Thinking of stopping overnight..recommendations?

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend a city/hotel between western Kentucky and Orlando that would be a great stopping point about 8 hours into our trip? We have never stopped overnight before, but we are considering it this time. Our friends have recommended Cordele, and some have mentioned Valdosta. Any recommendations for a nice place to stop for a night that won't break the budget, but is nice, safe,and clean?

We've stopped in Macon twice on our trips from central Indiana to both coasts of FL (St Augustine in 2005 and Ft Myers in 2006), but after we successfully drove straight through to Ft Myers last summer (22 hours!!) we are doing it next month when we go to WDW.

When we stopped in Macon we stayed at the La Quinta just off 475, and it was very nice, good breakfast, very clean rooms and easy highway access. It's south of Atlanta too.

Depending on your car and kids' ages, you might consider taking a 3-4 nap at a rest area in GA. I don't think we will, but my best friend and her family did that in April when they went to Disney on spring break. She said the rest areas are patrolled and allow overnight parking, but I don't know if DH would relax enough to fall asleep. :confused3

We stop often in Morrow, Ga just south of Atlanta. We stay at the Drury Inn there and really like it. Its right off the interstate so you can hop right on, plus Drury has free breakfast, and lots of free snacks/drinks in the evenings.

We stop often in Morrow, Ga just south of Atlanta. We stay at the Drury Inn there and really like it. Its right off the interstate so you can hop right on, plus Drury has free breakfast, and lots of free snacks/drinks in the evenings.

We LOVE Drury Inn's. If at all possible we always look for a Drury wherever we go. The ones we have stayed in have been spotless and have had great service!

How about TIFTON or maybe that just be to far south for you.... we have made the trip many times Southern IN to disney an tifton is really a good stop nice little town nice hotels an resturants.

Tifton is fine - it has plenty of chain restaurants to choose from, as well as loads of hotels. Valdosta is a slightly nicer place, with a better selection of restaurants but I'm not sure about the hotels there. It is 45 minutes closer to Disney World than Tifton is. Or I guess you could say it is 45 minutes of less driving on day one! I would pass on Cordele, just not much there.

Those were always our choices because we would get up the next morning and get to Disney a few hours later and actually feel good....not too tired to do things our first day at Disney :)) Now we live within an hours drive so no overnights needed...lol... I would NOT stay overnight at a rest area....too many things can happen...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter