• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

THIRD SAILING of THE NEW MAGIC - 11/01/13 - POST YOUR EXPERIENCES

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
The third sailing of the new Magic came back today and please post your experiences!!! Thank you!!!

MJ

We Sail on Sunday 11/10... :cool1:

(not so) Patiently waiting to hear about this latest sailing!

Did anyone stay in the SPH on Deck 5? Reports would be most welcome!

It's was pretty good. I have come to expect allot from disney. They have always impressed me. This time, I'm not so impressed. It's the same cruise ship, just updated. Not a remodel just an update! The kids did love the club areas. The food in the new restaurant was okay, at best. The new slide is pretty darn cool! The shows are great, as always. It seemed very crowed, with lines everywhere. Cabanas is nice, but very crowded! Our stateroom was on deck 6, aft. Our toilet was continually broken. It would automatically flush every 10 minutes and not at our request. Overall a good trip, just not disney fantastic. The kids loved it and cried when it was time to leave!

The new linens are great and comfy and you can smell the new paint. It was very clean. Our balcony did have some left over construction dust, but that would be expected I guess.

Cabanas is nice, but very crowded!
I know lots of people here love the madhouse that is Cabanas, but I prefer the Calm, Organized, get in line once, pick what you want and then you are done buffet line.

I know lots of people here love the madhouse that is Cabanas, but I prefer the Calm, Organized, get in line once, pick what you want and then you are done buffet line.

Agreed! The multiple stations is a lot more hectic to me, I prefer the old fashioned buffet line that was Topsiders. :worried:

Well, 55 days for them to get the Magic ready for us! :)
I can't wait to see the new slides and new Animators. I'm not a huge Cabanas fan, either, so not really looking forward to that mass chaos! lol

We thought Dream Cabanas was a breeze to get thru with multiple stations. The single file line thing is a nightmare. Just try CCL... Admittedly referring to Dream and not Magic yet.

disprincess4ever said:
Agreed! The multiple stations is a lot more hectic to me, I prefer the old fashioned buffet line that was Topsiders. :worried:

My problem with Cabanas is people who don't understand the concept. Some guy yelled at my daughter for "cutting" in line and pointed her back to the front of the restaurant. She came back to the table kind of upset and now she won't go on her own to get food.

I love Cabanas on the Dream and Fantasy, so much better then Topsiders was, so can't wait to try on the Magic

My problem with Cabanas is people who don't understand the concept. Some guy yelled at my daughter for "cutting" in line and pointed her back to the front of the restaurant. She came back to the table kind of upset and now she won't go on her own to get food.

Cabanas does take getting used to, I know when we first sailed on the Dream they had CMs there to make sure folks knew how the food stations worked. Sounds like they didn't have the CMs available on your cruise, and/or you just had a Very Rude Jerk who didn't care. :mad:

It's was pretty good. I have come to expect allot from disney. They have always impressed me. This time, I'm not so impressed. It's the same cruise ship, just updated. Not a remodel just an update! The kids did love the club areas. The food in the new restaurant was okay, at best. The new slide is pretty darn cool! The shows are great, as always. It seemed very crowed, with lines everywhere. Cabanas is nice, but very crowded! Our stateroom was on deck 6, aft. Our toilet was continually broken. It would automatically flush every 10 minutes and not at our request. Overall a good trip, just not disney fantastic. The kids loved it and cried when it was time to leave!

The new linens are great and comfy and you can smell the new paint. It was very clean. Our balcony did have some left over construction dust, but that would be expected I guess.

Do you mind sharing your room number? We are 6138 and are leaving Sunday... A little nervous.

We were on the 11/1 sailing and we had a great time. It was our first ever cruise and we loved it. We had rooms 2094 and 2096 which I know someone on here had mentioned they had these rooms on a future sailing. The rooms were fine and had no major issues. One of the walls was a little dirty, one of the rooms had a small piece of carpet molding missing, and my husband broke that line extender thing that's in the shower in one of the rooms, sorry! No flooding, toilets worked, there was hot water and the a/c worked fine. There were some other rooms on our floor with flooding issues though.

The iron on that deck was working but the other still wasn't. Washers and dryers were free during our cruise which was nice. Cabana's did feel crowded during peak times but I didn't feel it was too horrible. The soda machines on deck 9 were broken on the last night but they kept the Cabana's drink stations open to use.

The only semi bad part of the trip were the rough seas on the last day. I did feel a little queasy most of the late afternoon and evening but I just kept my ginger gum on me and luckily was able to keep my stomach mostly calm.

Currently, we are booked on the Magic for Dec 2014 but my 12 year old daughter is begging me to reconsider since she will already be 13 by then and thus won't be able to join the Avengers Academy activities. Can anyone share their kid's experience on this activity? Thanks.

We sail December 4th, so I am also anxious to read reports. I am back in school, and I am racing to finish projects so that I can sail without feeling stressed...

Cabanas does take getting used to, I know when we first sailed on the Dream they had CMs there to make sure folks knew how the food stations worked. Sounds like they didn't have the CMs available on your cruise, and/or you just had a Very Rude Jerk who didn't care. :mad:

On the 10/27 Magic they had CM's at the door explaining that this was a free flowing buffet and no need to line up at the beginning. They repeated and explained it constantly every day. Maybe some people just don't listen or get it.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter