• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking about selling

ogguls22

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about selling our XXX points; can anyone tell me how to get started? Should we sell thru Disney or thru another reseller?

Disney doesn't sell resale. Only new. You'll either use a reselling company (and there are lots of them) or sell them yourself. Or price them low enough to get a quick sale and Disney will buy them on ROFR. But you'll still pay the commission to the reselling company.

Thank you for the reply; this process is a little overwhelming. I have been trying to read threads - is there something magical about the March 20 date?

If you are looking for a quick sale now is the time before 3/20 changes as long as you price it right. I called Time Share Store and inquired about selling our contract, they were very nice, not at all pushy and actually e-mailed me all the information I needed and said in the e-mail if I had questions please call. I did end up listing the contract and it was sold before it even got on the website and I did not price it low - I took TSS advice and priced it in the range they were suggesting it would reasonably sell at. Good luck

Just FYI - I edited the OP's post to remove some details so that this thread cannot be construed as a "FOR SALE" post.

The DIS welcomes questions on the sales process, but does not allow "FOR SALE" posts.

Thank you - my post was not meant to be a "for sale" at all - just a process question. I thank you for looking out for my best interest.

3/20 Is the date that DVC has put to take some of the "perks" away from resale purchases such as being allowed to use points for cruises, Disney collection and a few more. As long as a contract is in DVC hands for ROFR before 3/20 then the buyer is grandfathered in to get all the perks as a buyer purchasing directly from DVC. Some think after this date resale prices will go down a bit. Alot of resale buyers are out there right now before the change goes into effect.

I have never sold a DVC interest but last year I bought a resale through The Timeshare Store. I was new to the DVC game and they were very helpful and responsive to my many questions and not at all pushy. TTS explained the resale process to me thouroughly, my transaction was concluded exactly as it was explained to me and I was very happy with the results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter