Thinking of buying: how much do you enjoy

philliesflyers

Hockey mom
We are thinking of buying a resale timeshare. We would bank points and go every 3 years. Can you telll me how you feel about timeshare. Was it worth it. Pros/cons.

thanks,

Amy

Resale is a smart move. Yes, DVC is well worth it for us; we go every year or more often.

We go to WDW at least 2x per year. We loved DVC so much, we've bought other timeshares resale(Wyndham, Starwood)

Just came back last Sunday from a 17 day trip to Hawaii. All but 1 night was spent in 2br units(Wyndham/Starwood) on Oahu, Big Island and Kauai.

Being able to plan ahead is a big plus. I started putting the HI trip together in Nov. 2008.

With DVC, by planning our points out and hitting the booking windows, we've been able to book our first choice on all our stays(about 9 trips since we bought, 3 more coming up).

We are empty nesters, but when we were raising our DSs, we went every 3 years. I would have gone to heaven if we could have had these villas instead of the resort roooms. Finally, as the kids were older, teens, we "found" the FW trailers to rent and things were better. However, if DVC had been around in the '80s, we would have bought and booked the wonderful villas in a heartbeat!

We are DGPs now and we love DVC. We take the extended family a few times a year...none of this "every 3 years" anymore!!!"

Bobbi:goodvibes

I do love our DVC. I assume you are thinking of buying a really small contract if you must bank in order to go every 3 years. I think it's a good idea to start really small. We started by splitting 150 points with another couple, so we really can only afford the points to go every other year if we want bigger than a studio. It's been ideal for us. Good luck with your decision.

We have avoided other timeshares.

We like DVC - it makes sense for us because we like to vacation at DW and DL, and we like the Disney touch and deluxe accomodations.

We originally thought we would go every other year. Nope, we go several times a year.
We have bought direct and resale several times each!

LOVE IT!

We go several times a year as well. We've been able to bring our childrens' friends, our friends and my inlaws so far. Everyone has benefited and we feel there is no better way to go.

Not only can you go to DW all the time, you can also choose to go wherever, whenever and stay in deluxe accomodations.

I am always leary of buying into certain things but my husband has a finance background and he did some financial figuring. DVC is more than worth it. I don't know why everyone doesn't sign up!

Love it, love it, love it!!:cheer2: To us this is the only timeshare worth buying! :thumbsup2 Good luck on your decision! :yay:

DH and I go AT LEAST once a year. It's the best money we ever spent. It's definitely worth it for us and we're so happy we did it young. Now that we have a DD on the way, it'll be even more worth it. :goodvibes

We bought a 150 pt. BCV resale a year ago and have used it once so far. We absolutely LOVE it!! :goodvibes We would take several trips a year if we could afford it, but unfortunately will have to be happy with once a year or every other year for now. We have not experienced any "cons" only "pro's". :thumbsup2 We LOVE WDW and are thrilled be able to stay in Deluxe Accomodations at Disney's beautiful resorts. We have 2 small children and plan on taking Many more magical Disney trips in all the years ahead of us.

Best of luck in your decision!!

We bought resale at the resort we love, and we go every year. We love being DVC members. It's saved us a bundle and has allowed us to stay at our favorite resort without guilt or compromise.

We absolutely adore having DVC. Our vacations are more relaxed now because we know we will be back. The rooms are gorgeous. We enjoy staying at the Deluxe resorts. We own at Boardwalk and love having the boardwalk view and being so close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We love being able to take others with us. We love being able to still go on vacation when money is tight. My sister and brother-in-law love going with us and staying at the Beach Club Villas.

We go to WDW much more than before we owned DVC.

I would personally be a little apprehensive about joining DVC for a trip every 3 years. A new job, a new baby, or an extended illness could come up and then you would lose 3 years worth of points!!

DO consider trips at least every other year for that purpose and buy your points accordingly.

If you plan to go less than once per year, do plan to go early in your UY, so that you can regroup if necessary.

If you have a fixed date vacation every year, (My Brother-in-law only gets the week of the 4th of July), then PLEASE do not purchase DVC to use every 3rd year. Things happen!!!

We had originally planned to use DVC every other year, and now average 3 trips every 2 years, plus trips to Hilton Head, South Carolina.

We love it and find that it was a great move for us and our Disney vacations. We were going every year and when BLT was built, we knew that it was now time to become DVC owners.

We have stayed there 3 times and I love it! We just got back from vacation in a 1 bedroom there and it made the trip so much more relaxing having the space.

In addition, know that we know we will be going every year, it was easier to spend less time in the parks. It was hot, very hot, and we did what we could in the first few hours and then headed back to the resort. In the past, it would have just felt wrong to do so little (one day, it was just one ride and lunch), but now, it was no worries.

If you know you will be heading to WDW, every 3 years, then a small DVC may work out very well for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter