Thinking of wdw/universal & beach or cruise hols help!

last1973

Mouseketeer
Hi
I really fancy doing a spilt holiday this time. Say 10 days disney,5 days Universal area & 6/7 days at beach resort or disney cruise but haven't got a clue how to do this or which area to stay in. I def wanna stay at disney then we wanna do discovery cove, universal & mayb seaworld.
The beach part is too chill out but have no idea about beach resorts or cruises.

There will b 2 adults 16,11,5 & 3 year olds with us when we finally go.

Anyone done this??? Which way round did u do it and did it work well?

Any tips please.
Thanks

We've done this type of holiday twice.The first time we did 11 nights at a Disney Resort Hotel and then moved to a Universal Resort Hotel for five nights.
The first thing we did wrong IMO was doing Universal last because you really miss the Disney magic, Universal don't do magic like Disney.Dont get me wrong we loved Universal but it always had something missing,and also because your at the end of your holiday,thats a bit of a downer too.We also found five nights too long, three or four is more than enough.That is why this year we did Universal then Disney and it was so much better as we hadn't experienced the Magic yet:goodvibes.We were still on British time so we were up in plenty of time to gain early entry to Harry Potter. We also stayed Club level at Lowes Royal Pacific which worked out cheaper as we only had to pay out of pocket for one meal a day,plus if you stay at a Universal resort Hotel you get their Express pass which can save a ton of time depending on the time of year you go.
If you split your stay you can do all of that area Uni/Sea World which will save you either having to pay for cabs to and from Disney or hiring a car if you don't want to drive.
So in answer to your question i would do Universal, Disney then beach:thumbsup2

weve done this, def do the cruise in the middle, youll be ajusted to the time diffrence and enjoy it more, we love st petes and anna maria island, and this year were doing the keys for a few days before we go home. x

Ive not done the cruise myself but I've heard people say not to do it last as you get back into port very early in the morning, then you have the rest of the day to kill(with all your luggage)as most Orlando to UK flights leave early evening.

Hi. A couple of years ago we did a week at WDW and then went to Fort Lauderdale for a week. This was really lovely and definitely more relaxing than when we have done the whole holiday at Disney. We stayed at the Doubletree Suites in Fort Lauderdale which we thought were fantastic.

Next summer we are doing a week at the POFQ and then we have rented a villa on the gulf coast for the second week as we have really loved the space and privacy of your own pool when we have done that in Orlando but we do miss the Disney magic a bit there. We are then going to return to the Wilderness Lodge for a short while before returning home.

So much choice but it's a lovely problem to have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter