Things you've never done in Disney.

addicted2dizney

DIS Veteran
I was just reading another thread that mentioned the show in front of the Castle in MK. I got to thinking that after probably more than 75 days of my life spent at the MK in the past 30 years I have NEVER stood there and actually watched one of those stage shows. I've seen a line or two as I stroll by but never bother to stand there and watch. I am curious to hear what others have perhaps never done/only done once out of many, many visits.

I'll add in also that I have not been on the rocket ships in tomorrowland since 1977!:rotfl2: Did them once and have not been on since.. can't justify the long wait. I do however plan to go on them this september during the MNSSHP. I was going to last year and got sidetracked. The early september party would be perfect for this! :)

We skip AK every time we go to The World. Still have yet to step foot in that park. (Love the AK Lodge though. :thumbsup2)

Stood in line for any attraction or show for more than 25 minutes.

Boo ya!!! Off-season.

In the MK, the only thing that I have never done was sleep in the Castle and trust me, I want to :cool1: Heck, I have been wanting to do that before they started allowing guests to do it....:lmao:

Gotta say I love this thread! As a newbie who feels like she missed a lot last year - it is nice to know that after 30 years we still may not see it all!!

BTW - I did the Dream along with Mickey show last year and it was OK. (No comparison to Philharmagic like the other thread was suggesting).

We have a #1 in each park this year:

MK - We never did TTA or Astro Orbiter
AK - Festival of the Lion King and EE
DHS - Beauty and the Beast and Indiana Jones
Epcot - Mission Space and Test Track

Yeah - we missed ALOT last year!!

Gotta say I love this thread! As a newbie who feels like she missed a lot last year - it is nice to know that after 30 years we still may not see it all!!

BTW - I did the Dream along with Mickey show last year and it was OK. (No comparison to Philharmagic like the other thread was suggesting).

We have a #1 in each park this year:

MK - We never did TTA or Astro Orbiter
AK - Festival of the Lion King and EE
DHS - Beauty and the Beast and Indiana Jones
Epcot - Mission Space and Test Track

Yeah - we missed ALOT last year!!

TTA is one of my all time favs.. probably ride 5x each trip for a nice break or to wait out a fastpass time etc.. I really missed it in July while it's closed down for the SM refurb. I also resolve to see the Little Mermaid show in Sept. Have only seen it once and had to leave it because my son who was 2 at the time, (now 14) jumped up and screamed.. "you bad!" when Ursula appeared! :rotfl2: He would not stop so I had to run on out of there and wait for DH and DD(4) at the time to get out. :goodvibes

Never
Played mini golf
visited the water parks
EE
Tower of Terror
Watched the parade in Ak
stayed in the castle
There are hotels we haven't stayed at as well
camped at fort wilderness
I'm sure there are other things I will think!

I have never seen Beauty and the Beast, but I really want to! Somehow it just never works out. I also have never seen Fantasmic.

I have tons and tons of them. There are too many things I haven't seen yet in AK to list, I've only stayed in 1 resort so far, never seen Tom Sawyer's Island, Mission Space, Stitch, the water parks, mini-golf...... I guess I just need to make a few hundred more trips. :yay:

Since going to WDW almost every year since I was little, I still have not rode Astro Orb. I swore I was going to last year come hell or high water and I never did. I think the long line always turns me away.

I've never been to Epcot, AK or Typhoon Lagoon.

I've only stayed at an All Star Resort. I always told my mom that for my honeymoon I wanted to stay at the Poly. Low and behold my bil got us a room at the Hyatt for our stay. So much for that.

I've never gone on Astro Orbiter. I've always wanted to, but the line has always been long, and nobody wants to do it.

And I've never been on Dumbo. The first time I went to Disney, I was "too old" to go on it (aka 9 and thought Dumbo was for babies..lol)

Ditto?! It may not be a full day park for you but there WILL be stuff you'll see and experience that you'll be sorry about missing before. Give it a try next time. You won't be sorry.

For me it's the out of the major park stuff. Carraige rides, parasailing, sea raycers. Water parks (long story but DH can't do water right now). There is just so much. I'd like to stay in every resort at least once, eat at every restaurant etc. etc.

We skip AK every time we go to The World. Still have yet to step foot in that park. (Love the AK Lodge though. :thumbsup2)

Ya gotta go!! I skipped it when I was on our high school choir trip because I thought it was a big zoo. Finally went, and we love it!!!

Stood in line for any attraction or show for more than 25 minutes.

Boo ya!!! Off-season.

The only time I've ever even waited that long was when the Astro Orbiter wait time sign tricked us. We'd already invested 15 minutes (which is what the sign said...and the line was deceptively small), and really didn't have time to do much else since we had an ADR to get to, so we just waited. Lame.

As far as attractions...I've never watched Spectro all the way through. We watched about five minutes from the Tomorrowland bridge, then we decided to go ride instead.

Never done Mission:SPACE. It's definitely on my list. I get too enthralled in WS, and only have time for Soarin'.

I think I will post two lists. One for rides that were once there that I never did, and one for current things I havent done. I have been over 100 times since I was 5 so that would be since 1991.

First list.
1. 20,000 leagues....either too young or not interested, wish I had done it though
2. Alien Encounter...thought it was too scary..I love stitch though
3. River boats at AK....We were there, just never did em..horray for youtube vids however.
4. Never saw the Doug show at MGM

Second list.
1. River boat at MK
2. Playhouse Disney show at MGM
3. Story Time with Belle thing at MK
4. China Movie
5. American Idol Experience
6. Im sure there are some new Innoventions exhibits I havent seen including the Piggy bank Adventure.

Of course there are some hotels and restaraunts that Ive never stayed and/or ate at as well, but I'm sure thats with most of us.

Here's my list by park

MK- Stitch's Great Escape
Epcot- Any of the country movies, Mission:Space(although I might try the tame side this trip), Newly reimagineered Spaceship Earth(a must this trip)
DHS- ToT, RnR, and Sounds Dangerous

I have never done Mini-Golf or any of the water parks

I haven't ridden Astro Orbiter either but it's due to lack of interest. I haven't waited in line for the speedway either.

Other than not staying in some resorts or not eating at some restaurant, I haven't tried La Nouba or the Richard Petty Experience. That's really all I can think of.

Second list.
1. River boat at MK
4. China Movie
6. Im sure there are some new Innoventions exhibits I havent seen including the Piggy bank Adventure.

What's Story Time with Belle and where is it in MK?

We've done a lot, but some of the things we haven't done:

Minigolf, parasailing, La Nouba, Richard Petty, Hoop-de-doo revue, Polynesian Luau, Flights of Wonder at Ak, many restaurants including CRT, morning EMH, any of the main street USA rides such as the bus or horse drawn vehicles, Off-kilter and many of the other Epcot acts although I'd love to take the time to see them and for our upcoming trip, I have yet to see American Idol and the Characters In Flight, although I hope to do them both.

Second list.
1. River boat at MK
4. China Movie

What's Story Time with Belle and where is it in MK?

Story time with Belle is a live action story of Beauty and the Beast in a small theater right by the Castle. They get people from the audience to participate. It's a very relaxing diversion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter