Things to do near Port Canaveral or MCO?

hart6066

DIS Veteran
We are going on the Dream and will have a full 2-2.5 hours to kill before our flight home (not including driving times). Is there anything fun to see near these 2 areas? We don't have enough time to go in and pay to see Space Center, and the free time is pretty much from 10-12 so an early lunch at WDW Resort may not be best (plus we'll have just had breakfast on boat). I just don't want to sit at the airport for 2 hours (we already have the needed time built in) but I'm having trouble thinking of something to do. Can you drive in and see anything without paying at the Space Center? Anything interesting on way to airport? Thanks! OH--we'll be with DS10 and DD8.

I briefly looked into the same thing. In winter you can try and see some manatees around the power station and coastal waters. Unfortunately we are travelling in summer, so I am going to miss the big guys.

If you don't get much help here, the coco beach trip advisor forum has a lot of good stuff and several local travel guru's monitor the boards to help out.

We have stopped off at Downtown Disney. Also Fish Lips has great food for lunch overlooking the port.

Be sure you really have enough time though. It all takes more time than you think. Getting off the ship, shuttle to the rental place, getting the rental car, driving to Orlando, returning the rental car, taking the shuttle to the airport, security.

Ron Jon's Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach is fun. It's a quick drive and has free parking and there are places to eat near there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter