Things You Hadn't Done Before... But Glad You Finally Did?!?

After 12 trips we finally did the Liberty boat ride in MK. It was nice and relaxing. The other thing we finally did last year was pin trading. You would think that it's for kids. My "biggest kid", DH, really got caught up into more so than our DS's.

For years we never went to Blizzard Beach because we thought it was too teen oriented and thought that the theme at Typhoon Lagoon was more in synch. But last trip we went to BB and had an absolute BLAST! The family raft ride (Teamboat Springs?) is so much better than the family raft ride at TL! We will deffinitely be going back to BB and Winter Summerland next month!

We did Tom Sawyer's Island and thought it was very relaxing and neat. You could easily take food in and have a little picnic there!

Also finally did Aladdin's Carpet Ride and thought it was waaaay better than Dumbo.

One of the advantages of free-dining for our family is that it provides the justification for seeing shows that otherwise would have been skipped because of cost.

So it was that in September 2007, we attended Mickey's Backyard Bar-B-Q. During the initial seating and meet-and-greet phase, one of the cowboy characters approached DD8 and engaged her with conversation. As part of that he determined that she would be a good candidate to participate in the Cowboy's Wedding Ring with another randomly selected young man of about the same age.

Well, it sure made that experience very special with free pictures and rope and wonderful memories. So, per the OP question, this was something that we hadn’t' done before but are certainly glad that we finally did.

If all goes as planned and free dining is offered again for this September, the next item will be the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review.

I have been going since the beginning, and a few things we just did in the past few years:
Fishing excursion (now have done 3 times)
Behind the seeds tour
Keys to the Kingdom tour
Yultide Fantasy tour
Golfing on Oak Trail (done all the 18s, never the Oak Trail and it was very nice)
Dining Plan (will be first time this April) always had AP and DDE or Tables in Wonderland
There ares till more on to do list, guess we have to continue travel to WDW:cool1:

For years we had debated about eating at the Garden Grill at Epcot - it has such mixed reviews!! But last summer we decided to try it and we were pleasantly surprised!! The character interaction was the best we ever had and the food was fabulous!! And the rotating of the restaurant was something so special and unique!! We are definately going back this year!!

Hey we are back to running in the same crowd, but what is the Boston Whaler, how many does it seat? What coupon?

Hey Lori:) The Boston Whaler's are boats that can likely fit up to 6 people. You get to drive it yourself. It has an open area as well as a canopy. We fit all 4 of us, which included Jake sound asleep in a stroller. It was less than 2 sea racers, which we couldn't rent because of Jake. We rented ours from the Contemporary dock and had ot for 1/2 an hour. We got it the last day we were together 2 trips ago, the day we ate at Chef Mickey's.
The coupon is part of the Magic Your Way package and it is good for a free hour when you rent one.

We have been to D-World SO many times - I think next week will be about our 30th time in 12 years!

Our goal, the last few times we have gone, is to do things we haven't before. Here are a few we have tried recently :thumbsup2 :

*The outdoor movies... When I was there last week, we visited the outdoor movie/campfire at Fort Wilderness, Grand Floridian, AND Beach Club! It was surprisingly fun! I am hoping they add this option to all the other resorts!

* Fort Wilderness Segway Tour - We have done the Segway tour at EPCOT many times; this one is different, since they use the off-road Segways. It was really fun.

* The Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground - even for adults! The photo opportunities are great!

* Kim Possible EPCOT Scavenger Hunt - This is great for the whole family, but was even fun for kid-at-heart kids!

* Eat and Drink Around the World Showcase - it is super fun to have an appetizer and beer in every country - you will meet lots of other folks during the same thing!

* Resort visits - I have found that every resort has something worth seeing. Take some time to visit them all, and explore the theming!

I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else posts!

:cool1: I stumble onto Mush Sweat and Shears at HS last trip they were gr8. I will make sure I see them on my next trip:banana: :banana:

For years we had debated about eating at the Garden Grill at Epcot - it has such mixed reviews!! But last summer we decided to try it and we were pleasantly surprised!! The character interaction was the best we ever had and the food was fabulous!! And the rotating of the restaurant was something so special and unique!! We are definately going back this year!!

We love Garden Grill & think it's underrated, the food is good and as you said, the character interaction is wonderful! It's so personal yet low key, what a nice change of pace. :thumbsup2 Still hoping to get a last minute ADR there, no luck so far.

Until our 5th trip, which was in December, we had never seen the British Invasion at the UK in Epcot. We caught their show then and loved it! Growing up, I had a "Chipmunks Sing the Beatles" album. I found this as a CD a year or so ago. My 7 year old son loves it. At the first song during the BI concert, my son says, "The Chipmunks sing this song!" We had to explain the Beatles!

Another memorable moment during this show -- we were sitting way in the back, near the exit of the UK shop where there are character meet & greets. My son was up dancing to the music. We look around and Tigger is bouncing with Colby! It was only for a few seconds before Tigger bounced back into the shop, but it was priceless!

*The outdoor movies... When I was there last week, we visited the outdoor movie/campfire at Fort Wilderness, Grand Floridian, AND Beach Club! It was surprisingly fun! I am hoping they add this option to all the other resorts!

We stumbled upon this at the Beach Club on our last trip, but thought it was only available to guests of that particular resort. Is that the case? We'll be staying at the Boardwalk this summer and would love to hop over to the Beach Club and check this out!

:cool1: I stumble onto Mush Sweat and Shears at HS last trip they were gr8. I will make sure I see them on my next trip:banana: :banana:

My husband LOVES Mulch, Sweat, and Shears too!!!!

Two others we love that haven't been mentioned (depending on what time of year you're going.)
- The Candelight Processional - A M A Z I N G!
- The Sounds Like Summer Concerts at the American Gardens Pavilion (we've only ever seen the Bon Jovi band - they're always the one that's there when we go and will be again this year!)

Last trip we finally saw Off Kilter in Canada WS of Epcot, their show was so good and so fun. We ended up buying a CD for a souvineer of our fun.

We also spent an evening in the Japanese pavillion. My teenage DD did the pick a pearl and had it set into a necklace. We watched the Japanese drum show. Looked through all the exhibits and then ate dinner in the Teppan restaurant. It was a very fun experience which we capped off with Illuminations. Usually we hurry through each country doing just a little bit, taking our time and really experiencing the pavillion was neat.

Also at Epcot we finally did the ride "Living with the Land", don't know why we missed that so many times. We enjoyed it a lot, probably we would like the Behind the Seeds tour as well.

On the other hand we finally did the Stitch thing in MK and all of us hated it, that burp thing is gross and the young kids got really scared and cried. :sad2:

We stumbled upon this at the Beach Club on our last trip, but thought it was only available to guests of that particular resort. Is that the case? We'll be staying at the Boardwalk this summer and would love to hop over to the Beach Club and check this out!
I went over to the Beach Club to watch the movies on the beach when I was at the Boardwalk. But I'd stayed at the BCV and only moved to the Boardwalk because there was no availability those nights at BCV. And when I checked in to the Beach Club, I got the movie list, and of course, the movie I really wanted to see was on a night I'd be over at Boardwalk. So I walked back over-no CM said anything, but after all, I'd been legitimately at SAB just the day beforehand.

In answer to the OP's ?, we walked by American Adventure on over 20 trips, then finally saw it only because we wanted to get out of the rain. Discovered we LOVE the show! I probably should add Country Bear Jamboree for the second time.to that. We'd seen it once, around 1990, thought it was cheesy, and vowed never to see it again. But so many people loved it that I "forced" myself to see it again a couple years ago, and decided it was a really cute show and worth seeing.

When my DD was pregnant, we went on one last trip before the baby (my VERY sweet and adorable DGD4!!). I bought the Hidden Mickey book and we searched out a lot of them, because she was limited in what she could do.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the movies in Epcot--Canada, China, and France. They are all nice to see, and something we had put off for awhile.

Eating in the Coral Reef Restaurant in Epcot.
The food is great and so is the service.
I also like being able see the sea life.

Finding the key under the mat at Muppet 3-D Show at HDS and posing with the singing in the rain umbrella on the Steets of America after a fabulous fun tip from our travel Agent, Pam, and her son. So good of them.
Enjoying the sparkling stars on the sidewalk on the way out of Epcot.
Oh, the hiralious talking trash can at the Electric Umbrella in Future World at Epcot. We like the little things as well as the big.
have fun,
d

I went over to the Beach Club to watch the movies on the beach when I was at the Boardwalk. But I'd stayed at the BCV and only moved to the Boardwalk because there was no availability those nights at BCV. And when I checked in to the Beach Club, I got the movie list, and of course, the movie I really wanted to see was on a night I'd be over at Boardwalk. So I walked back over-no CM said anything, but after all, I'd been legitimately at SAB just the day beforehand.

We were staying at a completely different resort, but wandered by and saw the movie and stopped an grabbed a lawn chair. No one said anything, and the sign doesn't say it is only for resort guests.

We also went over to Fort Wilderness specifically to watch the movie. We saw people coming in with coolers and everything!:thumbsup2

The Keys to the Kingdom Tour in the MK. We always kind of thought that $60 was a little steep when we had already paid for tickets to get into the parks, but on our honeymoon we had some extra cash and decided to go for it. It was SO MUCH fun and a really neat experience. They also include lunch from the Columbia Harbour House. It was definitely worth $60!

About this - while it is a great tour, I don't think I would take it 5 months pregnant. It is very long and LOTS of walking.

Kristine

I hate to admit it, but we'd never done the Carousel of Progress. DH and I went w/o the kids in Feb and did it several times, it was such a hoot!

I saw the CoP for the first time during my solo trip in January....don't know why I never bothered before -- it was pretty cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter