• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking of booking for next Easter. Are we crazy?

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
We always say we won't go at busy times, but we're desperate to book our next trip. Harriet started year 10 this September and we've already taken her out of school for two weeks for our recent trip. We can't justify taking her out again until she's finished her GCSEs (May/June 2004).

We've considered doing 9 days over the February or May half terms, but would prefer to go for longer if possible. Just how bad is Easter?

Never been at Easter, but if you go in the May half term we can meet you there because that's when we are going!

What do you mean that's put you off then? ;)

Kev

Are you just going for half term? Who with? (Airline as opposed to party members). Matt wants to know if you'll pay for us.

Easter is MAD!!! Very crowded, but if you have been at Christmas then it should not be much worse, compared to October though it is CRAZY!
Ben

I will never go at Easter again. Easter 2000 and Easter 2001 were very busy but Easter 2002 was a nightmare. Record breaking crowds, part due to people rebooking after September 11 and part due to an early Easter coinciding with Spring Break. I am only able to go during school holidays and I prefer a longer break which ties me to Easter, summer or Xmas. I don't like to be away at Xmas so I now go in August. I am prepared to put up with the humidity just to avoid the huge crowds at Easter. If you are able to go at a different time then I definitely would.

Deb.

We are flying out on May 16th and are going on the 7 day Disney cruise on Sat May 17th.
We then move to the Beach Club Villas on the 24 th for 6 nights, flying home on the 30th.

We are flying with Virgin.

And you can tell Matt that he has as much chance of me paying for you as Swindon Town have got of winning the FA Cup.
I mean that in a loving, caring way of course.

When are we going to get the details of the Northern Meet?

Kev

What's all this? A Stringer freebie? Say no more and count me in :teeth: Come on Swindon!

Debbie, we have been many times around the Easter period and the Disney resorts fill up the weekend before - and from that weekend on it is very crowded, either falling away rapidly after Easter if Easter is late - if Easter is early, then you will get Spring Breakers either side of Easter.

It's a great time of year weather-wise and we have worked it various ways to keep one step ahead of the Easter crowds, but this would either entail going out there about a week before schools break up or going out on Easter weekend ...... I work it all out very carefully (!!) and we do go to other parts of Florida too.

Anyway sorry I have to go - I've got to buy my Swindon bobble hat and scarf........... Come on Swindon!

Hi Debbie,

We used to always go at Easter time and have always found the parks fairly quiet during our first week and then busier to very busy during the second week. On our last visit we went from March 26th - April 9th. The first week wasn't too bad and the weather was lovely, - not too hot and not too many crowds and no rain at all.
However the second week the parks seemed to be a lot busier and queue's were much much longer, especially in WDW. If we go again at Easter time we will make sure we do all of the WDW parks in the first week, and then the extras like shopping, discovery cove, Universal, Busch Gardens etc. in the second week.

The visit before last we went from 18th March to 1st April and again we had the same problem - first week fine, second week busy.

However on all of the occasions that we have visited during Easter the weather has been perfect - lovely and warm (but not tooo hot temp) and I can't honestly say I remember it raining once.

Richard.

Shirley, I fear you over-estimate the abilities of the wonderful Swindon Town.

Let me put it this way, if Swindon win the FA Cup this year I will give up beer for life.
Tell you much about their chances?

Kev

Hi, Debbie, we must be mad too, we have booked 18th April, did not realise it was Good Friday when we booked.

We've booked the 19th April - 03rd May does this mean we're going to have all the crowds now? I thought most people would be going the week before this that was part of the reason in holding on a week.

Thanks for all your replies. Looks like we might be out of luck anyway. Tried Virgin Travelstore who say all the discounted rates have gone (Virgin Atlantic flights - didn't ask them to check any other airlines), but could get us PE for £1200. A couple of years ago that would have seemed OK, but when they're selling PE for £700ish, I don't think I could bring myself to pay it.

I then realised (having checked the Virgin Flying Club website) that we could get <b>Miles plus Money</b> flights at £262 Economy/£562 PE. Needless to say, when we phoned they were 'sold out'.

Back to the drawing board...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter