Thinking of cheating on DCL... Thoughts on Carnival

The Walmart term wasn't mine. It was mentioned in an earlier comment. I just borrowed it. The Guy Fieri dig was all me. I just don't like that guy.

Ugh I don't like him either ...but man are Guys Burgers on the cruise are so delicious...really you'll be munching going damn you guy!!!

If DCL called me each time I looked at cruises while logged into my account, they'd just have to put my number on speed dial. The kids walk in and say, "Dad!!! Mom's looking at Disney Cruises again!"

Agree 100%. Just because I'm looking does NOT mean I want to buy. And calling without me saying "Call me" is NOT the way to get me any more interested.
Come on... if you created a account and put your phone number on it...sure they are going to contact you??? NCL does the same thing.

Come on... if you created a account and put your phone number on it...sure they are going to contact you??? NCL does the same thing.

No, I don't expect them to contact me when it is required to enter the bloody number. And yes, NCL was the offending one in my case - not enough money in the world to get me on Carnival.

I honestly don't understand this need people have to convince people to change their minds about something, go on a carrier, or give another carrier a try. The same thing is going on on a friend's page on the site which shall not be named over Southwest - I have had MULTIPLE horrible experiences with them and am much happier on another carrier (granted it's a moot point since even if I wanted to give them yet another chance to screw with me, they seem to have eliminated ALL non-stop flights between the NYC area (maybe apparently unless I want to take half a day and make up and perceived savings in getting to some tiny thing on Long Island - no thank you) and Orlando), but a couple of their die-hard fans are trying to convince me that I need to give them yet another chance and that my over 5 horrible experiences are the exception. And I am very easy going to the point I put up with far more than I should, so to have over 5 horrible experiences takes a LOT.

This was Norwegian. But it's a moot point as I finally tagged the number (I don't answer numbers I don't recognize...that's what voice mail is for. Most cold calls don't leave a message, but Robert did. Again and again.) so when Robert called I told him I was NOT interested, I never asked to be called about it, and to please STOP calling me or they would be reported.

Lesson learned. Now if I want to look at specifics without dealing with having to register, I look at JetBlue cruises and then go from there. But I'm pretty much exclusively Disney. I'll see what RCCL is like this summer before I decide if I'll consider them again. But honestly Disney makes it so easy with no thinking about dinner, quality shows, etc. I have no desire to look elsewhere.

Well, NCL is definitely one site you don't have to register to look at cruises or pricing! I am frequently on there so you must have done something wrong. Glad it worked out for you.

No, I don't expect them to contact me when it is required to enter the bloody number. And yes, NCL was the offending one in my case - not enough money in the world to get me on Carnival.

I honestly don't understand this need people have to convince people to change their minds about something, go on a carrier, or give another carrier a try. The same thing is going on on a friend's page on the site which shall not be named over Southwest - I have had MULTIPLE horrible experiences with them and am much happier on another carrier (granted it's a moot point since even if I wanted to give them yet another chance to screw with me, they seem to have eliminated ALL non-stop flights between the NYC area (maybe apparently unless I want to take half a day and make up and perceived savings in getting to some tiny thing on Long Island - no thank you) and Orlando), but a couple of their die-hard fans are trying to convince me that I need to give them yet another chance and that my over 5 horrible experiences are the exception. And I am very easy going to the point I put up with far more than I should, so to have over 5 horrible experiences takes a LOT.

Sorry, but you were the one at fault. NCL, RCI, Carnival....NONE of them REQUIRE you to enter your number to check cruises. And then you positioned it here - at least that's how I interpreted it - that you were receiving calls from Carnival just to dis Carnival.

No one is trying to change anyone's mind - none of us here have a "need" to do so. But when someone asks specific questions about comparing the two lines....and people have NO experience with one of them...why is it necessary to respond with a bunch of heresay? Nasty comments are unnecessary and unhelpful. It's obvious you are 100% Disney and that's fine, but everyone's experiences are different. Although you might think Disney is perfect, I don't. And I'm not so closed-minded that I wouldn't try new things - whatever it is - because you never know what you might like.

Sorry, but you were the one at fault. NCL, RCI, Carnival....NONE of them REQUIRE you to enter your number to check cruises. And then you positioned it here - at least that's how I interpreted it - that you were receiving calls from Carnival just to dis Carnival.

No one is trying to change anyone's mind - none of us here have a "need" to do so. But when someone asks specific questions about comparing the two lines....and people have NO experience with one of them...why is it necessary to respond with a bunch of heresay? Nasty comments are unnecessary and unhelpful. It's obvious you are 100% Disney and that's fine, but everyone's experiences are different. Although you might think Disney is perfect, I don't. And I'm not so closed-minded that I wouldn't try new things - whatever it is - because you never know what you might like.

I never said Disney is perfect. In fact I said I am excited to try RCCL. If I have an interest in something I will try it. Carnival has NOTHING that interests me at all, so why would I bother trying them?

Just wanted to add some comments about looking on CCL's site and then suddenly getting a call. I also went through this and it turned into harassment. I was getting several calls, day in an day out (not even tied to looking at the site). I had to repeatedly tell them I'm not interested, *please do not call me and please remove my number from the list or the system* yet I continued to receive calls. I even received calls after 9pm (which they can not do). My friend (who sails CCL so we joked about it) was over here and she knew about it so she answered the phone and told them the same. I responded via email to the CVP and said this is your last warning, if you call again, after I've repeatedly told you to not call, I will have to file a formal complaint. I received two other calls after that but I think what happened is they knew this as the phone would ring, then disconnect after one call (which they still can't do) but I let those go and I have not received further calls since that time.

A company can keep calling if you don't answer or you don't tell them to STOP calling you. Once you have advised to remove your number and/or don't call, they must honor that which I realize most people know.

SO - I promise, I did nothing to warrant this harassing behavior and I promise you I don't vent a lot here (or elsewhere) but it was indeed excessive and crossed the line so to the others, I get it, I do. It left a very bad "taste in my mouth" and we weren't really serious but I always compare itineraries, prices, etc. To add, I've sailed 5 times with CCL and DH 7 times, but this was prior to DS being born so a little over 11 years now.

Heather

I'm thinking of cheating on DCL with Carnival. We are gold with DCL (2 away from Platinum). We have never cruised with another cruise line. I would like some advise/thoughts/input on the carnival experience. Mostly from those who have cruise with both Cruise lines.

We have cruised with both..... For us a huge difference's.

We just were on a 4 night cruise in December for my BFF's birthday with Carnival. We left out of Tampa, embarking was fairly easy. Once on the ship we walked around a bit and checked out the ship. It was a much older ship, and really showed the wear and tear. We were late leaving Tampa ( no reason was ever given) but it did make for a nice exit, going under the Skyway at night, great picture opt. The cocktails were flowing and a lot of people were already drunk. Hence the term "Booze Cruise". So we headed to our room to get things together, the room was small, not well lit, the bathroom was gross, thank God I brought Lysol wipes to clean up and wipe everything down. But we were there to celebrate, so we cleaned up and headed out to meet our friends for drinks before dinner, those were very good cocktails, raspberry mojitos really good and refreshing, Dinner was a disaster, we sat for over 40 minutes before they even brought the appetizers out, over 25 more for the main entrée, and dessert was basically served at the same time as the entrée. We decided and got the soft drink program as I already knew the sweet tea was not a option. This was interesting, as our server seem to not be able to figure out how to get us coke. Finally he did, but after much discussion. The food quality was in my opinion like cheap buffet food, ( Honestly I have had better at golden corral) and there was no presentation at all. This was basically the norm for all our meals in the dinning room. One night we all left a bit hungry, so we went and got pizza, that was the shinning star on the ship. We did enjoy the gambling, not really any other activities were offered. We did shop on board, and picked up a few things at a good price for gift giving at Christmas ( liquor ). The Photography offered was okay, but very hard to find your pictures, and the cost was really really high. We got a great pictures of us on our day trip in Cozumel for 8.00 which was better in my opinion, than some of the ones taken on board. We did have a good time with our friends and really got to spend some time with them.

This is for us is a party cruise, more like going to Panama City for spring break than on a cruise. My friends DH said, this is just a floating bar. Would we go again... maybe.. doubtful..

Disney has spoiled us, and we did compare and DCL out shines them hands down, on every level.

It's like that old saying.. you get what you pay for. I just think dcls over all quality and service was beyond my expectations I felt waited on hand and foot. That's why we booked a suite this time to see how much better it can get!

It's like that old saying.. you get what you pay for. I just think dcls over all quality and service was beyond my expectations I felt waited on hand and foot. That's why we booked a suite this time to see how much better it can get!

Agree 100%. to each their own, the question was asked what we thought and I expressed it. I won't be spending my dollars with Carnival. That's just me!

I never said Disney is perfect. In fact I said I am excited to try RCCL. If I have an interest in something I will try it. Carnival has NOTHING that interests me at all, so why would I bother trying them?

I don't know, why would you bother answering questions about a cruise line you've never been on? Opinions coming from people who have no basis for their opinion get an asterisk in my book.

And BTW, you do not have to enter any personal info on NCL's or CCL's site to get a full quote. NCL's gives you the deposit info as well. You must be doing something wrong. Even with CCL all you have to do is look in FAQ's to get the deposit amount.

For whoever said CCL called them repeatedly and after 9 p.m., I find that odd since I've been doing business with them for over seven years and they've never called after 9 p.m. For those of you complaining about the follow up calls...WHY IN HEAVEN'S NAME DID YOU GIVE THEM YOUR PHONE NUMBER???? Every business that wants a sale follows up with window shoppers.

And finally, for those of you who will NEVER cruise CCL....great! We all have choices when it comes to travel and we should go where we're happy.

I don't know, why would you bother answering questions about a cruise line you've never been on? Opinions coming from people who have no basis for their opinion get an asterisk in my book.

And BTW, you do not have to enter any personal info on NCL's or CCL's site to get a full quote. NCL's gives you the deposit info as well. You must be doing something wrong. Even with CCL all you have to do is look in FAQ's to get the deposit amount.

For whoever said CCL called them repeatedly and after 9 p.m., I find that odd since I've been doing business with them for over seven years and they've never called after 9 p.m. For those of you complaining about the follow up calls...WHY IN HEAVEN'S NAME DID YOU GIVE THEM YOUR PHONE NUMBER???? Every business that wants a sale follows up with window shoppers.

And finally, for those of you who will NEVER cruise CCL....great! We all have choices when it comes to travel and we should go where we're happy.
You directed several items at me so I felt the need to respond. With all due respect you just posted you didn't understand why a previous poster would comment if she hadn't sailed on CCL yet you've done exactly that with me (hear me out :)) I posted *my* experience with CCL with the excessive calls and you mentioned this has not been your experience but I can tell you for a fact it was mine and I thought it was quite interesting it was posted here and I've also seen it on other boards.

I also never said they called me repeatedly after 9pm. I have caller ID and you bet I took a picture of it and it clearly shows Carnival Cruise Lines and the calls attempted and the times. I also didn't provide my phone number by searching however I happen to be Gold with them and I'm sure what happened is I logged in with my past cruiser number (VIFP?) at one point as it checks for discounts as I'm sure CCL cruisers know so it's likely tied in to my profile.

It might not have been your intention but it felt like you were discrediting my own experience. I didn't come to post a negative experience about CCL but since I've seen this common complaint about the phone calls from them I wanted to offer my experience.

Heather

I only directed one of those things at you but I'll happily respond to your post.

I actually meant it (calling after 9) was odd. I fully intend to tell my PVP when I talk to him next that I've heard a complaint on the topic and ask him to run it up the flag pole. No business should ever call people that late unless they are returning a call and specifically know it's okay. I'm curious if it's a PVP doing it or just an auto dialer with customer service people on the other end.

I didn't discredit your excessive calls. I get them, too. I said the calls after 9 pm weren't my experience. Regardless, you can check for VIFP deals without using your number. Just check the "I don't want to give my number" box. It still pulls up the deals. That way you can avoid the calls. I kick myself when I forget because I know Aaron will call me and waste his time.

I believe you get calls you feel are excessive. I also believe you got calls after 9 p.m. I think there is a business reason for the former and no excuse for the latter.

What gets under my skin is people who have never sailed with a particular line having such strong opinions about it, which is what Dug720 keeps doing.

:flower3:

... and then when they said they were father and daughter, he had to stay with her all the time because guys were always trying to grab at her. Understandably completely turned both of them off of cruising.

Really? I call hogwash on that. Guys were trying to grab at her all the time? Doubtful. My friend is a friggin' model and no one has ever tried to "grab at her" on a cruise ship lol. (Flirt with sometimes, sure.)That account above rings totally false.

Disney isn't this nirvana cruise line that some people claim it to be. I have seen people on here call Disney a "luxury line" (it isn't). Or think nothing bad ever happens to passengers and crew, or think there have been no mechanical issues, or think the staff is so much better etc. We found Disney to be okay but by far nothing special compared to the others. It was our kids (and our) least favourite actually. Not that we didn't like it, we loved it, but we have loved other cruises more. Point being, all experiences are different and experiences in and of themselves are the point of travelling, so I think if cruising is your thing you should give Carnival a shot. Worst case scenario you prefer Disney and return there.

nothing compares to disney. i was very dissapointed when i cruised royal carribean. i was use to the disney fine touches:) hey but any cruise is better then no cruise!!!

Thanks for posting the review, it looks like a very nice ship. What is holding us back from trying Carnival is the experiences of two of my wife's co workers. They didn't like the atmosphere, and what they told my wife it didnt sound like something we would enjoy either. Now that we are platinum on DCL we may branch out some, and the breeze does look pretty nice.

Thanks for posting the review, it looks like a very nice ship. What is holding us back from trying Carnival is the experiences of two of my wife's co workers. They didn't like the atmosphere, and what they told my wife it didnt sound like something we would enjoy either. Now that we are platinum on DCL we may branch out some, and the breeze does look pretty nice.

Check out the new Vista on the Carnival website. It is launching May 2016, spending a few months in Europe and then coming to Miami or Fort Lauderdale in October. We're booked on her 4th voyage, doing the Med in June. I'm excited and a little nervous at the same time, never done anything but DCL, but I figure it's a brand new ship on the Med, how bad can it really be? We just have to keep having an open mind and remember it's not going to be Disney. RCCL just released their new itineraries for 2016 and their new Oasis class ship, Harmony of the Seas in doing the Med in 2016 too, she is Oasis class size, (actually a little bigger), but with Quantum features, and they added 3 water slides to the top deck. Looks pretty dang cool as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter