Thinking about not posting this....

I am not going to let this kind of things spoil my trips. I'm going on the 19th and the joy I'll get from this trip will be the best insult agains the hate these kind of people feel.

Moreover, chances of getting involved in these kind of attacks are negligible. It's much more dangerous to cross the road.

someone posted this on another forum so Im just going to copy and paste my comment here

I used to try to calm the fears of people but honestly Im tired of explaining things logically and rationally. If you dont feel safe not going to DLP because of this recent report, then fine, dont go. People like you are actually beneficial to the rest of us. When people like you dont go, it lowers attendance, which means we have shorter wait times and the restaurants are less crowded and we can get great deals on hotels and can enjoy the parks better.

So go ahead, stay at home and live in your cotton wool land while the rest of us go on with our lives and make amazing memories in Disneyland Paris

We shouldn't let things like this change the way we live our lives, because if we do then the terrorists have won. We have to show these people that they cannot control us. Yes, its scary that people can even think about doing something like this and see innocent people as targets, but they won't be stopping me from going.

I've noticed that most people don't let this bother them (personally I was there two weeks after Charlie Hebdo and a few days after the Bataclan) but it does hit you A LOT harder when its been a specific date that was targeted - and its a day that you're due to be there yourself. The worst bit about that date is that basically all of the shops are shut, reducing the amount of places people can hide, and as far as i'm away theres no way out of the parks except the main turnstiles so if anything did happen, you'd basically be trapped.

i am going to be there on that date.
we did consider cancelling the trip we we decided to go and try to make the most out of it.
security there will obviously be heightened even more now.

please dont give out on park weak points or hide outs. you never know who is watching the threads!

........... theres no way out of the parks except the main turnstiles so if anything did happen, you'd basically be trapped.

I would be very surprised if this was the only way out. There will be emergency exits all around the park to allow a quick evacuation if needed.

I mean I have never seen deliveries being made through the turnstiles or the rubbish being taken out......

and as far as i'm away theres no way out of the parks except the main turnstiles so if anything did happen, you'd basically be trapped.

OMG thats sooo no true, I guess you have never checked out Disneyland Paris on Google maps. Are you that naive to think that everything from deliveries to employees to park guests just go through the one same entrance at the top of Main Street under the Disneyland Hotel???

I've noticed that most people don't let this bother them (personally I was there two weeks after Charlie Hebdo and a few days after the Bataclan) but it does hit you A LOT harder when its been a specific date that was targeted - and its a day that you're due to be there yourself. The worst bit about that date is that basically all of the shops are shut, reducing the amount of places people can hide, and as far as i'm away theres no way out of the parks except the main turnstiles so if anything did happen, you'd basically be trapped.

Do you really think there is only one way out of the park? Do you think that would EVER have passed safety measures? There are plenty of ways out, for emergencies and staff and deliveries and a million other things, just not on a general day for visitors.

No no, I know there will be other exits, but will they be locked? will people know where they are? I wouldn't imagine CMs would be standing around pointing you in the right direction if anything did happen if you get what I mean.

In fact, I've just tried to research into the emergency exits from the park, but only info for ride exits is coming up - i'd guess thats because once you're outside you're "safe" if there was a fire or an earthquake etc.

Does anyone know of any of the locations of the actual park emergency exits? Can't see them listed on the park maps either..

No no, I know there will be other exits, but will they be locked? will people know where they are? I wouldn't imagine CMs would be standing around pointing you in the right direction if anything did happen if you get what I mean.

you obviously have no clue, of course CM's will be standing around pointing you in the right direction, emergency evacuation will be part of their training. No the exits wont be locked, thats against European Legislation. There will be plans and procedures and emergency evacuation routes put in place

you obviously have no clue, of course CM's will be standing around pointing you in the right direction, emergency evacuation will be part of their training. No the exits wont be locked, thats against European Legislation. There will be plans and procedures and emergency evacuation routes put in place

If someone was running around with a gun, would you actually still stand there? Because I know for sure I wouldn't be. I'm a fire marshall at work, helping people out of the store when theres a fire is one thing, but when theres people out specifically to kill people where you are I really wouldn't be hanging around.

Do you know where these emergency exits are?
And its not the emergency exits I was asking if they'd be locked, it was the ones for deliveries and the removal of rubbish as those were stated in the above comments.

In fact, I've just tried to research into the emergency exits from the park, but only info for ride exits is coming up - i'd guess thats because once you're outside you're "safe" if there was a fire or an earthquake etc.

Does anyone know of any of the locations of the actual park emergency exits? Can't see them listed on the park maps either..

Oh for goodness sakes this is getting a tad ridiculous. Disneyland Paris has a road called Boulevard du Grand Fosse which circles the entire property. Some of this road is public, some of it is backstage at Disneyland Paris. When you are on the train going from Frontierland to Fantasyland you can see part of it. Just go to Google Maps and you can see.

Oh for goodness sakes this is getting a tad ridiculous. Disneyland Paris has a road called Boulevard du Grand Fosse which circles the entire property. Some of this road is public, some of it is backstage at Disneyland Paris. When you are on the train going from Frontierland to Fantasyland you can see part of it. Just go to Google Maps and you can see.

So do you know where the emergency exits are or not? it'd be helpful to know before we go? Can't see the actual exits on maps but obviously, yes, there are roads surrounding the park.

So do you know where the emergency exits are or not? .

Yes I do, having been in a terrorist attack and having PTSD from that experience, I make it my business to know that I am safe. I dont know them off hand, but when I was there in February 2016, I did take note of emergency exits and the layout of the park. I was there on my own so personal safety is important to me

If someone was running around with a gun, would you actually still stand there? Because I know for sure I wouldn't be. I'm a fire marshall at work, helping people out of the store when theres a fire is one thing, but when theres people out specifically to kill people where you are I really wouldn't be hanging around.

Do you know where these emergency exits are?
And its not the emergency exits I was asking if they'd be locked, it was the ones for deliveries and the removal of rubbish as those were stated in the above comments.

The exits are quite clear as you walk around the park, they are the areas with big giant gates that are used by CM's - these would be opened and there are very many of them. Behind those big giant gates will be emergency exits, and they will be manned by security guards, whose first job upon any emergency will be to unlock those gates or they will be triggered centrally by computer in an emergency.

And yes, if I worked there I would help people to find those gates in an emergency. It is very doubtful that there would ever be such a huge number of terrorists to be able to wander round shooting everyone, so there would be many areas where people would be directing others to safety. Same as in any terror attack or emergency. I'm a teacher, I would put myself at risk to save my pupils. I would put myself at risk to save any child. I would hope I would try to help anyone in a situation rather than thinking of myself first. Especially if I was trained in that situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter