• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking of cancelling my LeCellier ressies

dchronister

DIS Veteran
I had two ressies at LeCellier for the week of my visit, but I saw on here where they have changed my must have dish (filet w/risotto) so I am considering cancelling both of my ressies there. I know that I won't eat at the Morocco Pavillion, just not my taste, but other than that, what are the better choices at Epcot. I've considered walking over to Yachtsman, I know I like that, but I would still need another place anyway. So, if I could have maybe your top 2 or 3 TS at Epcot, maybe I could form a good idea of what to do. I've also thought about the Mexico Pavilion just because I love the restaurant in front of the temple, it looks so cool, but is the food good. Thanks, Dena

Love San Angel in the Mexican pavilion ....the food is delicious and the atmosphere is amazing! Also love Biergarten and Garden Grill in Epcot.

I'm considering canceling my December ressie there too. I've just kept hearing bad reviews :(. Anybody wanna share if they still love le cellier too?

We ate there on June 13 and loved it! It was our first visit, so we have nothing to compare it to, but my DD loved the filet and risotto. After tasting the risotto I wished that I had ordered it. Unfortunately, she would only let me have one bite!

For whatever it's worth, the new filet dish is very different from the mushroom but is quite good and tastes more summery than the mushroom. I expect the risotto to change seasonally now so if you're going in the fall, the dish could be completely different by then.

I had two ressies at LeCellier for the week of my visit, but I saw on here where they have changed my must have dish (filet w/risotto) so I am considering cancelling both of my ressies there. I know that I won't eat at the Morocco Pavillion, just not my taste, but other than that, what are the better choices at Epcot. I've considered walking over to Yachtsman, I know I like that, but I would still need another place anyway. So, if I could have maybe your top 2 or 3 TS at Epcot, maybe I could form a good idea of what to do. I've also thought about the Mexico Pavilion just because I love the restaurant in front of the temple, it looks so cool, but is the food good. Thanks, Dena

We cancelled our ressies at Le Cellier for our upcoming trip this year too. We've had it for two years straight, the first year for lunch and 1 TS credit, the second year for 2 TS credits. We thought Le Cellier was good, but not up to par to other signatures.

As for another EPCOT dining reservation have you ever been to Via Napoli? It's an Italian restaurant that specializes in pizza but it's nothing like you've tasted before. Another suggestion would be to secure a Rose & Crown spot to get patio viewing for Illuminations.

they still had mushroom risotto in March, and we loved it (as always). Seconding that this may be a seasonal change instead of a permanent one?

We were there in June and it wasn't as good, specifically the risotto. I ordered the filet because I love, love, love risotto. I changed our July reservation over to Yachtsman because they blew us away in June. Leaps and bounds one of our best meals.

The second best meal was Via Napoli. We had the Frito Misto which is definately a vacation only dish but it was delicious. I had this yummy white pizza and and the DD's had veal parm and spagetti. But they were solid dishes.

Le Cellier is not as good as it used to be. I would suggest Via Napoli, Monsier Paul, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Shulas or Flying Fish are very good restaurants in the area.

We also changed our ressies from Le Cellier to Rose & Crown. Did not want to be disappointed with the changes, and we are always satisfied with the menu at R&C. Got a 7:45 and hope to get an outside table to catch illuminations. That will make our night.

The Yachtsman is an very good choice. You could also try the Flying Fish (on the Boardwalk) we were there just 3 weeks ago & I had the New York Strip & DW had Scallops, both were excellent.

EPCOT has some really great places to eat. Biergarten, La Hacienda de San Angel, Rose & Crown, &Tokyo Dining would be some of my Suggestions. But if you would want to take a short walk or a boat ride you can go over to Flying Fish Cafe, or Yachtsmans.

No opinion on Le Cellier because we haven't eaten there in a couple of years. However, Epcot has lots of good options to eat. Rose & Crown, Les Chefs de France, Via Napoli, Tutto Italia, Biergarten, and San Angel Inn have all been hits for us over the years. Haven't been to Monsieur Paul's, but I have heard very good things about it.

Le Cellier used to be one of our favorites too, but we don't think it has the same quality as it used to or the quality of the other signatures. Some of our favorite restaurants at Epcot are: Tutto Italia, Teppa Edo, and Akershus. I really enjoyed Via Napoli, but the rest of my family didn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter