• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking about a Christmas cruise...

sillecruisers

Dreaming of the Dream
I'm looking at Christmas 2016 on the Fantasy. Our 20 year anniversary would be during the cruise and we'd spend the day in Jamaica (not too shabby). My question is this: Christmas day is a sea day. What types of activities would there be on Christmas day? Just wondering. We've never spent Christmas anywhere but home and I'm not sure how it would look on a ship.

Thanks!

I'm looking at Christmas 2016 on the Fantasy. Our 20 year anniversary would be during the cruise and we'd spend the day in Jamaica (not too shabby). My question is this: Christmas day is a sea day. What types of activities would there be on Christmas day? Just wondering. We've never spent Christmas anywhere but home and I'm not sure how it would look on a ship.

Thanks!

I can only somewhat answer your question as I haven't done a cruise at Christmas but have spent a couple at Disneyland. The only word to describe Christmas Day at anything Disney is amazing. I've read on here about making gingerbread houses and other special activities during the Christmas cruises, try doing a Christmas cruise search and I'm sure you'll find something.

We sailed on the Fantasy this past Christmas. It was absolutely perfect. It was the first Christmas my husband didn't have to work in 5 years, so we were there to celebrate being together.

We took a small tree with battery operated lights, as well as our sons' stockings with us. We also had one smallish gift for each of us (from our dogs) under the tree.

On Christmas Eve, we took some cookies back to the room from Cabanas at lunch time, and as we were leaving our Dinner that night, the Head Servers were handing out cartons of milk (for Santa). So, we did the milk and cookies thing for Santa, and that was fun.

In the morning, we each opened our present, and the boys undid their stockings, then we went down to the Atrium to see Santa. There was a quick-moving queue to see him, and the CMs handed out hot chocolate and cookies whilst we were in line. Santa was fabulous and took the time to talk to each of my sons (who were almost 11 and 16 at the time ... so big boys) then we posed for one of our best family photos ever! After we saw Santa, we went into the Royal Court for breakfast. We had Mimosa and Eggs Julia and Pancakes and it was lovely.

After breakfast we saw the opening day release of "Into The Woods" at the movie theatre.

There was a dance party and special Character meets and church services for those who wanted that. There was plenty to do, and it felt very special.

Dinner that night was Semi-Formal, and everyone everywhere was really in the holiday spirit. I didn't miss the 15 people sitting in my dining room at home waiting for me to deliver the turkey to them one little bit!!

We've cruised on the Dream for Christmas 2011 and the Fantasy for Christmas 2013 and loved it both times! Christmas morning you can visit Santa in the atrium. There was a spread of cookies and hot chocolate. On one cruise we then quickly took off for a shore excursion. On the other, we had a sea day and enjoyed family time watching movies, playing putt putt, etc. We got my father-in-law a Santa surfing aloha shirt that he enjoyed wearing all day. On both cruises we wore fun Santa hats, too.

Be sure to sign up for a gingerbread house making event. They were free. You sign up at guest services on embarkation day. It was a great memory for my kids.

Enjoy!

Thought I would upload the Navigator from Christmas Day 2014 on the Fantasy.

Oh and by the way we LOVED cruising at Christmas. So much to see and do on board. The only thing I don't get is why do folks walk around all day in their PJ's? On Christmas day there were so many folks in their PJ's getting pictures with Santa, then they would stay in them all day. Weird IMHO.

Attachments

• DCL Fantasy - Personal Navigator Dec 25 2014_Day 6 - At Sea_pg 1.pdf
    734.9 KB · Views: 21
  • DCL Fantasy - Personal Navigator Dec 25 2014_Day 6 - At Sea_pg 2.pdf
    769.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DCL Fantasy - Personal Navigator Dec 25 2014_Day 6 - At Sea_pg 3.pdf
    677.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DCL Fantasy - Personal Navigator Dec 25 2014_Day 6 - At Sea_pg 4.pdf
    734.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DCL Fantasy - Personal Navigator Dec 25 2014_Day 6 - At Sea_pg 5.pdf
    859.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DCL Fantasy - Personal Navigator Dec 25 2014_Day 6 - At Sea_pg 6.pdf
    746 KB · Views: 4
Be sure to sign up for a gingerbread house making event. They were free. You sign up at guest services on embarkation day. It was a great memory for my kids.

Enjoy!
Sign up as soon as you get on board. We didn't and missed out on this. It was booked up by the first day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter