Things that gross you out in WDW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. eating in the bathrooms:scared1:
2. the smell of urine on the steps and at the top landing of the volcano slide at the Poly
3. smelly bodies especially when you get into a ride seat after them...
4. people who throw trash or leave melting ice cream, novelties on the ground or in a water fountain..come on people, there are trash cans EVERYWHERE at WDW
5. horny teenagers gettin a little too..."into it" on the monorail even with little kids in the same car:sad2:

Maybe he was breastfeeding

We passed one... with exceptions...

Any establishment with ONLY 21 and up can still smoke. Our county will never pass 100% - too many factory workers here.

Long story short, unless there is a national or state ban, very few businesses will not ban smoking. Too much of a monetary risk - especially during a time when repeat business is at a premium. It's easier to let the blame fall with the state/national gov't - takes it out of the businesses hands.

There are lots of businesses around here, especially restaurants that have chosen to go smoke free

The thing that grosses me out the most is seeing some of the bathing suits people wear at the waterparks. You can't help but stare and look at their "fat" hanging out and I am not meaning the men, it's the woman. Come on ladies, if you can't see your feet wear a one piece and not a two piece.

I agree. As a very overweight person, I don't even dare wear a one piece. I wear board shirts and a rash guard. All my chub blub is covered and I'm actually more comfortable!

What a pet-peeve this is for me! We have some hill-billy shirt-tail relatives (husbands side, OF COURSE) that live on a turkey (leg) farm. They taught their son to just pee on a bush if it was more convenient. So, there is the kid, at like age 5, visiting a mutual relative of ours and whipping it out to pee on rosebushes in the front yard in front of my entire family and other guests. I kid you not, this kid was no more than 15 yards from the bathroom! I'm thinking this is the same doofus mentality of the folks peeing in coke bottles and on shrubs at Dsiney World.

[sarcasm/]

Hey! :mad: Urination is a wonderful and natural act of life and should not be looked down upon! How dare you tell me I can't do that in public. I am PERSONALLY offended that my Father, Brother and all other men in this world would be ridiculed for a bodily function that everyone must do! What do you expect us to do when we gotta go? Walk all the way to the bathroom? Do you know how many people get in the way because they are eating in the bathroom? And wouldn’t it offend those eaters to just walk in and start to urinate while they eat their turkey legs? I demand an apology you!

[sarcasm]

Last time we stayed at POP there was a couple (not teenagers) having full on sex in the pool. We had to take our three year old son and leave. :eek:

[sarcasm/]

Hey! :mad: Urination is a wonderful and natural act of life and should not be looked down upon! How dare you tell me I can't do that in public. I am PERSONALLY offended that my Father, Brother and all other men in this world would be ridiculed for a bodily function that everyone must do! What do you expect us to do when we gotta go? Walk all the way to the bathroom? Do you know how many people get in the way because they are eating in the bathroom? And wouldn’t it offend those eaters to just walk in and start to urinate while they eat their turkey legs? I demand an apology you!

[sarcasm]

I didn't say you couldn't do it. I just called you a spoiled brat. Gosh, I think you are overly touchy, pee pee boy. ;)

Last time we stayed at POP there was a couple (not teenagers) having full on sex in the pool. We had to take our three year old son and leave. :eek:

Oh boy, look out for that sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek (no pun intended) whole "natural act" arguement to surface any minute, now...

People who don't wash their hands gross me out anywhere, not just WDW. Working in a hospital (even being non-clinical) has turned me into a little bit of a germaphobe. Oh, and use soap. If you don't, you just have wet germs.

I think I'll subscribe to this thread just to watch the breastfeeding in public drama unfold.

LMAO!!!!
"Oh, and use soap. If you don't, you just have wet germs."
I LOVE that...wet germs!!! Will definitely use that one!!!
:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

I agree. As a very overweight person, I don't even dare wear a one piece. I wear board shirts and a rash guard. All my chub blub is covered and I'm actually more comfortable!

For all of you bothered by speedos, two pieces and breasts, stay out of Europe, European owned resorts, and away from Europeans in general. The men all wear speedos, and the women, regardless of size or age, all wear two pieces, often foregoing the top.

I am paraphrasing but Bill Maher once said something like "America was founded by the Pilgrims, people that were so uptight that the British ruling class was too liberal for them."

waiting for my ds to get off barnstormer, turned to see a grownnnn man hold 1 finger over 1 nostril and shoot out whatever was in the other 1 onto some bushes near the little stand there....Really....and while waiting in line at ET. a woman started yelling at her little 3 yr. old then whiped out a mason jar from purse/ pulls his pants down/ he fills it she put lid on and sat it by my foot......REALLY....we were last in line at the que area she could have taken him and come back not tooo far from a bathroom...........i wonder
1 how many jars she got in there
2 does she let him do #2 in there (pretty wide lid)

OH MY GOSH!!!
That is weird!!!
I suppose it's better than keeping him in diapers or having him wet himself, but I think toilets and bathrooms were a pretty great invention, why do some people refuse to use them?
The same little boy will be the one peeing in his lunchbox at school instead of asking to use the restroom!:confused3

It's not about being uptight..it's about actually looking in a mirror and knowing your limitations.I don't care what Europeans choose to wear...we're not in Europe.

The people smoking drove me nuts! Especially the classy gentleman who had to smoke in the midst of the huge crowd on Main Street after Spectromagic. Time to ban smoking altogether at the parks Disney!! Come on!!

In Michigan, we just enacted a ban on smoking in all public places, including restaurants. What a blessed relief! I wish Disney would ban smoking in the parks as well. Just common sense.:flower3:

I HATE it when people chew with their mouth open. It drives me insane. I'm a little nervous about the "family-style" seating at Biergarten because I might be thrown in with loud, obnoxious eaters. I wish I could tune it out but it's always been my pet peeve. :guilty:

YES!!! I can't stand this. My mother does it and my dad and I constantly yell at her to close her mouth. She insists that she can do whatever she wants because its her mouth but its my eyes that have to see it! Really? Is it that difficult for someone to simply close their mouths when eating/chewing gum?

Also, I totally agree with licking handrails. Last year this kid was totally going to town as if the handrail was covered in ice cream and m&ms and his mother was just sitting next to him completely aware and uncaring. EWW :scared1: I also saw a kid eat a piece of gum off of a handrail. Do parents forget that children aren't born with common sense and knowledge and every once in a while they have to *gasp* parent?!

Another thing is the people that put on sooo much perfume and cologne that I sometimes feel as though I'm dying because I can't breathe. Ok, you want to smell nice while spending the whole day in hot, sweaty weather. Using an entire bottle a day is not the solution!

In Michigan, we just enacted a ban on smoking in all public places, including restaurants. What a blessed relief! I wish Disney would ban smoking in the parks as well. Just common sense.:flower3:

Whenever banning smoking at the parks comes up, I always wonder if part of the reason they don't is that Disney sends up a ton of smoke themselves when they shoot off fireworks. While it may not have the same composition as cigarette smoke, it sure can cause my asthma to flare up!

Beyond that I can understand why they don't ban smoking in the parks. They would loose a lot of business if they did so. It is just not easy to walk to the front of the parks and light up the way you can at a restaurant. My mom would never be able to last all day at the parks without lighting up. Cigarette smoking is a horrible addiction and not that easy to quit, even if you want to.

I think Disney should just enforce the rule they already have. No smoking outside of the DSAs.

Why is Disney so reluctant to ban smoking? It makes no sense to me!

I think they'd lose a lot of European customers. Americans are bad enough with smoking, but the Euopean visitors probably double our statistics! (To be politically correct.....I love you Europe....now get that Euro straightened out so I can retire.)

Especially with all of the influence Disney, it would send a great message!

It just seems odd to me that a place which is HEAVILY marketed to children, has them come there and be exposed to secondhand smoke.

Not a personal attack on you, but this really gets me riled up - and here's why: BOOZE.

It's marketed heavily in every park except MK. Heavens, it's in most restaurants, predominant at the pool bars, even in STREET VENDOR carts that look like giant slushie machines! I've seen parents pushing strollers with one hand and balancing giant beer mugs in the other :sad2:

I understand you do not want to smell smoke because you can't tolerate it for whatever reason. DH doesn't like to be around people who are drinking because of his alcoholic father. It makes him physically ill to smell it.

However...it is legal and allowed on Disney property. So is DH going to give the stink-eye to everyone weaving through World Showcase? No..he's going to ignore it and enjoy his hard-earned vacation. At least the smokers are (supposed to be) in well-marked, easily avoidable locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter