Things you love about Universal...a great time for this thread again

I love the way I am treated as an annual passholder.

I prefer the dining to WDW. Better food for the price and overall much better prices. Service is not rushed and friendlier than WDW.

I love how each section of IOA makes you feel completely immersed in the theme.

I love having CityWalk a WALK away from the parks.

I love Cinnabon inside and ouside the parks!!!!!!!

I love Grinchmas.

I loooooooooovvvvve Men in Black.

I loooooooooovvvvve the Horror Makeup Show.

And finally, I love that US does not take itself too seriously.

almost word for word what I was going to write, just sub starbucks for cinnabons and Blues Brothers for Horror Makeup (not that I don't like either named above, they just aren't my number one picks)

I love:

Portofino Bay Hotel

Mama Della's

Emeril's Tchoup Chop

The atmosphere at night in both parks, but especially USF

Mummy

The fact that I just scheduled a business trip into MCO this past Tuesday for the second week of January....and I have a free afternoon/evening to kill at UO!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how inexpensive Universal is. All of their resorts are deluxe, and none are unreasonably priced.

They also give their resort guests great amenities.... I don't know what I'd do without the Express Pass. It's great motivation to stay onsite.

I also like how all of the resorts are walking distance from the parks (okay, it starts to hurt, eventually). You can walk everywhere.

And, I love big thrills, so IOA's hardcore rollercoasters are great.

I love the Port of Entry. It is so wonderfully done, I think it's even better than the enterance to Adventureland. Those cats... I look forward to seeing them every trip!!

I love walking over the bridge into Suess landing where everything is askew and so very Suess like.

I love how the music changes from land to land, but esp as we walk near Jurrasic Park.

Love the hotels, love City Walk...

sigh i wanna go now!!

able to walk from park to park to city walk to hotel with no waiting in lines for crowded buses. no one hour excursions to get to my dining reservations. just a more relaxed atmosphere, and the best perk in the world for staying onsite.

I have to agree and disagree with some of you...

First of all, the theming at Universal has nothing on the ones at Disney. The attention to detail is good, but if you look around you can find a soundstage or a staff-only area (at IOA, at Universal that's acceptable I guess) Not to say that it isn't good, but it's not totally immersive because you can sometimes see behind-the-scenes.

I do love the seclusion you feel when staying onsite. Everytime I'm there at the hotel I feel like nothing matters except me having fun, and that feeling is just amazing. You could tell me I'm miles behind in paperwork and I wouldn't even care because being at the resort is like some kind of drug. That ultimate relaxation that's there is great, but what I also love is that if the park opens at 9 in the morning and you want to be there at rope-drop, you don't have to worry about taking a bus and a boat and a taxi and a monorail--you can just walk over, ride a bike over, ride a boat over (and what's better, being there for opening isn't even a neccesity because the hotel guests get to skip the lines!)

Another thing I like is hte fact that even if you're just going for a day, you can easily do both parks. You just WALK. If you want to eat at Bubba Gump or Nascar Cafe for lunch, you just do it. At Disney, you're limited to one park (unless you want to spend nearly an hour transporting to the next one) and its food (Downtown Disney, for some odd reason, isn't close to anything except Typhoon Lagoon:confused3 )

There you have it; I guess Universal is more desirable as an ultimate vacation destination.

We went there for the first time this summer. I loved Jurassic Park, not only was it a nice break from the heat, but the cm's went out of their way to talk to both our dd's, and really made us feel welcome.

I loved the general "cheekiness" of Universal. Kind of a PG-13 version of WDW. It reminded me of how great kids' movies manage to entertain the adults in the audience too. We're definitely going back this summer.

We also thought the counter service food was better than WDW. I loved the refillable soda cup.

All in all, it made me wish we'd tried Universal a long time ago.

The fact that Universal ISN'T Disney!

The mouse owns me & i luv Disney World, yet staying onsite @ U is akin to a 2-fer vacation for us. The ability to enjoy both parks, each with a totally different vibe, priceless;)

I truly believe a split stay (while pricier due to both parks' tix pricing structures:rolleyes1 ) is the best way to enchance a visit to MCO...throw in a short cruise & it just doesn't get any better:banana:

Drinking at Finnegan's during happy hour when Jim is the bartender. He's one of the best bartender's that I've ever meet!

I love so much, I hardly know where to start! I'll try though.

I love the Mummy. I know, it's a ride but I truly adore it.

I love Citywalk. The great restaurants, the theater, the music - it's a great place to be.

I love the theming. Not only in IOA but I think that the New York area is really cool.

Starbucks is there!

Finally, I love the attitude. Universal is more "in your face" and I get the biggest kick out of this attitude. While Disney (which I also enjoy for different reasons) is mostly fluff and pixie dust, Universal is adventure.

The things I love most about Universal are......

MIB

Spidey

BJGR

Mostly just spending quality time with some of my friends I've met there.

I love that I can have a blast of a vaction but still feel relaxed and refreshed. Disney's great, but we always end up exhausted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter