Thinking of driving to parks for EMH instead of Disney Transportation, your thoughts?

Ratpack

WL VET
DVC Gold
We ar leaving Friday for a4 night stay at the ASSp over Christmas. I know it will be crazy crowded down there so we are thinking of driving from the resort to the parks for the morning EMH's. We have two strollers and three kids. Last time we were there during this time, it took forever to get a buds from ASSp to the parks in the morning. And since we have AP's, parking at the parks should be free. Anyone else ever done this or have any other thoughts?

Thanks!!

We almost always drive to the parks instead of using transportation now. The bus lines can be so long and tiresome, it's actually quicker to drive most of the time. Especially if parking is free anyway (resort guests and AP holders). The All Stars are TERRIBLE to wait for the bus at park closings....the lines are crazy. I definitely say drive. It will be so much faster and less of a hassle in my opinion.

Are the parking lots open for the morning EMH? I assume they are for those that do drive.

Just do it........we don't even have strollers anymore, or small kids for that matter and we very rarely take a bus, choosing to drive almost always. I can't even imagine standing on a crowded bus with tired children and trying to balance stolllers besides. Trust me, once you begin driving you'll wonder why you ever waited for buses........

Ratpack said:
Are the parking lots open for the morning EMH? I assume they are for those that do drive.

The last I have read, AK does not open the parking lot until 8:25AM (normal opening 9AM) even when there is morning EMH.

I was stuck in a line of cars at the toll plaza two years ago and I have been reading that the practice is still in effect

Ed

I've driven to every park for EMH and always been allowed into the lot (along with non-EMHers) AK included. Otcober 2006 was our last visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter