Thinking About Split Stays

NYMEDIC

Mouseketeer
Thinking about splitting stay between POFQ and AKL. Currently we have ressies for POFQ for 7 nights. This is going to be an anniversary trip and was thinking that we should stay at the AKL Concierge for 2 or 3 nights. I want to do something special for my wife and thought that the Sunrise Safari would create a great memory. Is it really worth the extra $$$?

I think worth really depends on what you're looking to get out of it.

If you think that it's worth it for the foods laid out, the extra space in the room, and having someone to make your Priority Seatings, then by all means do it. Keep in mind that if you're doing it just for the safari that you do have to pay (I think $50-$60 extra) above and beyond the already steep concierge room prices.

Having said that, my fiancée and I would do it in a heartbeat if it were in our budget. We actually initially had booked the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and if AP rates were released, we would have tried to get concierge to be able to take the sunrise safari.

If it's within your budget, and you want to, I say go for it. :)

We did that exact same split last year. It worked out great. We stayed at POFQ for the first three nights and then AKL concierge the last 3.

It was a surprise for my Dad. He thought we were staying at POFQ the whole time. I "tricked" him by telling him that we were going to AKL for breakfast at Boma. I excused myself during the meal (presumably to the ladies room) and got our keys from Bell Services. Then after the meal I showed him to his new room. He was so surprised and it will remain one of the most memorable moments from all of our trips.

We both enjoyed all the food offerings in the lounge, especially the smoothies. I'm sorry, but I can't remember the specific foods (it's been over a year) I just remember there wasn't a bad bite the whole time.

The Sunrise Safari was worth spending the extra money for concierge. The safari vehicle made numerous stops, allowing for pictures that I would never have been able to get during the regular safari. Our guides provided alot of "behind the scenes" info during the safari, too. And the breakfast afterwards...oh my! What a spread of varied and delicious food!

Moving to a concierge room for the second part of your stay will be the smoothest split-stay you've ever had. Concierge check-in is like night and day to regular check in.

I whole-heartedly recommend this split-stay!!

If you can afford it, AKL Concierge is wonderful and the Sunrise Safari is completely amazing!! It would definitely be that "something special" you're looking for;)

Check out my counter...We're doing it too. 4 days POR and 3 days AKL concierge (woo-hoo!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter