• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things to make sure you have when heading to the world with a toddler!!!

Today I was thinking about a few things I think would be good to bring with us on this trip. We are staying in a condo for a week.

1) outlet plugs
2) door knob cover - so no one can escape:rotfl:
3) door stop to keep kids door open

Good ideas. We have a couple of rubbery things that you slide over the top of the door so they can't close it all the way. A well-place towel could do the same thing. Having something on the top of the door will keep it from "accidentally" getting kicked out.

I rented a potty ring, bathroom step and booster seat for our room through Kids Nite Out and it was a huge help! They had them at bell services when we checked in and we just returned them to bell services when we checked out. The potty ring you buy (they don't re-use) but all were very affordable.

ETA: Or maybe it was All About Kids that we got the stuff from. I think it was...

Do any of you bring water bottles with filters built in? We are thinking of doing that b/c we often water down DS's juice (and he likes drinking plain ol H20, too). Anyway, if you do, I wondered what kind you got.

Rain ponchos for child and stroller
Glow sticks/bracelets from the Dollar Tree

We have never been but those are a few things that are already in my "Disney Box." DS is potty trained, but I'll be sure to have copious amounts of undies and probably pull ups for night time (or for when we run out of undies!)

The only things we took into the park with our toddler (20 months on our trip) was a sippy cup, snacks, diapers/wipes, and a change of clothes. We only used the change of clothes one day, but it was totally worth it. Blowout at EPCOT while my husband and daughter were riding Soarin.' I got to clean that up while they went on the ride twice in a row with our rider swap passes. Boo hoo.

The only things we took into the park with our toddler (20 months on our trip) was a sippy cup, snacks, diapers/wipes, and a change of clothes. We only used the change of clothes one day, but it was totally worth it. Blowout at EPCOT while my husband and daughter were riding Soarin.' I got to clean that up while they went on the ride twice in a row with our rider swap passes. Boo hoo.

That is so sad!:sad1: They are off Soarin and you are up to your elbows in poopy!

Oh and I'm bringing the puke buckets. It will be just our luck to have our kids get a stomach bug while there or in the car ride down. It's more for "insurance". I figure if I have them I won't need them, but if I don't, someone will start projectile vomiting all over the van.

Don't forget Tylenol, Motrin and buttcream.

A babysitter. :)
No, I'm not joking. When we had three little ones we found it worthwhile to bring someone along so that we could ride all the rides and enjoy our meals. We were spending a small fortune anyway so it seemed worth it to us.

Any and every over the counter medication you might need. The year we thought we would just buy what we needed is the year they pulled all cold meds and Tylenol off the shelves. And this was the one and only time the grandson got sick. Figure it is like your car.....wash it and it rains.....no meds and he gets sicks....take meds and he is fine. So now I always pack everything!

Thanks for the tips! We are bringing DS for his first trip when he is 2...can't wait...and totally not prepared on what to expect! (poor first kid!)

I saw a water bottle adapter from Green Spout that I'm going to pick up....Turns water bottles into sippy cups...

I've seen people say the disposable placemats, but what about disposable bibs? We picked up a box from babies r us for our last trip and they were great! The box had so many that the leftovers are all sitting around waiting for out next trip!

DD is 3.5 and later this month will be visiting the World for her 7th time. Packing for her has definitely gotten lighter as she's gotten older but some invaluable items for us were:

- Sunscreen
- Her blanket(s)
- Small items to occupy her during wait times
- Sanitizing wipes
- First aid kit (we've never had to use it but she loves playing with the band-aids!)
- Extra set of clothing

I've seen people say the disposable placemats, but what about disposable bibs? We picked up a box from babies r us for our last trip and they were great! The box had so many that the leftovers are all sitting around waiting for out next trip!

We haven't used bibs since my guy was 10 months and wouldn't keep them on. He eats pretty cleanly these days, at least as well as I would expect from a 2 year old.

I love the placemats though! I just bought more off of Zulily the other day. I have a big container of individually wrapped sanitizer wipe I purchased from sams club. We also like the small Sesame Street juice boxes, and horizon individual milk containers. But, we also have flat packing water pouches that he likes, so I'll bring those to refil instead of a straw cup. We also have adult sized ones for us as well.

So, on my list:
Disposable placemats
Diapers and wipes
Sanitizer wipes
Beverages and snacks (we really like the Plum Sammy's or Grammys)
Extra complete outfit

Do any of you bring water bottles with filters built in? We are thinking of doing that b/c we often water down DS's juice (and he likes drinking plain ol H20, too). Anyway, if you do, I wondered what kind you got.

Rain ponchos for child and stroller
Glow sticks/bracelets from the Dollar Tree

We have never been but those are a few things that are already in my "Disney Box." DS is potty trained, but I'll be sure to have copious amounts of undies and probably pull ups for night time (or for when we run out of undies!)

We bought Bobbles (Bopples?) for us and a Brita kids water bottle for DD4. You can't use the bottles with filters with anything but water. Juice and other drinks ruins them. We plan to take out the filters for when she drinks anything different than water.

In addition to many other things mentioned, we are bringing suckers with us so DD has them if she needs something to occupy her time.

We bought Bobbles (Bopples?) for us and a Brita kids water bottle for DD4. You can't use the bottles with filters with anything but water. Juice and other drinks ruins them. We plan to take out the filters for when she drinks anything different than water.

In addition to many other things mentioned, we are bringing suckers with us so DD has them if she needs something to occupy her time.

I've seen the Bobbles and the Brita ones. We're thinking of going with the Britas for all of us b/c I noticed the mouth is wider and would be easier to put ice in. I guess if DS wants juice, we'll remove his filter, add filtered water from one of our bottles and then mix the juice in. Someone else said that you CAN use the Mio water enhancers but you just need to rinse the filter out as soon as you're done. I don't know, though.

If the free water from the counter service areas isn't yucky, we may just skip the filtered bottles. I haven't gotten confirmation that it is or isn't though- just the H20 from the fountains/tap that's gross.

I have a box of those but have not tried them in months. I made P 2 smock type bibs to put over his clothes at meals. My problem with the disposable bibs and any other kind of bib is that P can pull them off. I like the ones that go over the head and cannot be pulled off.

027.jpg

Great tips everyone! I'll also be bringing a stroller rain cover, maybe a small fan that clips on the stroller, and my Kinderpack baby carrier so I can put my 14-month-old on my back while waiting in line (keep him close and safe and keeps my arms free)!

Just finished up a week with a 17-month old and 4-year-old and now I'm sold on more minimal packing for the parks.

I went with my Patagonia sling pack and stuffed it with:
3 diapers
wipes
sunscreen
spare romper/onesie
spare socks
extra panties for DD in case of an accident
snacks
moleskin

I also fit my hat, camera, phone, Motrin, and wallet and threw a big filtered water bottle in the outside pocket and had a little room for small souvenirs. We never felt like we were missing anything except maybe some pocket stain stick and it would have been smart to bring some Neosporin and band-aids, though we had no injuries last week. I think the travel stepstool is a smart idea as well, if you can fit it.

I'm a now a reformed giant backpack carrier ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter