Things to see in ports on the 7-day Eastern

dianachaney77

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any recommendations/must see's in St. Maarten, St. Thomas or Tortola. We will be sailing on the Magic in April 2009. This will be our first Disney Cruise and I can't wait! I will be going with my aunt, DH and DS 3, I have tossed around the idea of doing an excursion but don't know if I want to spend the money plus I don't think there is much my son can do. Any suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Rent a car in St Maarten not too far from the dock for aprox $70 US.We drove to Oyster Bay, Dawn ,Orient,and Moho beaches, then on to Marigot on our Eastern 02-09 Feb.Was amazed at how beautiful the island is off the beaten track.Had the car back by 2pm with all kinds of time for the beach and shopping.Will be doing the rental again hands down next year.We had our 23 month old daughter with us and the rental company had an excellent car seat for her, no worries.Great way to see the island.:banana: :banana:

I've been to St Thomas 4-5 times and the best excursion I've had was the Sunny Liston tour. Google him. He had us all singing and laughing. Music playing, It's an island/shopping/beach tour all rolled into one. Other tour groups went by us and you could just see the difference. We were having a great time and the others looked like they were going to a wake. Sunny and his wife run 2 very colorful and modern open air tour buses. They are polite and fun to be with. Hope this helps.:thumbsup2

I would suggest St. John for the day (from St. Thomas) There's a ferry which runs fairly regularly and when you arrive grab a taxi to Trunk Bay. It is beautiful there and your child will enjoy the beach.:goodvibes

Rent a car in St Maarten not too far from the dock for aprox $70 US.We drove to Oyster Bay, Dawn ,Orient,and Moho beaches, then on to Marigot on our Eastern 02-09 Feb.Was amazed at how beautiful the island is off the beaten track.Had the car back by 2pm with all kinds of time for the beach and shopping.Will be doing the rental again hands down next year.We had our 23 month old daughter with us and the rental company had an excellent car seat for her, no worries.Great way to see the island.:banana: :banana:

We're thinking of renting a car in St. Maarten in April. Is this something that we can rent right off the boat? How near is the rental place? Or do we have to reserve it ahead of time? Thanks

Most of the rental agencies were just off the main dock to the right of where the water taxis were located.We simply walked up to the booth and rented right there, no prior reservation..All kinds of rental options,(jeeps,compacts...) and we even bartered on price when my wife showed a little interest in the competition next door, they did not want to loose our business!! Simple and painless.Excellent to get away from the cruise crowds and see the real island.All the small shops on our journey that we stopped at were up to 50% cheaper than in the town of Philipsburg for the same items.Offset our cost on the car rental with what we saved buying out of town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter