maybe it's a sign of better things!

When we went last year, we had free DDP and the only meal that the whole family agreed would be worth paying opp for was 'Ohaha... :love:

We're headed back in October and have free QSP and have ADR's at 'Ohana... MMmmm... I can't wait... :woohoo:

Sorry about Jim and the Coast Guard... I hope everything works out for the best for him!!! :grouphug:
Wow, your trip is close.
I do want to try Ohana's but I want to wait until Kent can go. Lo and I were talking that if we still do our family trip then Ohana will be something we will book.

YAAAA!! No backing out now! :lmao:

I know from your previous posts how much Jim was looking forward to the Military. I will keep him in my prayers that the Marines work out for him.
True Dat! No turning back now.
Jim has met with the recruiter and has started training with the delayed program kids until we know something for sure.

Hi Ty! I'm glad that you are back! Doesn't the trip seem so real once you have those plane tickets purchased? I know that it does for me...that is always when I think "I am really going to Disney World!" :banana:

Sorry to hear about Jim. With our oldest in the Army, I know how stressful this time can be. I hope that he is able to make things work and gets to do what he wants. It is so hard on mom though! Tyler had been in the Army for almost one year and is preparing for his deployment to Afghanistan, which by the way, is going to happen sometime between December 1st and 15th....and our trip is the 4th to the 13th. I can't wait for him to come home in November for a couple of weeks! Give Jim and Reese a great big hug....they grow up so quickly!:hug:

Back to your trip....I have almost everything that we need purchased! The only thing that I can think of that we need is a shirt for Caleb to wear to MVMCP. :santa: I'm sure I'll find it once Halloween is over and they start putting that stuff out on the racks.

I can't wait to hear more about the details of your trip!

Trish

Hi Trish,
the trip becomes so real once the airfare is purchased, you have that right.

When will you find out exactly when Tyler leaves for Afghanistan? That's got to be a worry for you. Is it his first deployment there? I will keep him in my prayers.
Lo and I have decided to make shirts for our MVMCP night, we'll be getting together this week for more planning.

i do- start thinking of a title- however, usually something really wacky happens on the trip that i end up using in the title sometimes. yeah for having air fare done and purchased- who are you flying on?

i'll be crossing fingers and toes for Jim and the Marines. the military is a great choice, whatever branch he chooses. i worked in defense for a number of years and so I worked with a ton of ex-military. love the discipline and camaraderie they have.

I'm trying to convince my mom that she needs to write a TR for our last trip. She already knows that her trip title would be "I got boogerd on my first trip to WDW." cause she did ya know.
I have been thinkin gof trip titles for this upcoming trip, but like you said, noramlly something wacky happens and then my title changes. It's even been known to change during the middle of the report.;)

Saying a prayer for Jim. My step-son was medically disqualified from the Marines but got accepted into the Army. So tell Jim not to give up! :thumbsup2

I love the renewed hope, thank you. I don't know if Jim will try the Army if the Marines disqualify him too. I'm praying he gets to join the marines, he really seems excited for this, more so now then the Coast Guard.

Hey there Ty! Sorry I've been MIA. School and crafts and Matt are keeping me very busy these days.

I'm so happy you have purchased your plane tickets. No turning back now. I can't believe you don't have a free one laying around somewhere though! I can't wait to hear about all the rest of your planning!

That's a bummer about Jim. I know how much he was looking forward to it. But maybe it's a sign of better things!

No apologies necessary, I have been MIA too. work and kids and kids work and what not.
I saw some of your crafts on facebook, very nice!
I do have a free ticket laying around:lmao: but I want to use it to go see my brother and the girls in Texas, I am also going to see Camille while I'm there. Yay! another Dismeet.
I just had one not too long ago and met some awesome disers.

Lo woke me with an early phone call this morning. Her Disney excitement is getting the best of her and that makes me excited. I haven't gone to disney world with another Disney nerd ever! Sure my fellow past travelors were happy to go, but they never made "plans"

Lo said she bought us glow in the dark wands and necklaces, she even bought us T-shirts for the plane ride. We were making plans to go to the Disney store and get more shirts but then decided we wanted to make our own.
Last year I painted disney shirts for myself and my Disney mates, Lo loved the Eeyore one I had done for my mom, so we are going to make our shirts instead of buying them. We are getting together this Friday to look at clip art.
She offered to paint all of them.

I will post pictures of them when they are done. I would post one now of the shirts I did last year but apparently I have already deleted them from my photobucket.

I am debating bringing my fake baby Noah, I do this every time and end up not bringing him. But I look at thim now in his cute little winnine the pooh outfit and think it would be fun to take him along. Maybe Lo will get some business from him. I wouldn't take him into the parks he looks too real and I would hate for someone to think I was a horrible Mom when I laid him in the basket underneath the Soarin ride or something.

roughly 66 days, I might be a day or so off, but it's close to that. I can't wait. I am starting to tell all the customers that come through my line that I am going to Disney, I always find a way to relate their purchase to my Disney trip.

"Oh buying the rest easy? you must be taking a trip? I'm going to Disney World in blah blah days."

"New suitcases? Nice, I need a new luggage set too, I'm going to Disney world this December."

"Just this bottle of Coca Cola for you? I need to get used to drinking Coca Cola, I'm a Pepsi girl myself but Disney world only has Coke, and I am heading there in 2 months."

You get my drift I'm sure.

Guess what, Ty! I'm flying home on the plane right now from Disney! Love Airtran's wifi.

Glad to see you've updated! Now I've got something to do on my flight!

"Oh buying the rest easy? you must be taking a trip? I'm going to Disney World in blah blah days."

"New suitcases? Nice, I need a new luggage set too, I'm going to Disney world this December."

"Just this bottle of Coca Cola for you? I need to get used to drinking Coca Cola, I'm a Pepsi girl myself but Disney world only has Coke, and I am heading there in 2 months."

:rotfl2: I love this!!!

Guess what, Ty! I'm flying home on the plane right now from Disney! Love Airtran's wifi.

Glad to see you've updated! Now I've got something to do on my flight!
That's amazing! How was your trip? Will there be a report?

Every time I fly airtran I get a free ticket.

:rotfl2: I love this!!!
That's how I roll.

OK, that was Diet-Coke-snorted-through-my-nose laugh out loud funny! :lmao:
That doll is so life like, I've had the bank teller yell at me for just having a baby laying on the front seat and not in a car seat. Can you imagine the looks on peoples faces if I laid him in the basket below soarin?

"He's sleeping, he'll be just fine.":scared1:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lo an dIU got together last Friday, The plan was to go t her house, call Disney and give them our flight info, she pay off her trip and then we hit Joanne fabric for T-shirts. Then I would be home by 6:00pm

Well we went out and picked up dinner then I ate with her family which was an adventure in itself, I thought my family had some funny dinner conversations.
We did go shopping, we hit up the dollar store and got some Disney do-dads and some things to decorate our window and room at the resort. I would tell you all about it, but I want to wait and just post pictures in my TR when I get back.
We purchased a whoopi cushion for the dark rides, but upon testing it out in the car on the way back to Lo's house we discovered that this cushion didn't have enough whoopi in it, we could make better fart noises with our mouth and hands, we were laughing so hard makin gthese noises on the car ride home, we were crying by the time we got back to Lo's house. We loaded her preteen daughter Desi and her friend Megan into the car and took them to their middle school dance, I gave them the "lecture" on the way.
Way back in the day, (2 years ago) When I was coaching cheerleading, we had a competition in Myrtle beach, I was friends with Megans Mom back then but didn't really know Lo all that well.
The night after the competition all the parents were hanging out in one room, the kids in another, the topic had turned to kids dancing or more so "grinding" the idea of that sickened me, I told them how Reese hated school dances for that fact, she felt like she couldn't just go out and dance because some guy would always end up dancing too close to her. So I made up a dance called "Don't grind on me." and showed it to Reese and as I would do the dance I would sing,
Don't grind on me, don't grind on me,
I'm a good girl.
You're too close to my front
stay away from my back
don't grind on me
I'm a good girl.

I showed this dance to all the cheer moms and they were rolling on the floor laughing the kids from the next room came over and saw what was going on and the "don't grind on me" dance became a huge hit for a while. I would see them doing it at cheer practice, so funny.

ok so on the way to the dance I reminded Megan of the don't grind on me dance and told both girls it was an appropriate dance and that was all they were allowed to do.

Back at Lo's house we got so caught up in our Disney planning we forgot to go pick the kids up from the dance. oops! I've never seen Lo drive so fast, it was a presreening of test track.

I ended up leaving Lo's house around 10pm, I called Camille on the way home and she kept me comapny for the drive until my cell phone dropped the call.

Then Sunday Lo met me at my store (yes Bed Bath and Beyond is MY store) and we went shopping for our park bag. We both found ones that we totally like and will suit our purpose. I was looking for something practical that I would also use outside of Disney. I found a red, black and white plaid bag, accented in gold, the colors look a little muted because the bag is covered in clear sequins, (I probably spelled that wrong) it's a Betsyville, and super cute, as soon as my lazy phase passes I will post a picture of it.
We also got little round clear rhinestones and blinged our cell phones with mickey heads.
The trip is so close, less then 2 months. I'm getting more and more excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter