• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

thinking about Saratoga springs villa,animal kingdom villa and boardwalk villa

Patrickprincess

faith trust and pixie dust
I'm having a hard time. deciding where to stay. I am looking at Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas boardwalk and Saratoga Springs. I like all three of them. Could someone tell me the pros and one of each one, I will be going alone, plan on purchasing the dinning plan. Will have a six or seven day base ticket. Thanks

SSR - if you see yourself going to DTD every day. Pros: close to DTD, short bus ride to MK, Epcot, DHS, and some possible great views. Cons: spread out resort, bus can be full during busy hours, multiple bus stops, bus everywhere.

BWV - if you prefer Epcot/DHS more days than MK. Pros: walk/boat to 2 parks, lots of restaurants, evening entertainment. Cons: long bus ride to MK, possible long walk to room from bus/boat.

AKV - if you prefer AK or will spend more time in the resort. Pros: lots to resort activities, savannah views are great, quick bus ride to AK. Cons: possible long walk to room from bus, limited restaurants, bus everywhere.

AKV savannah views, if you've never been, are unbeatable, we prefer Kidani to Jambo! Access to Jiko and Sanaa love both! We enjoy SSR as well with its close proximate to DTD for dining, movies etc. and the Turf Club makes a tasty prime rib! Boardwalk just a boat or walk to Epcot during F & W is fantastic and so easy. Love the BW bakery croissants in the morning. When are you going? With the buses, having a car or not isn't a big deal in my opinion. Each resort has its own charm, I wouldn't hesitate to book any of them. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
I'm a huge AKV fan but for a solo trip I'm tempted to recommend BWV. Will feel much more like the centre of the activity.

It sounds like you might be in a studio? All one, two, three bedroom villas have full sized kitchens with real refrigerators. Studios have always had a small freezer section in the studio refrigerator, but many of those are being replaced with undercounter refrigerators with no freezer section.

It sounds like you might be in a studio? All one, two, three bedroom villas have full sized kitchens with real refrigerators. Studios have always had a small freezer section in the studio refrigerator, but many of those are being replaced with undercounter refrigerators with no freezer section.

The renovated BWV studio I saw DID have a freezer in the refrigerator.
OP, when do you plan to go?

I would recommend BWV. SSR: Pros - close to downtown disney, Cons - bus system could be worst with long trips around the resort itself before departing. AKV: Pros - probably the best resort of all if you are simply staying at the resort and not going to parks, Cons - resort is pretty far away from all but AKV. BWV: Pros - can walk/boat to Epcot and DHS, tons of meal choice nearby with Epcot, boardwalk, and the Swan/Dolphin. Cons - can't really think of any, but own here and it is my favorite resort to stay.

I would recommend BWV. SSR: Pros - close to downtown disney, Cons - bus system could be worst with long trips around the resort itself before departing. AKV: Pros - probably the best resort of all if you are simply staying at the resort and not going to parks, Cons - resort is pretty far away from all but AKV. BWV: Pros - can walk/boat to Epcot and DHS, tons of meal choice nearby with Epcot, boardwalk, and the Swan/Dolphin. Cons - can't really think of any, but own here and it is my favorite resort to stay.
BWV con - parking can be a nightmare.

I will not have a car. I'm planning on going to the parks but planning a day at the resort. I'm hoping for eight nights at the boardwalk. AKV dose sound nice but with no car a bit worried about the distance to the parks.

We have stayed in all three. As far as buses are concerned, I feel like the AKV buses were the best. They were frequent and less crowded than the others, and we stayed there at the busiest time (between Christmas and New Years) The boardwalk buses stop at a lot of places (Swan/Dolphin, Beach/Yacht, as well as BW) If you want to spend a lot of time in the Epcot area (which we sometimes do) then BW is a great choice. I just wasn't thrilled with anything about SSR. It was okay, but nothing gave me much of a "wow" factor.

BWV con - parking can be a nightmare.

Besides OP saying they won't have a car, I don't see it as a nightmare.

We've all seen the posts where there was a convention or an event and the guard wouldn't let someone in.

Grand Floridian, for the hotel, in my opinion can be a challenge as can a number of resorts. If you do have to use the overflow lot it is a hike, but for me never an issue. I use the overflow lot to visit BW when I am not staying there. Typically I am taking a boat or a bus to parks when staying there so I am not running to the car 5 or 6 times a day. The walk at WL and Jambo House always seem like a hike even if I have a close spot, just because parking is on the other side of the rock/landscaping and the paths are not direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter