Thinking about a trip in March- is it super crowded?

We went march 16-19 after our cruise, and it was pretty good. Saturday was a little busier than the other days, and the headline rides still had long waits. We had no problem getting fast passes though (sometimes they run out during busier times). We would definitely do March again. The weather is great.

I think we will skip Saturday. Plan to arrive on Sunday and leave the following Saturday.

We did the last week in March in 2011. We thought the crowds were manageable.we were going to do the same week this year, but with Easter so early, the points were really high. We do plan on going that same week in 2014. Just hopingfor a little less rain. We had two days of intense rain 3/11. But at least the other days were warm and sunny. We went this past November ov Thanksgiving, and it was a little cool for lots of pool time.

We have been mostly in November and you are right it is a little cool. But, we went twice in February and it was VErY cold.

There seem to be a lot of positive people here... I have been to disney at various times during the year. We just went this past sprig break 3/22-30 and I will NEVER go during spring break again. The crowds were the worst I have ever seen. All fast passes at Epcot were gone by 11am...

I just went over the 4th of July a and the park crowds were less than half of the march crowds.

To put it in perspective, on the 4th of July I walked onto Spaceship Earth but during spring break The wait was 55 minutes... Who waits in line for that ride? :)

I feel really bad for people who take their first trip at spring, it is not the way disney should be enjoyed...

The only good thing was we all thought we were robbed of a nice vacation, DH didn't mind that I booked a trip to return in October to make up for the bad one ...

I've been taking seniors on a class trip for the last 18 years,all of them in March anywhere from the 1st to the 17th. The crowds are terrible. I usually vacation with my family in June or July and those 2 months are much more manageable. This past year the sr. trip was the8th-15th and once again I couldn't believe the crowds. If I had a choice I would pretty much pick any other month than March.

This thread pretty much proves it's a crap-shoot. Take a look at the vast diversity of opinions and experiences.

I think what we'd all agree on is that there is no real downtime anymore. Those days are gone with the wind.

Spring break plays into it a lot. Factor that in just as soon as you know the dates and then decide your dates.

After reading all of this I am thinking of January instead. The only reason I wanted to try march was to space out our two trips a bit more, better weather. But now I am think January will be better for us!

It seems like spring break may be busier some weeks than others. I was hoping that ours is less busy and it may very well be. But we won't know unless we try. So now I am debating between week of march 17 and week of January 13. I know I want to stay away from Martin Luther weekend because I have heard that is really busy too!

Great question we are in the same boat but I want to wait until 7 month mark for that same week since I want to use the rest of 2013 points from 2 different resorts along with middle DD doing student teaching and we are unsure if she will be off that week even though college is.

I'll be student teaching next spring, too! :) Finally going to use this degree after a decade at home with my kids. Luckily, my kids' school, the district I'll be student teaching in, and my college all have the same spring break.

We were there early March this year and will be there early March again next year. It was crowded, but not bad- definitely not Easter crowded.

I've done the last week of March for the past three years and the crowds were lighter than expected in 2011 and 2012... However, this year the crowds were very, very heavy due to Easter Sunday on the 31st. We still had a wonderful time... the weather was perfect and the parks were open at 7:00 am. Disney transportation was surprisingly not crowded and Epcot was beautiful! :)

I've done the last week of March for the past three years and the crowds were lighter than expected in 2011 and 2012... However, this year the crowds were very, very heavy due to Easter Sunday on the 31st. We still had a wonderful time... the weather was perfect and the parks were open at 7:00 am. Disney transportation was surprisingly not crowded and Epcot was beautiful! :)

I talked to my daughters and they think that March will be nicer despite the fact it will be busier. None of us have ever been during F & G and would love that. Especially if we are able to book at BWV and walk over. I agree, with Easter being early this year that probably did make it more crowded.....

I'll be student teaching next spring, too! :) Finally going to use this degree after a decade at home with my kids. Luckily, my kids' school, the district I'll be student teaching in, and my college all have the same spring break.

We were there early March this year and will be there early March again next year. It was crowded, but not bad- definitely not Easter crowded.

Good for you and congrats on the student teaching!!!! Lucky that you will have the same break too. My son does not have the same break as the college where our daughters will be. Hence, the first time going on two trips in one year!!!

We just booked AKV Kidani Village this morning for a March 22 arrival. We live in So Cal and our Spring break is the 22-29. Maybe I should start a thread to see when everybody's Spring Break is for 2014. It may help some people decide if they want to go or make it another month.

We were there this year March 20-25.

By doing two early-ish mornings, we were able to do pretty much everything we wanted.

We just booked AKV Kidani Village this morning for a March 22 arrival. We live in So Cal and our Spring break is the 22-29. Maybe I should start a thread to see when everybody's Spring Break is for 2014. It may help some people decide if they want to go or make it another month.

I think that is a great idea!

We still do not know what we can do since up North we have a Feb break and April in the school systems and all colleges have break in March so DD needs to find out if she will be teaching over break. Of course the past 3 years the older 2 DD's have flown down with us on a Weds. evening before Pres. week and stay until Presidents day and fly home while youngest DD and us stay the week. I was so excited thinking we could all go for the week in March (both DD's have the same college break, oldest DD will be out of college) but then the subject of student teaching came up!:( We will see what we can do!

Congrats on getting your student going!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter