Thinking about day trip to Universal

aksmith83

Earning My Ears
We are going to be in Disney for a week but are thinking about maybe extending our trip by a day in the beginning and taking my son to Harry Potter World. He is a huge Harry Potter fan and thought this might be a fun suprise. We will be meeting friends in Disney on Sunday and have a two bedroom booked with them so we would need accommodations for Friday and Sat night. We are DVC members so could book at those resorts for 2 nights. We also have Marriott points that we could use at at Marriott near by. There are the Universal hotels as well.
If you were going with a 6 and 4 year old mainly to do Harry Potter for 1 day where would you stay? Are they to young for it do you think?

Personally, I'd wait until the youngest was about 7-8, and then plan a trip just to Universal for the family.

When are you going?

If it is during the summer and a very crowded period, I'd go with HM's thoughts

I first went in late June with my boys, but not until the youngest had jturned 7.

It's very busy there in mid-summer. You'd be spending $108/$103 a ticket ($422) just for one park and what? about ~$156 each for both parks ($624). Diagon Alley is in Universal and Hogsmeade is in IOA, so if you want to do both parts of the World of Harry Potter you have to buy the two-park tickets (which also allows you to ride the train).

I just think you'll be happier waiting until they are a bit older and can spend more time in the parks. We found that doing a family trip when our kids were 8 and 10 was perfect. We did three days at Universal/IOA and then two days at Seaworld. Multiday tickets are less expensive per day, just like at Disney.

Problem is height limits. You'll need to think about a plan for the kids not tall enough to ride and what it means to your group.

I'd wait. Much better deal to stay and do a few days at Universal. You could easily add on another day to your WDW trip for very little money, if you want.

I would wait. The Potter areas are very magical but 1) the height requirements 2) even if the 6 and 4 yr old make the requirements, the 2 signature rides ( gringotts and forbidden journey) are pretty intense and might scare them. and 3) one day park to park tickets aren't cheap and aren't discounted so that is an expensive day

I would also wait till they're a bit older, for all the reasons listed above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter