thinking about buying a camper.

jeffrey66

Earning My Ears
After testing the idea of camping with an rv by renting a couple of times I have decided that this is the way i want to vacation. For about a year I have been looking at different campers, trying to figure out what works best for us and I really like the Jayco x23f. Before I make the final decision I am looking to hear from anyone who has experince with the Jayco expandable TT. Any info will be appreciated.

We have owned 3 Jayco brand TTs. Each time upsizing. They have the best warranty and a quality product. We know a few people that have expandables also and loved them. Best advice: get the one you want first. It gets expensive to be trading up. Same for your tow vehicle.

Happy Camping!

We once upgraded from a Jayco Pop-up to a Jayco 23B expandable. We loved them both. They were both extremely well built. My brother and cousin have each had Jayco TT with no problems.

I had a Jayco, although not the expandable...Can never say enough positive about my Jayco experience...Loved the trailer:), and the company was wonderful!

2goofycampers said:
We have owned 3 Jayco brand TTs. Each time upsizing. They have the best warranty and a quality product. We know a few people that have expandables also and loved them. Best advice: get the one yo want first. It gets expensive to be trading up. Same for your tow vehicle.

Happy Camping!

2 Goofy campers, Thanks for your input. I was originally thinking about the x18d but after seeing the x23d I was already planning an upgrade before I bought anything. I thought i should just take some more time to save the extra money for the bigger camper. It sounds like I will be happy with the quality of the jayco.
Thanks, jeffrey66

AuntBJ said:
We once upgraded from a Jayco Pop-up to a Jayco 23B expandable. We loved them both. They were both extremely well built. My brother and cousin have each had Jayco TT with no problems.

AuntBJ, I looked at a used 23b that was for sale in my town about a month ago and the price was pretty good for how clean it was. The owners took great care of it and I almost bought it but someone else was quicker than me. As it turns out we wont have time to go camping until next summer so it will be better to buy it next spring. Thanks for the reply.
Jeffrey66

My in-laws have had a Jayco in the past, it was a 5th wheel however. That one was our favorite out of all the different models and brands they have had over the years.

Until now. Within about 2 weeks we both traded in/up to Cougars. We went from a TINY 19 foot pull behind to a 5th wheel.

2012 Keystone Cougar 322QBS is what we got and the in-laws got a 2013
2013 Keystone Cougar 330RBK is what I think they got.

I recommend getting the most your vehicle will pull and you can afford! We are SOOO happy and excited for ours. We have decided nothing will be perfect, but we love the set up we have. Our daughter has her own"room" with the bunkhouse up front and it's MUCH more comfortable than being all squished together in the smaller one.

With the fold out type I always wondered how well it would stay cool/warm on those?

malibuconlee said:
My in-laws have had a Jayco in the past, it was a 5th wheel however. That one was our favorite out of all the different models and brands they have had over the years.

Until now. Within about 2 weeks we both traded in/up to Cougars. We went from a TINY 19 foot pull behind to a 5th wheel.

2012 Keystone Cougar 322QBS is what we got and the in-laws got a 2013
2013 Keystone Cougar 330RBK is what I think they got.

I recommend getting the most your vehicle will pull and you can afford! We are SOOO happy and excited for ours. We have decided nothing will be perfect, but we love the set up we have. Our daughter has her own"room" with the bunkhouse up front and it's MUCH more comfortable than being all squished together inmalibu the smaller one.

With the fold out type I always wondered how well it would stay cool/warm on those?

Malibuconlee, Congratulations on the purchase of your new Cougar, it sounds great. I'll bet your anxious to use it if you haven't already. We are pulling with an F350 diesel so I'm sure I could pull more but the cost of the unit I am considering is about the max for me right now. The other issue I have to consider is the amount of space I have on my property to store it when not being used. Your point about the fold out tents on cold days is a good one and I will put some thought into that.
Thanks,
Jeffrey66

Thanks, we love it. Took it last weekend to a family reunion. Actually this is the first weekend since we brought it home Labor Day Weekend we haven't used it!

DOn't want to discourage you, but that's the thing I've always wondered about those fold outs. We camper looked for many years before buying. We hadn't planned to upgrade right now, but a "do you want to go camper looking, we haven't done that in a long time" turned into, well, they are giving us a great deal and more on our trade in than we thought so why not?

Good luck on your decision I hope you find something you'll spend many weekends and vacations enjoying!

We had a Jayco 5th wheel a few years ago, they build a fine and very goo quality unit plus they offer a 2 year warranty, not many do that. We were in Indiana this year and drove thru the town they are made in, lets just say for the towns sake they never go out of buisness.
I think you will be very happy with your choice but let's hope the dealers is as good as the product they sell.

If you have kids, consider what your needs will be in a couple years as they grow. When we bought our first trailer, we bought what was best for that time, but did not take into consideration what would be comfortable as the kids grow. Have fun shopping around and be sure to post some pics once you bring it home!

amie28 said:
If you have kids, consider what your needs will be in a couple years as they grow. When we bought our first trailer, we bought what was best for that time, but did not take into consideration what would be comfortable as the kids grow. Have fun shopping around and be sure to post some pics once you bring it home!

amie28,
I have one 9yo son and the camper I am currently looking at should hold the two of us comfortably with room to spare. The problem I seem to have is seeing another camper that I like even more than the one I already have picked out, but the budget I have will limit the choices. I had considered a larger preowned unit but I am leary of inheriting some already existing problems so I have made my mind up to wait until I can buy a new one. Thanks for your input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter