Things to do near the port

maryeabq

Mouseketeer
Our flight out leaves late in the afternoon. I am renting a car to go back to the airport and was wondering if there is anything to do near the port for a few hours before heading to the airport.:scratchin

I don't know about the port (other than Cape Canaveral), but if you end up heading back to the MCO area and want something non-Disney to do, I recommend checking out Celebration. There is a fountain for the kids to run through, some great restaurants downtown, walking/biking trails (you can rent a bike and even a Segway, although that has to be arranged in advance), and it's centrally located by 192, which has lots of other things to do. Then you can hop right on 417 for a 25 minute ride to the airport.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I don't know about the port (other than Cape Canaveral), but if you end up heading back to the MCO area and want something non-Disney to do, I recommend checking out Celebration. There is a fountain for the kids to run through, some great restaurants downtown, walking/biking trails (you can rent a bike and even a Segway, although that has to be arranged in advance), and it's centrally located by 192, which has lots of other things to do. Then you can hop right on 417 for a 25 minute ride to the airport.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

you can go to the beach. the cocoa beach pier, ron jons surf shop, kennedy space center. you can go on an airboat ride on st johns river if your flight leave late at the lone cabbage fish camp cocoa village is a short drive on 520 and it is a neat place to walk and shop, tons to do let me know what you are looking for and i can help more

I will be traveling with my sister (loves to shop) and my daughters (16, 17). We are going to Kennedy Space Center before the cruise. I'm just looking for something fun to do near the port (don't want to get lost) for 3-4 hours before we head to the airport.

well you cannot beat Ron JONs Surf shop for the teenagers it is the worlds largest and it is awesome only a short drive past the port in cocoa beach. Hanging out andf having lunchat he cocoa beach pier would be an idea also as they can watch the surfers and vollyballers or do it them selves.

I like to stop in at The Perfect Gift and visit with Shirley and Norm. Also, there is a place not too far from there that you can go to see manatees.

We are getting to the port on Friday night around 7:00. We are staying at the Inn at Cocoa Beach. Anyone know of a good place to eat a late dinner or things to do within walking distance? Is the surf shop close-by? After flying all day, our kids 12 and 16 would probably like to shop or at least stretch their legs before bed.

ron jons is a very short walk just in front of the Inn I love the Inn i hope you like it too. there is a mcdonalds a pizza hut very close and if you are up to a short walk you can go to The Old fish house has great crab/seafood an icecream place next door also or you can drive there and too th epier Marlins at he end of the pier is kinda a sports bar tyoe atmosphere bvery affordable

We went to Cocoa Beach and watched the surfers. All the kids 8,10, and 13 really enjoyed it. Ive heard Ron Jons is really fun but we didnt have time.

I dont know what RonJons is...I thought is was a surf shop...what is there for kids to do there???

Thanks~

Kathy:wave2:

prymsu - Can you provide more info about watching manatees near Cocoa Beach please? My DH loves manatees and we are going to Cocoa Beach the day before our cruise in order to explore, go to beach, visit Ron Jon's, etc... Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tiger:)

It is not to far from Shirley's shop. I can't remember the name of the street, but I bet if you posted that question, or PM'd Shirley she could give you the exact info. It has been a couple years since we did this, but it is easy to find.

There are tons of places to see the manatees along cape canaveral an easy place is as you come over the bridge on 528 towards the port pull of to the right after the big bridge past Merritt island but before yu exit to the right to go to the shipsthe manatees like to hang out in the crescent shaped area at the side of the river near the port off 528 before you turn to get off of 528 or you can go to a1a and hit any of the residential streets that go west most of them have canals or end by the river and you can see them in the canals
Most teenagers love hanging out at RON JONS they have tons of stuff besides surf boards t shirts swimsuits towels glasses, hats, etc.....
Jungle Village is also just pastthe port they have mini golf lasr tag go carts etc....

Another vote to go visit Shirley, Norm and Rose!
The best people you would ever want to meet!!!

God love ya's!
Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter