• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things you NEED in the parks

Shelbizzles

Mermaid
What are your must haves for visiting Disney?
We leave in in just over two weeks and I'm figuring out what things I still need to get.
Would love to know my fellow disers must haves for traveling & park days :thumbsup2

something for the rain poncho umbrella, fan mister, snacks, food ( I do not buy food but bring my own) O2cool towel

yes just like frog tog they work ok I have some from the dollar store they are long and thin I like them better them the big ones.

What are 02cool towels? Kinda like the frog togg things? Do they work well?
I'm sticking my nose in here. :) I found the cooling towels really helpful. I got the Chill-Its brand and cut them in half lengthwise to make 2 towels. Tip: Keep them very wet, not dripping but don't wring them out much.

The fan-misters they sell are wonderful too but a real pita to carry around.

I'm sticking my nose in here. :) I found the cooling towels really helpful. I got the Chill-Its brand and cut them in half lengthwise to make 2 towels. Tip: Keep them very wet, not dripping but don't wring them out much.

The fan-misters they sell are wonderful too but a real pita to carry around.
Are they annoying to carry around? If they are damp? Where do you keep them when you are not using them?

Something for the rain, some cash and a CC (mb doesn't always work) ID, hat, sunglasses, reading glasses, small pill box for advil/aleve and that is all I take.

Are they annoying to carry around? If they are damp? Where do you keep them when you are not using them?
We wrung them out and stuffed them in an outer pocket of our bag. We wore them a lot and re-soaked them every time we went to the bathroom. Try to remember to take them off for photos though. ;) We saw lots of people with cooling towels on.

KTTW card or magic band, an id and a little back up cash. Other than that, I prefer to take absolutely nothing. If it doesn't fit in our pockets, we leave it behind. Including cell phones. In the good old days we went to the parks without one. We can certainly survive without having one now.

Regarding cooling towels - We took Frogg Toggs in August and I found that they got warm really quickly. They would be cool when we wet them at our townhouse, but they took on the air temperature in about 20 minutes. Rewetting them in a park restroom didn't help much because the water didn't feel very cool. I gave up using mine after a day. What did work for me - I bought a magic towel in a gift shop (one of those small washcloths that is compacted in a little package but straightens out when you get it wet). I kept it in a small ziplock in my purse. Each day, I would wet it and add a few ice cubes to the bag. I would take it out periodically and run it over my face and neck. Then I would blast my little personal fan on my face. This saved me many times while waiting in lines where the air wasn't moving. During the day, I would add a little cold water from a water bottle or a few ice cubes from a drink. My little baggie was compact and easier to carry around than a big cooling towel.

Since I have the Frogg Toggs at home, I use them when someone has a fever. They can put it on their head or neck to help them feel cooler, and I can re-wet it as necessary. At least they're still useful for something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter