• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking about opening an ING CD. Anyone have one?

OceanAnnie

I guess I have a thing against
Their rates are a tad better than the banks, but the bank stipulates a much higher min. balance for the higher rate. I *think* I'm going to do the 60 months CD for 4.95%. I need to investigate whether it's compounded quarterly or monthly. Don't recall seeing the break out.

Does anyone have a CD with ING? If so are you satisfied? TIA!

Yes, i have two! They are both for 1 year - 1 i already renewed once. no problem at all!

www.ingdirect.com

If you look at the product and rates, you'll see a break out of %s. I was mistaken for 60 months its 4.90. Still a very good rate with no minimum that I see.

I've decided to open one for each of the kids too. :)

I have several with ING and one with etrade bank(which has a higher rate right now)

Both are FDIC insured

I don't have the CD, just a regular account, but I LOVE it!! Interest is great, but I can also access my money at any time without penalty!

I've had ING CDs in the past and just recently moved money into a 6-month CD at 4.7% interest. I just didn't feel comfortable tying my money up for 5 years for the extra .2% that they're offering on the 60-month CDs.

With previous CDs, it was very easy to cash them out after they matured and move them into my savings account. You can also elect to rollover the mature CD into a new one, if you don't need to have the cash available.

Yeah. You're right M4TM 4.7 % is good for 12 months. I've reconsidered and will try it for a year before I do 5 years. :upsidedow I've got 3 regular accounts with ING. Had them for years. Been happy with them. Heard about ING first here on the BB. :) Looking forward to trying a new product with them!

Thanks for the replies! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter