Thinking of switching WCC for Trails End

candkmac1021

Earning My Ears
I am seeing the new menu selections and reviews and I am not sure that I want to stick with WCC. Trails End has an opening and the menu looks decent. Any opinions?

Thanks!

I am seeing the new menu selections and reviews and I am not sure that I want to stick with WCC. Trails End has an opening and the menu looks decent. Any opinions?

Thanks!

My bet is that you will have quite a few people on here tell you to go ahead and switch to TE.

We had lunch at Trail's End last month and loved it! They had some unique menu selections, the food was great, and our server was great too.

We just did this exact thing last week. We had an ADR for WCC, but I just wasn't interested. We stayed at the WL, so thought we'd try Trail's End. We were pleasantly surprised. The dinner buffet was very good. They had fried chicken, salmon, baked chicken, ribs, beef tenderloin, salads, chili, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes w gravy, veggies, pasta bar, skillet corn bread, soft serve ice cream and lots of yummy desserts. Our server asked dh if he wanted some cowboy beans from the kitchen, but weren't on the buffet. He said they were great. I'm assuming they were from the HDDR. DD12 was brought a piece of strawberry shortcake for her bday. It was very laid back and relaxing. Checkers and rocking chairs outside as you wait, as well as a walk up bar. We would do it again for sure!

I chose TE for the boat ride from MK! I really enjoy transportation options.
The restaurant is nice and relaxing (as opposed to WCC-yikes!) The food was hot and tasty. Selection was better than WCC. Service was ranch-style friendly. The coffee was good too. There is a boat to WL and one to CR/MK for the return trip. Please try it:thumbsup2

Never been to WCC, but TE is our absolute favorite. The food makes me wish that my stomach were four times its size (though it usually is by the time we leave :rotfl: ) and the general atmosphere of the fort is unbeatable, in my opinion.

Thanks everyone! I decided to make the switch - there was a 7PM opening still available at TE on 10/29 so I lucked out! Excited to try something new :)

I just switched too. The menu and pictures from WCC didn't look that great to me. I saw some pictures of the food and I wasn't looking forward to it. Trails End looks to be right next to where we will be taking a sleigh ride that evening as well.

They serve the same fried chicken as Hoop De Doo & that be some mighty fine chicken! :p

At lunch, they serve it with waffles :cloud9:

FW is a great place to stroll, bike or hayride around while you are there too. :thumbsup2

They serve the same fried chicken as Hoop De Doo & that be some mighty fine chicken! :p

:thumbsup2

This CM was tending to the line we were in while waiting for the boat to take us over to the Hoop De Doo .... in this picture, he was telling us all to ask their waiters to send him 3 pieces of the fried chicken because it's the best fried chicken. :lmao:

IMGP7164 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

I have always been a big fan of WCC and often ordered something other than the skillet. But with the menu change they have lost this frequent diner. I think you made a wise choice by going to TE instead. :thumbsup2

I would say Trails End is one of the most overrated eateries on property

stay at WCC

Great to hear that TE has a lot of fans! We reserved a Christmas Day Lunch there. What are the must-eats? :) And I wonder if they'll have a special holiday menu for Christmas Day...

patriciaofoz said:
Great to hear that TE has a lot of fans! We reserved a Christmas Day Lunch there. What are the must-eats? :) And I wonder if they'll have a special holiday menu for Christmas Day...

Everything is a must eat for my group, but this food is all right up our alley. The chicken is yummy. The prime rib at the carving station is also delicious, and of the three times we've been, the person manning the station has always asked for temp preferences and even remembered our request when we came back. The salad bar has nice toppings if loading up is your style. The apple cobbler is also very very good, and this is coming from someone typically in the 'if-it-has-fruit-in-it-it-doesn't-count-as-dessert' camp. :thumbsup2 There is honestly nothing at the buffet that I would not eat again. This all being said, I think I've read around here that there is a separate Christmas menu, but I think some of the regulars will still be around. TE is our favorite restaurant, and I can't think of place in WDW I'd rather be on Christmas than the fort. Enjoy!

ETA: I'm now rereading that you're going to be there for lunch which is a la carte and not buffet. I think some of the buffet items are available during lunch though :confused: . Hopefully someone who's been around for lunch can come around and be more helpful than I am.

Everything is a must eat for my group, but this food is all right up our alley. The chicken is yummy. The prime rib at the carving station is also delicious, and of the three times we've been, the person manning the station has always asked for temp preferences and even remembered our request when we came back. The salad bar has nice toppings if loading up is your style. The apple cobbler is also very very good, and this is coming from someone typically in the 'if-it-has-fruit-in-it-it-doesn't-count-as-dessert' camp. :thumbsup2 There is honestly nothing at the buffet that I would not eat again. This all being said, I think I've read around here that there is a separate Christmas menu, but I think some of the regulars will still be around. TE is our favorite restaurant, and I can't think of place in WDW I'd rather be on Christmas than the fort. Enjoy!

ETA: I'm now rereading that you're going to be there for lunch which is a la carte and not buffet. I think some of the buffet items are available during lunch though :confused: . Hopefully someone who's been around for lunch can come around and be more helpful than I am.

Oh no! After your description of the buffet offerings, I wish we were doing a dinner!!! :santa:

We will be staying at WL Nov 11-15th. We arrive late afternoon on the 11th. I thought it would be fun to have dinner @ Trails End and then go to the Campfire Sing-Along w/Chip & Dale.

What is the cost of the dinner for adult and children?

Also, for those who know, where is the location of the sing-along campfire from Trails End?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter