Thinking a trip with no kids....still fun?

Touring WDW as an adult-only party is a revelation. Its a wonderful opportunity to spend time looking at details, doing more "adult" attractions and skipping those that appeal less, enjoying some fine dining experiences and, in general, just doing what interests you.
Perfectly stated! :thumbsup2

OP, doing WDW without kids is WONDERFUL. You can actually enjoy it for yourselves, instead of catering your trip to your children. Do it, it'll be a "whole new world."

Also, here on the there's an entire forum dedicated to Solo and Adults-Only travelers! Make sure you check it out... You'll meet so many of us who love seeing the world without kids in tow! :cutie:

Husband and I in our early 50s. Raised one child who is now 32 with a wife and two kids of his own. Have had every loving parents of our own. Been to Disney World with every combination of all of the above. And been lots of time with just the two of us.

For the two of us? We did go when our son was still at home and we left him there. Gosh, that was a special trip. No reason for it except we could both go and school for our son was the best choice (and he agreed). We had fun, he did what was needed.

You are asking if it would be good without kids? Why not? Why not do things your kids would think silly or stupid? Or, on the opposite end, why not have a nice meal somewhere and just realize why you are with the person you are with for the rest of your life and why your kids are special to you? Why not realize that while your kids are special to you, let are their own people? Why not remember all the fun times you've had there as a family? Why not remember the times before the kids were born? You get one life, live it!

Definitely!

If you look around Disney, you'll find a lot of adults without kids.

My husband and I went three years in a row before we had kids. We even did it over Christmas break those years and had a blast! We had to adjust to doing it with kids. It is so much easier to do it without kids. We can't do it without kids now because we would have no one to watch them. I'm sure that we'll continue to go long past the point that our kids are grown up.

Personally for some of the families I don't see how Disney is fun with kids. :rolleyes1

Me and my wife already acknowledge when we do finally have kids one or both our parents will come along so we can have some time to ourselves.

Disney is an amazing place for couples to go and part of the reason you read its a great honeymoon spot. (I know we did our honeymoon at Disney and we hadn't either been to Disney in like 15 years)

Reasons to not have kids with you:
Ride exactly what the two of you want
Eat exactly where you want
Try an "expensive" restaurant or two that you wouldn't take your kids to
Try a tour or two
Do a special dining experience (Epcot Nights, Wine Tastings, Balcony at GF)
Relax and realize you can do WDW at your own pace

Personally for some of the families I don't see how Disney is fun with kids. :rolleyes1

I agree, usually the grumpy miserable adults at WDW are the ones dragging around a miserable, screaming 3 year old!

We've enjoyed taking our son, but we enjoy "us" time too. Our F&W trip will be just the two of us, we're super excited!!! It'll be our 2nd adult only trip. Last time we had a whole day where we just chilled at the monorail resorts having drinks and snacks, and ended the evening at Ragland Road watching the dancers.

DH and I bought DVC almost 8 years before we had our daughter. We have already enjoyed so many trips and have really great memories of just him and I. Now that she's almost one, we have had a few trips with her and we have loved everyone of them, but we have said on several occasions how we look forward to when she will be old enough for us to sneak down there with out her. We waited a long time to have her, but we treasure our alone time so we can reconnect as a couple. Go! You will have a blast!

We go to Disney quite a bit. Going again in sept.

Me and my wife are thinking of going to Disney in feb but with no kids.
It will be my bday. But also we want to do keys to,the kingdom tour and experience more of the countries in Epcot. Kids always seem to get tired and lazy around the countries.

Is the trip still fun with no kids? Would be my first trip anywhere with out them.
Was thinking a beach vacation also. But we go to beach every summer as well.

DW and I went sans kids for 10 years before they were born---- we loved it!! A totally different experience now with our 3 and 8 year old, but those trips without the kids--- ah !! 11 days used to feel like 2--- now after 2 , feels like 11 !!!

:lmao:

We're thinking of doing a trip sans kids so that we can enjoy the Flower & Garden Festival and do the Gardens of the World Tour offered at that time. My kids would think that was a complete waste of Disney time.

We always go to Disney without kids; one vacation with them and one without them. We get to see the parks a whole different way and see things we don't get to see with the kids since we aren't running from ride to ride. We also get to eat at restaurants that the kids would have no interest in...go ahead and enjoy it...

We go to Disney quite a bit. Going again in sept.

Me and my wife are thinking of going to Disney in feb but with no kids.
It will be my bday. But also we want to do keys to,the kingdom tour and experience more of the countries in Epcot. Kids always seem to get tired and lazy around the countries.

Is the trip still fun with no kids? Would be my first trip anywhere with out them.
Was thinking a beach vacation also. But we go to beach every summer as well.

I think it would be fun.

But then for the past 4 years, I leave the husband and kids at home and go by myself! I actually like my solo trips better than the trips we take with the family. I can do what I want when I want which is wonderful.

I wish I had started doing it when they were even younger. I call them my Moms Mental Health Trip.

My husband and I love going with our children, but we especially loved our last trip without them (they didn't mind, since we booked a Disney Cruise for them to go with us later).

Here's why we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves:

1. We loved not having the pressure of making it to rope drop because the kids wanted to ride every single ride at the parks. We enjoyed our favorite rides at a much more relaxed pace.

2. We actually got to ride with and next to each other (the kids always argued about who gets to sit with each of us, so we never got to ride together)--I was able to hang on to my honey during the drop on Splash , and all through ToT...Loved it <3

3. We splurged and got the premium dining plan, something we always thought was a waste with our 4 kids and their small appetites. We enjoyed trying many of the signature dining restaurants. The highlight was the amazing, mouth watering, 3 tiered seafood tower appetizer at Fulton's Crab House. Also loved Narcoossee's, Flying Fish cafe (they offered complimentary champagne for our anniversary :)), Jiko, and Sanaa.

4. It was much more relaxing not having to referee sibling arguements, drag tired kids back to the resort after a long day at the parks, make sure they didnt forget to shower/ brush their teeth, find misplaced pajamas, all of which I don't mind doing for my wonderful kids, but the break was nice

5. We ended our nights at our resort (Coronado Springs) relaxing in the hot tub, then drip-drying under the stars in a hammock...sooo relaxing and romantic :)

6. Just about when we start to miss our kiddos, it's time to go home. And when we get home, we get special attention and lots of loving, and our kids stop taking us for granted...at least for a few days :)

Go have fun! You wont regret it :)

Like many others, we don't have children and we have enjoyed each and every trip we've ever taken!

Just get the myth that 'Disney is for kids' out of your mind and have fun. It drives me nuts that people think you cannot have fun without kids, enjoying Disney is a state of mind. The first time I went without DD I expected to get upset on the drive to the airport, nope, on the plane, nope, at some point during the trip, nope, in fact when I came back so many people asked what I'd done as I looked so well. Disney is for families, big and small, couples, solos, old, young and young at heart, simply put, it is for everyone!
To all who come to this happy place, Welcome!

We are doing our first "Childless" WDW Trip early December!:santa:

This is our "getting over the hump" trip as our youngest DS will be tucked away at college end of August! :thumbsup2
REALLY, some alone time for Mom and Dad? YAY!:)

SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!:woohoo:
Can't wait to see WDW with the beautiful holiday decorations!:santa:

My DH and I have been many times without our kids. It's a nice change. We relax at the pool, read our books, drink around the world and then drink some more...... Every once and a while we feel guilty about our kids not being with us. Then we shake our heads and keep enjoying ourselves. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter