Things You Accidentally Missed on a Trip

BobC

Mouseketeer
So I went to Disney last Saturday through Tuesday which was my shortest trip ever. I had a blast and was able to experience my favorite attractions numerous times during my short time there due to lower crowds. Such as Space Mountain 10x, EE 12x, Thunder Mtn 8x, 7DMT 5x...etc...

Unfortunately, due to my craving for my favorites listed above; I missed out on a few things listed below in the post.

Just curious to know if anyone else totally forgot about some places/attractions/fav things to do on a trip:

-Ellens Universe of Energy: My mom's favorite ride. Since i went solo I forgot all about this and didn't really have time to dedicate to an hour long ride and waiting 10-30 mins in queue

-Mission Space: Not my favorite ride, but forgot it was there! Spent a day in EPCOT and spaced out (no pun intended!) and forgot this existed

-Boardwalk: I wanted to grab a slice of their pizza for the first time, but never even saw a bus for this resort and forgot it existed

-Downtown Disney/Disney Springs: Again, not enough time. Never saw a bus for this and didn't want to dedicate 2+ hrs on waiting on buses and the commute to and fro

-AKL: One of my fav resorts since it resembles my "home resort" WL. I love grabbing food here in the food court and checking out the animals. I was at AK about 3x and was too tired afterwards and just wanted to retreat to my room

-Electric Umbrella: Oddly, one of my fav foodcourts in Disney. Always ate here EVERY trip it feels like except this trip. I didn't go to EPCOT during lunch/dinner time and when i did, I went to Via Napoli to eat.

-American Heritage: Not sure what it's called, but again low on time so I didn't have time for this show at the American Pavilion at EPCOT

-Jungle Cruise and Adventureland: I went to MK 4x and not ONCE did i step inside AdventureLand. Most likely due to my favorite ride POTC being closed. I'm not a fan of Jungle Cruise. I find it tacky and outdated, but its still a must do i feel like Its a Small World which i loathe.

So in summary, I sacrificed those rides/places to be able to ride my favorite attractions numerous times to get my fill.

Just wondering what you guys missed on purpose or on accident before!

We missed these just because we ran out of time or just didn't know about them. Hoping to get them during our next trip.
-Hall of Presidents
-Rope Drop
-Pirate's Scavenger hunt
-Horseback riding
-All of the shows in the countries in Epcot

We accidentally missed Spaceship Earth in March. We even had an FP+ for it. I just completely forgot, and we ended up wasting time at Figment. Yes, waste is the word. I think I was rushing to finish Future World, so that we could head to Animal Kingdom. I have never been to WDW without riding Spaceship Earth. Epcot had only been opened a year maybe two the first time I went.

We also keep missing the circus area of Fantasyland. Our first family trip, new Fantasyland was still under construction. Last summer we only did a few days before a cruise. I guess I figured it was for little kids. We saw it from the railroad in March. So, now I have a mission to at least check it out, maybe ride Barnstormer.

We misses a lot of the countries int he world showcase last year. It was opening weekend of F&W and we had my 4yo nephew. He and the crowds didn't mix. Looking forward to F&W this year with DH!

Hall of Presidents is the one I always seem to miss. I haven't actually seen it since the Clinton administration. And I've never seen the Energy attraction at Epcot at all.

We forgot to buy a Mickey balloon and I went all the way back to the park (exhausted) and it started pouring when I got there. Turns out they don't sell balloons in the rain. I looked like I had gone swimming in my clothes. It was February, I wasn't happy.
I am buying one on the first night this trip.

We missed the Tiki Room. DH and I love parrots, it was on our must do list and we completely missed it! D'oh!

I keep telling myself I'm going to do the bird flight show thingy at AK (sorry don't know the name) and every trip I forget it until I've left the park. I even walk by it on the way to EE and say I'm going to do that and forget (it sucks getting old). I've yet to see the movies at Canada and France, swear every trip I'm going to do them and walk right by EVERY TIME because I forget they are there. In my defense I'm usually there during F&G and F&W and am focused on eating and shopping, who can blame a girl. It has been years, something like 25 since I've been to the hall of presidents at MK and I keep saying I'm going to do it for old times sake and again, forget it EVERY TIME. I'm going the last week in Sept. beginning of Oct. for F&W and I have no FPs since I'm determined to not miss these things again!!!!! No excuses, let's see if I make it.

I was convinced that Tigers at Animal Kingdom were just a myth because, over 5+ trips that lasted at least 2 weeks each, with multiple days each trip at AK....never made it to the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Finally, finally made it for a 5 minute run through as the park closed one night on our last trip.

I made it my mission to visit all the princesses, but totally forgot to see Tiana. I didn't explore Liberty Square, just past by.

I missed the following on my last trip:
- Spaceship Earth- I thought it was the same as Mission to Mars until reading about it later
- Living with the Land
- Cool Zone (love the international sodas)
- Toy Story Midway Mania (didn't use a FP+ and lines were insane all the time)

In World Showcase, we consistently miss Norway, Germany and Italy. It is kind of strange, actually. We love WS and we spend more than one day there on each trip. But I swear, after at least 10 trips, we have barely set foot in those countries. And I can't think of a reason why. It's just quirky.

Nope. I don't think we've accidentally missed or forgotten an attraction. That's what a touring plan is for.

But have we skipped things because we were uninterested or had time constraints? Sure.

Nope. I don't think we've accidentally missed or forgotten an attraction. That's what a touring plan is for.

But have we skipped things because we were uninterested or had time constraints? Sure.
Wow - you must take your Touring Plans seriously! I do massive amounts of planning prior to a trip, but mostly ignore it once we get there. :) We keep forgetting to ride the riverboat, see Phillharmagic in English (we never forget to see it in Japan, oddly enough), and see Captain EO (because it will eventually go away...maybe...)

I was convinced that Tigers at Animal Kingdom were just a myth because, over 5+ trips that lasted at least 2 weeks each, with multiple days each trip at AK....never made it to the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Finally, finally made it for a 5 minute run through as the park closed one night on our last trip.

Yep, this is us too . Always see the Gorillas and do that trail, but have only seen the Tigers once in 14 years--they are on the list for sure this trip!!

We don't visit in the countries as much as I would like to. The ones we almost always skip are Morroco, UK, and Italy. I've put together a little plan that will *hopefully* remedy that this trip. We are eating at Germany, Japan, and Garden Grill-each day we will try and get 3-4 countries in around those meals.

I never knew about the animation classes at HS until my last trip....fell in love with it and now its gone! Mind you, I have been going to Disney parks since 1978 when it was just the MK and have more trips under my belt than I can count!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter