Thinking about my 1st solo trip...

goofyfordisney

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

My AP will be expiring in Sept and although I've gone on 4 trips this past year, I'm really thinking I want to take a last minute solo trip before my pass expires (my 1st solo trip to DL). :eek: My DH said he'd rather not go for such a quick trip (and its the beginning of football season...:rolleyes:)

My plan: Fly from San Jose early on Saturday morning (arrive by 9:00 a.m. at SNA) and fly home late on Sunday night.

I have points on Southwest for my flights - so, no cost. I booked an AP rate for DLH for 1 night. I know...only 1 night - but, I can't take any time off of work right now...

I would do all of the things I like to do - ride a few rides, catch WOC and the fireworks, sit on a bench and people watch, shop...

Should I do it? I need some tips about Disney Express vs. shuttle too.

TIA! :goodvibes

Should you do it? :rotfl2: There really is no question of should its more like how crazy would I be not to? :goodvibes Go...have fun, any Disney is worth it :wizard:

I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone on this site who'll tell you it's a bad idea. Go, and have a great time!

I don't know if I would go by myself, because half the fun of Disneyland is sharing the experience with people you love (or at least like :)). I think seeing all those other families there would make me miss my own.

That being said, would you enjoy going to the movies by yourself? If the answer is yes, then go for it!

I don't think you'll regret a solo trip at all. It's surprising how even the most crowded day at the park can still be relaxing without having any schedule to keep. It sounds like you already have the perfect plan going into it!

The only advice I have on the transportation you asked about, is the DL Express. I usually use it when flying in to SNA and it's pretty easy and the DLH is the first stop if I remember correctly.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for all of your replies! :thumbsup2 I guess I already knew the answer to my question - of course I'm going to go! :yay:

I just found out that my sister-in-law and her family will be there too - although they are driving down and will probably arrive on Saturday late afternoon. So, I can meet up with them for some of the time too.

I just decided to add Friday night too...so, now I will have 2 nights! :cool1:

Thanks for the recommendation about the DL Express. We normally hire a car to pick us up when we go as a family. I think the DL Express is much more affordable since its just me this time. ;)

Yippee!! I'm going to Disneyland!!!! :dance3:

DO IT!

I thinking about doing a solo trip next year myself. Doing all the things that I never get to do.

I'm also in San Jose!

Hubs and I will both be taking solo trips sometime in the next year. Me most likely in the spring, he in the summer.

Hi all,

I'm heading to DLR today! So excited that I decided to do it! :cool1:

Thanks for all of your encouragement to go!

Now...I'm thinking I might reconsider letting my passes expire...:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter