• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking of purchasing soon

shannonmme

Mouseketeer
I have a question for all you DVCers out there. I am thinking of making a purchase in the near future, but want to take advantage of any savings opportunities out there. I am signed up for the webcast on the 23rd, but I have also seen the posts about the telephone tours with a member referral. Does anyone have a recommendation? Should I do the telephone tour before the webcast? If I view the webcast, will I lose my ability to earn the giftcard and do the telephone tour in the future? What do y'all think?

I have a question for all you DVCers out there. I am thinking of making a purchase in the near future, but want to take advantage of any savings opportunities out there. I am signed up for the webcast on the 23rd, but I have also seen the posts about the telephone tours with a member referral. Does anyone have a recommendation? Should I do the telephone tour before the webcast? If I view the webcast, will I lose my ability to earn the giftcard and do the telephone tour in the future? What do y'all think?

It should not matter either way. The fine print on the referral mailing that I, as a DVC member received, did not list any exclusions other than the DVC member is limited to receiving 4 gift cards from those that take the telephone tour.

As chalee94 suggested I would also explore what the resale market may have to offer as a possibility. Obviously it depends on what your needs are and if you desire a home resort other than what's available through DVC. There are some great deals through resale but, occasionally, DVC will offer some incentives that are worthwhile and very competitive with the resale market. Best of luck! Hopefully we will be able to say to you "Welcome Home!" :thumbsup2

The Telephone Tour is only for those prospective buyers who have not had any contact with DVC prior to the tour. So if you view the Webcast, you will then be unable to take advantage of the Telephone Tour.

If you are interested please visit our Telephone Tour Referral thread where we allow DIS'ers to offer themselves as referrals for the Telephone Tour only. Best wishes..

I would do the telephone tour (if you have time), and then watch the webcast to see about getting a better deal.

When you do the telephone tour, you will be able to ask questions and get something that may be a bit more personalized in terms of information about DVC.

Then, when you watch the webcast, you will be more information as well as offers and can then decide what to do.

Good luck!!!

I agree with Charles. Resales offer substantial savings if you are patient enough to wait for the right listing. :thumbsup2

I agree with Charles and PapasDen. I would recommend looking into resale as well. Feel free to contact The Timeshare Store, Inc.® at sales@dvcstore.com. If you provide your first and last name we can add your email to our distribution list. We receive about 130 to 150 new DVC listings every month. The e-mail is sent out about 3 to 4 times a week when the new listings become available.

Best of luck to you.

Jason

Which properties interest you? If you like the older resorts, go with a resale as has been suggested. If you are looking at BLT or AKV I believe there are incentives for each at present with the best deal being at AKV. SSR is also an option if you want to buy directly from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter